It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin’s snub of conservative conference raises many questions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

RIGHT ON sister D.

"Power to the People"

*clenched fist of defiance held proudly in the air*

perhaps the Left and the spirit of the TPM have something in common.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Will this turn of events splinter the GOP into an ineffectual party and in turn lose national elections?
[edit on 9-1-2010 by whaaa]

Not really a question as much as present tense.

On a side note:
The Democrats new found majority was not significant enough this past election to off-set the natural ebb and flow spawned by general voter discontent and we will see the GOP will gain some seats in mid-terms...but no more than average...the party in power usually loses seats in mid-term.

They usually don't turn out well for the party of the president; over the past 17 midterm elections, the president's party has lost an average 28 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate.

en.wikipedia.org...

It will be interesting to see how the Obama administration shakes out in comparison to the historical average, but I am certain that regardless of outcome the GOP will claim a huge victory...it's politics after all.

Palin is fumbling, but frankly I don't think her hard-core followers care. Her base is fundementally limited to an ideological minority that I don't see being able to grow significantly enough to be even a remote threat in 2012 beyond being a "spoiler" to the GOP candidate

....and even that is far-fetched because the GOP has candidates in waiting that could easily devour Palin in the public forum and the GOP does not play civil. The intra-GOP candidate face-offs betwen Palin and other GOP nominees will make the Clinton/Obama contest look like a lovefest.

In the end...she is political entertainment. I think the Fox news gig is wise, since most GOP will handle her with kit-gloves as long as she has the option of using her very visible post on Fox to slam a potential future contender. But if she opts to run, she will have to legitimately step into the fray at some point...and she will stall as long as possible until then.

Just my 2 cents..

[edit on 17-1-2010 by maybereal11]

[edit on 17-1-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

Originally posted by Signals
She is a quitter. Please, please, Sarah- go away.

HA HA HA HA! don't you wish she would!

Everytime Sarah does something unorthodox and unexpected EVERYNE goes ballistic and claims it will be her demise. Just like they did when she left the Alaskan governorship

Umm...It wasn't so much "unorthodox" as it was quiting....you do know she quit right? If you swear an oath once to "serve the people" and then quit because it was too much for you...why would anyone on the planet think that qualifies her for POTUS?

that was supposed to be the end of her political career and we all know what has happened since... :lol

Hmm ...do you know something I don't? Is writing a book or appearing as a commentator on Fox a political career? What am I missing? Does she hold some secret public office I am unaware of?

I think you are either way ahead of yourself and in for a great dissapointment or you are living in some alternate reality...which is actually kind of interesting to me...is Palin POTUS in your day-dreams?

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A few points:

1) This is, by no means, a move to start or support a third party. I see Palin as a tool, and/or a linchpin between the GOP and this grassroots movement.

To me, this seems like a move to strip the power and quite a lot of the members from the real tea party movement and swing them back into the GOP.

2) Sarah Palin is not original, not "unorthodox", not rogue, and absolutely not out of step with the GOP.

3) The GOP has wanted to co-opt the Libertarians for a long time as there are votes to be had there. The GOP would like nothing more than to capture what grew up around Ron Paul, and this is their vehicle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join