It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hidden sign of the latter days

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

To those who dont believe, its not your fault entirely that you are blind, but blindness was and is a choice.

And to you that is deluded, it is your fault you are deluded as you refuse to even entertain the thought of thinking critically, using your brai is and always will be a matter of choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.shields-research.org...

When LDSWorld.com left the Internet, we wrote and asked for permission to put all of their hoax and myth information up on SHIELDS. We never received a reply. But we feel it important that their effort not be lost and that members don't spread false rumors. In that spirit we are going to reproduce their work (we saved it before it was gone). If the original owners of the work object, we will remove their work. Their intro:

There are many stories and rumors that get distributed around the Internet. Many of them are untrue, but continue to get wide distribution because of their sensational or speculative nature. Stories related to the LDS Church or other "inspiring" incidents are often quoted in Sacrament Meeting talks or lessons as if they were true, in spite of their dubious source. Other true stories are modified in ways that dilute or change the meaning. The purpose of this page is to document some of the untrue stories and messages related to the LDS Church.

In general, it's a good practice to be VERY skeptical about things you see on the Internet. Unless they are well-documented and come from a reliable source, be inclined to doubt them - especially notes that say "Please forward this to everyone you know!"

INDEX OF TOPICS: LDS-related hoaxes and legends:

Missionaries spared in World Trade Center attack (Added 9/18/01)
Youth were Generals in the War in Heaven

Painting shows true appearance of the Savior
Catholic priest prophesies restoration in 1739

Jaredite Barge found in Lake Michigan

Elder Nelson writes of neighbor converted by Book of Mormon

St. Louis temple appears to be on fire

Oklahoma City building miraculously spared by tornado

Missionaries called to China

Missionaries called home for WWIII

Entertainer Steve Martin is LDS

Non-LDS hoaxes (but commonly shared among LDS members)
Atheist trying to disrupt Internet (Updated 3/16/01)
Janet Reno statement on cults

Procter & Gamble has Satanic association

Mail tracking software

Virus warnings

Inspirational Stories - possibly true, but often modified and changed
"Free the Birdies"
Patriarchal Blessing for Down Syndrome child
Japanese missionary in South America
Japanese pilot tries to bomb Hawaii temple
:

I can't say I would believe anything coming from LDS.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
www.purdue.edu...

Krista M. Clark Cline, Ph.D., 2007
Department: Sociology and Anthropology
Dissertation: Dogs and People: Using Role Strain and Role Enhancement Theories to Predict Dog Owners' Well-Being
Current Position: Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Missouri at Columbia

Using this study the woman did i will be ok because I have a little yorkie.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

To those who think the post is about God punishing the "obese". No that is not the point, but is typical of the blind of this age.

How do you know what the point is, who exactly, made you authority on how to interpret what the bibles are supposed to mean?

If your god is unable to get it's message across without needing a freaking code breaker then the bibles are only fit for the bin.

You are most certainly not an authority on the Bible. That makes you a poor critic.

If you think the Bible needs a code breaker, I have the key: Learn english.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Maybe if Israel were getting obese, since the passage is clearly talking about the Jews. Christians don't have a covenant with YHWH - nor does the nation of the United States. It's irritating to watch Christians twist and spin and pretend that the book actually talks about them, when in fact the people who penned it all doen had no clue that some heretical jewish cult might become a dominant religion, much less that there was a wad of continents on the other side of the planet that Christians would commit genocide on and then colonize...

*heretical jewish cult*???????

Maybe you should read that book again, if you ever did in the first place.

Israel BROKE the covenant with GOD, after receiving numerous chances to straighten up. GOD found them to be so *stiffnecked and hard hearted* HE basically said, since you rejected me over and over again, following other gods, I'll pick another people, the Gentiles!!!!

The end result? The Jewish people didn't recognize their Messiah, the religious leaders and secular leaders of the day schemed to have Him killed, to keep their power, and the ordinary people were so brainwashed and ignorant they went along with it.

They even said to Pilate, let His blood be on our heads and our children's heads. They are still paying the price for that to this day.

He's letting the Jewish people go their own way for now, until the *times of the Gentiles are fulfilled*.

P.S. Israel is no longer the Jewish people, it's anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah, who died for our sins.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by sezsue]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No one ever said that obese people didn't live in the past.

They are certainly more prevalent these days.

As for the poster who thinks that the religious must be fat, you don't know much. You're still a child, though. That's obvious.

The purpose of the OP is to show people yet another sign that is slowly but surely being fulfilled before the end times.

If anyone can, by USING THE BIBLE, discredit the OPs premise, which is based on the BIBLE, then feel free.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Oh my....the end times our upon us because Americans are fat? People have been predicting the end times for...well since the beginning of times!
We should not concern ourselves with when he shall return but only make sure our house is in order for that return. If you are a believer concern yourself with your beliefs and quit guessing Gods intentions as he will make his intentions known when he is ready. And for the Obese...sorry but you seem to be a target for more than just God as you may just be eaten by aliens...read this for a good laugh

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And my BMI is 18.2 so maybe i am safe either way!

[edit on 1/9/2010 by DJMSN]

[edit on 1/9/2010 by DJMSN]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

God's Covenant with Ancient Israel

What did God say would happen if the Israelites failed to live up to their obligations under the covenant?
"But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant . . . I will bring upon you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and drain away your life. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you. If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over" (Leviticus 26:14-18, New International Version).

