It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A hidden sign of the latter days

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

20For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.

www.biblegateway.com...:20&version=KJV

66 million Americans are clinically obese. That means that they have more than 30% fat by body weight, when a 'normal' body should have less than 25%. Obesity has reached epidemic proportions over the past twenty years.

Obesity used to be thought of as a problem of a few states in Appalachia and the Southeast. It is now prevalent across the United States. In 1990, no state had an obesity prevalence rate greater than 20%, and only 4 states had an obesity rate between 15 and 19%. By 2000, 46 states had obesity rates of greater than 20%, and 17 states had obesity prevalence of over 25%.

The US is a leader in obesity, but rates are climbing around the developed industrial world. It is estimated that there are over 300 million obese people in the world. Rates in China, Western Europe and even Japan are increasing.

www.articlesbase.com...

As america grows "fat" or as the Lord puts it " and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat;" they have in fact abandoned the commandments of God. America has forgotten who they are and why they "were" blessed above all nations in the history of the world.

Now as God kicked out of schools and the 10 commandments are banned from public display and a godless pagans seem to rule from washington DC.

As predicted over 3500 years ago, america, known as the "land of milk and honey" worldwide gorws litteraly "fat".....obese.....is turning to "other gods" and has lost the blessings of God.

Gods wrath is beginning......

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
That's one I hadn't figured in yet!

Good point!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
People often debate over whether the Bible should be taken literally. When you read things like this, that are so specific, so detailed, it bears up.

Most of what is in prophecy doesn't explain how things get the way they appear in the vision, just detailed identifiers. When "this" happens, things will be "this" way.

Good point, OP. I hope more people get it.

S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It's not right that the obesity levels are so high.. people just don't seem to not care about their excessive habits. But the part with God's wrath.. I can't believe in a God who actually seeks vengeance on what people do.

la2

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Surely obesity would also be covered by Gluttony and Greed

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tantalus
It's not right that the obesity levels are so high.. people just don't seem to not care about their excessive habits. But the part with God's wrath.. I can't believe in a God who actually seeks vengeance on what people do.

I have to say though, a bit off topic, but it's not always people 'excessive habits' - although i'm sure there are many many obese people due to gluttony, but from what i've heard the most obese american's are the ones living closer to the poverty line, have you noticed that the cheaper food is food in cans and breads and sodas? Lots of fat and sugar laden foods and artificial additives that help the food last longer on the shelves, so in some circumstances it's not so simple, plus genetic problems like thyroid problems and PCOS in women can make them gain ALOT of weight in a short amount of time, and i've heard many times that women who dont/cant breastfeed tend to have children more likely to suffer obesity throughout childhood & into adult life. So there is more to people being 'fat' then just excessive eating.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

People often debate over whether the Bible should be taken literally. When you read things like this, that are so specific, so detailed, it bears up.

Specific !!!! ???????

No name of country/nation

No date

There are and have been fat people all over the world for centuries, how anyone can possibly conclude that this relates to one of so many stretches the imagination.

This no more specific than claiming that this week lotto winner will be bipedal living in a first world country.

You will probably find an old gypsy woman reading tea leaves is equally as accurate as reading the bibles.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

It is so interesting that the vague so called " bible prophesies" not once mention humans building fiery contraptions that fly up to heaven and lo and behold discover god was not there !

God got very pissed about this like he did when they tried it with the tower of babel. So as punishment he gave them Paris Hilton and Ringtones then hid himself away in another part of the galaxy so they wouldn't lose faith in him.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Copperflower

Specific !!!! ???????

No name of country/nation

No date

There are and have been fat people all over the world for centuries, how anyone can possibly conclude that this relates to one of so many stretches the imagination.

This no more specific than claiming that this week lotto winner will be bipedal living in a first world country.

You will probably find an old gypsy woman reading tea leaves is equally as accurate as reading the bibles.

When you mentioned fat people being around for centuries, reminded me of King Henry VIII - he died 500 years ago last year, so there has definitely been obesity around for years & years.

Late in life, Henry became obese (with a waist measurement of 54 inches/137 cm) and had to be moved about with the help of mechanical inventions.

taken from King Henry VIII Wiki

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Gods wrath is beginning......

So, god wants to off fundies - the ones who are saying god wants to off the rest of us?

Does Religion Increase the Prevalence and Incidence of Obesity and Severe Obesity in Adulthood?

Rate of Obesity by Religion

Religiosity and obesity: are overweight people more religious?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I read the bible from cover to cover; Twice;
Its just a history book about kings and the wars they wage;
It has nothing to do with spirituality

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To those who think the post is about God punishing the "obese". No that is not the point, but is typical of the blind of this age.

To those who cant identify the time, country, etc. The bible verse speaks to the decendants of the tribes of israel. Gathered into the promised land of milk and honey....at the end of the age......

Great Britian, America, and the christian countries of the splintered once united kingdom are of the lost tribes of Israel. A people who once sought God and the freedom to worship God. A people so blessed they became the mightiest people in the history of the world.

First Great Britian then passed to America once the greatest superpower ever on the planet, even above ROME.

But because these nations became "Fat" and basically full of themselves allowing the godless to multiple, the blessings of God have been withdrawn.

As the godless take over, God will punish the people for letting it happen.

As far as not believeing in a God of vengenance, you are completely ignorant of the final prophesy of Christ in Revelations. Clearly 4/5s of mankind will be killed off in the tribulation.

Christ returns with great wrath on judgement day.

God has destroyed this planet and started over several times in the past becuase of rebellion of his creations.

What man in his arrogance sees as 1000's of years of "history" is but an instant in God's timeline. A blink of God's eye..........

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by DjSharperimage
I read the bible from cover to cover; Twice;
Its just a history book about kings and the wars they wage;
It has nothing to do with spirituality

Typical......new age "spirituality" leads directly to the lake of fire. But the bible is a history book of mankind, just some of it hasn't happened yet...

The signs of the coming tribulation are all around. The point of this post is to point out to those who believe a milestone or marker perhaps they have not seen yet.

To those who dont believe, its not your fault entirely that you are blind, but blindness was and is a choice.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yes the end of days are upon us, only The spirit shall save us from or sins now.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
To those who think the post is about God punishing the "obese". No that is not the point, but is typical of the blind of this age.

Excuse me but what is your BMI? You can use this BMI calculator.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
...so there has definitely been obesity around for years & years.

That depends on where you look. Pick pretty much any far east or southeast asian nation and the vast majority of obese people you'll see will be western tourists. Mostly fat ugly smelly americans.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tantalus

Ever read the Old Testament?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

How do you know what the point is, who exactly, made you authority on how to interpret what the bibles are supposed to mean?

If your god is unable to get it's message across without needing a freaking code breaker then the bibles are only fit for the bin.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The point of this post is to point out to those who believe a milestone or marker perhaps they have not seen yet.

Then perhaps it would have been better to write a letter to all the churches warning them of your new found prophesy not beg to be flamed in a conspiracy thread.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Maybe if Israel were getting obese, since the passage is clearly talking about the Jews. Christians don't have a covenant with YHWH - nor does the nation of the United States. It's irritating to watch Christians twist and spin and pretend that the book actually talks about them, when in fact the people who penned it all doen had no clue that some heretical jewish cult might become a dominant religion, much less that there was a wad of continents on the other side of the planet that Christians would commit genocide on and then colonize...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join