Most covenants include and define the duties and responsibilities each party is expected to perform. As with the covenant God made with Abraham, the covenant God made with Israel contained conditions, duties and obligations. The people's acceptance of those conditions cemented their relationship with God. But their later disobedience cut them off from the blessings God had promised.

And that ended with them being kicked out of Isreal. And I don't think God made that covenant with the U.S. in anyway.

So fear not U.S. citizens be fat and merry!!!

[edit on 9-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by TarzanBeta

And that ended with them being kicked out of Isreal. And I don't think God made that covenant with the U.S. in anyway.

So fear not U.S. citizens be fat and merry!!!

Such ignorance of the truth............

what about this? Matt 10..

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

www.biblegateway.com...

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Christ walked this earth hundreds of years AFTER the 10 tribes left ancient Israel. So Jesus sent his chosen on a wild goose chase.....

It was well known at the time of Christ the "lost tribes" were in northern europe, britian, ireland......

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Matthew 10-1
He called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.

Matthew 10-8
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

So when they cure cancer and raise the dead maybe I will believe they are sent by Jesus to tell me how to live!

en.wikipedia.org...

The phrase Ten Lost Tribes of Israel refers to the ancient Tribes of Israel that disappeared from the Biblical account after the Kingdom of Israel was destroyed, enslaved and exiled by ancient Assyria.[1] Many groups of Jews have doctrines concerning the continued hidden existence or future public return of these tribes. This is a subject that is partially based upon authenticated and documented historical fact, partially upon written religious tradition and partially upon speculation. There is a vast amount of literature on the Lost Tribes and no specific source can be relied upon for a complete answer..

If you know where the lost tribes are im sure a lot of people would like to know.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It is OVER for America, daughter of Babylon. It will be destroyed in one hour.

And why shouldn't it? What a God-less cesspool is this America now. All prophesied, all to come true.

And it's not only America. God will clean house of this abomination called "the world" and bring in His new one, the perfect government: the Kingdom of God.

You can thank the sodomites, the abortionists, and their enablers (me, before Jesus saved me) for the coming wrath of God..... God is not mocked.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
** Deleted by author; duplicated in next post **

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Why should anyone argue a "what if" this were true when the entire book has been shown as false. If one part of a book is fake you don't value the other part, you throw the whole book away.

Who was the twelfth disciple?

Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:2-4; Mark 3:16-19)
Judas, son of James (Luke 6:14-16)
Nathanael (John 21:2)
The other eleven were Simon (Peter), Andrew, James son of Zebedee, John, Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, Matthew, James son of Alphaeus, Simon the Zealot, and Judas Iscariot.

This ridiculous book can't even agree on some of the very fundamental aspects of history. It's a SHAM brought forth to take your money, your power, and control your behavior.

Check out the geneology of Joseph, Father of Jesus...
The genealogies of Joseph given by Matthew and Luke contradict each other.

According to Matthew, Joseph was descended from David's son Solomon through 27 generations (David to Joseph inclusive). (Matthew 1:1-16)
But according to Luke, Joseph was descended from David's son Nathan through 42 generations (David to Joseph, inclusive). (Luke 3:23-31)

Are there other gods?

Yes - "For although there may be so-called gods in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is one God, the Father." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)
No - "How can you believe, who receive glory from one another and do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?" (John 5:44)

The book CAN'T be trusted so why bother arguing a single point from it??

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Moocowman

I just am wondering why you are so hostile towards believers? your signature says you dont hate christians but you seem to have a lot of animosity towards believers, anyway its not a personal attack i am just curious if you have had some bad experiences in the past with believers.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by destroyhate]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

P.S. Israel is no longer the Jewish people, it's anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah, who died for our sins.

Huh??

You are saying Israel is anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah?

Israel is a country...

I support the rest you said though - nicely stated and good job calling someone out on a misbelief.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Israel is no longer the Jewish people, it's anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah, who died for our sins.

This is perhaps one of the most antisemitic statements one could make. What could you say which would disenfranchise them more than that?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

Huh??

You are saying Israel is anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah?

Israel is a country...

I support the rest you said though - nicely stated and good job calling someone out on a misbelief.

Israel is not just a country, it's a people too, God called his people Israel at times.

edited to say, thanks for the complement.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Israel is no longer the Jewish people, it's anyone who believes Jesus Christ was the Messiah, who died for our sins.

This is perhaps one of the most antisemitic statements one could make. What could you say which would disenfranchise them more than that?

Why would this be considered to be antisemitic? This is what God said in the Bible.

What I have to say means nothing anyway, it's what God has to say about the subject that counts.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DissentFromDayOne
It is OVER for America, daughter of Babylon. It will be destroyed in one hour.

And why shouldn't it? What a God-less cesspool is this America now. All prophesied, all to come true.

And it's not only America. God will clean house of this abomination called "the world" and bring in His new one, the perfect government: the Kingdom of God.

You can thank the sodomites, the abortionists, and their enablers (me, before Jesus saved me) for the coming wrath of God..... God is not mocked.

Then why are you mocking him?

Your speech is not that of someone who has the witness of Jesus.

Do you know Jesus asked you to turn the other cheek, he said go the extra distance, he said give to those who are poor, he says, pray for those who hate you...

You have the first stone...Fire away...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Why would this be considered to be antisemitic? This is what God said in the Bible.

What I have to say means nothing anyway, it's what God has to say about the subject that counts.

No gods exist but Jews do exist and regardless of how it came about their cultural identity as "Israel" spans thousands of years. Being a christian does not afford you any share in "Israeli" identity or heritage.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join