It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girls aged 12 and 14 hold up bank in Ohio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Given the size of that kid...Police should've gone straight to the nearest fast food places. Surely they'd find her...pockets full of cash...mouth full of burger and cola...nom nom nom

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Oh... you're from Australia. I just noticed that. Okay totally makes sense now. Racism is like the national sport down there from what I read. Carry on with the cross burnings my glow in the dark friend.

I don't see how slamming on all aussies makes you any different from the comment that SkitzoFrenic said. He's probably going on the perceptions the media feeds him about America and you're doing the same thing right back at him. Racism is a problem in both countries for sure but it would seem the media are the ones who are perpetuating it.
I'm glad you both feel free to express your feelings, that's what ATS is for. I've found life is easier without thinking about race relations in the ways that you both seem to, that's all I can add.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I just think it's funny because reading through all the Aussie racism threads, there's tons of Aussies screaming they ain't racist. Then boom here comes this stereotype.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Good god man you have issues. Try to extend your sense of humanity a little will ya? We're all on this planet together and racism doesn't just hurt others - it hurts you as well. There are far more important differences in people than just skin color, look a little deeper. Besides, these are just children.

Something must be pretty messed up at home for these kids to be out robbing banks. Maybe their families can't find any work and this is how they though they could help feed them or keep the heat on. Kids don;t run out and do this kinda thing on a whim. They sound pretty damn desperate to me, try looking with your heart instead of your head.

Excellent reply by Asktheanimals. I wanted to say something but didn't know quite how to put it, so ditto on the above for me.

Now, here in America, tens of millions of people (parents) without jobs, tens of millions with no health insurance, no chance of good medical care, tens of millions of key latch children and we don't even talk about how many millions of people are homeless while Tiger Woods is dallying with beauties on his yacht with his hundreds of millions of dollars and Beyounce is throwing lavish parties that could pay off several houses it will take most people 30+ years to pay off if their lucky to even afford a house now.

What is wrong with the picture above folks?

Can't you see this bank robbery is the result of a system being run insanely? These are kids, children that feel our system is dirty & corrupted (and it is).

Our youth no longer have good role models, Hollywood promotes the most inane cra% and our social fabric at the moment sucks big time.

We cannot continue "business as usual"..............or things are just going to get more insane. Unless the pie starts being cut more evenly things are only going to get worse.

We are all interconnected, like it or not - and what affects one of us affects all of us.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
if they were white I would say their parent put them up to it. However being that there black all say rap music. Dumb rappers come out with cds titled get rich or die trying, how do you think a kid with parents that don't care are going to do with that influence?

Yeah, that'll be it. I guess that's why the 1967 Summer of Love brought the Vietnam war to an end and stopped all those race riots?! Yeah...music is my programmer too. I'm listening to something sarcastic right now...If only we coulda stopped Hitler from listening to that damn Wagner? Stoopid Wagner...causing millions of dead people...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Most of the crimes committed against the indians here are done by the lebanese, not whites.

Thing is, people only make an issue out of it when it is a white person or group who is involved, because then they can all scream the word they love so much...RACIST!!

Wont work so well when the fact is that it is the lebanese doing this!

Indian students on Thursday alleged that Lebanese youths were behind the attacks on them here as they took to streets for the third consecutive night protesting against racial attacks.

www.hvk.org...

INDIAN MEDIA HIDING FACTS: It’s Lebanese Muslim attack against Australian Hindus

greathindu.com...

But obviousely you love jumping on the bandwagon and screaming whites are racist...don't you ?

the mainstream media just won't have much of a story if they actually told the truth, but no, they have to sensationalize the very small amount of white crime, and completely ignore the real facts.

you are the racist

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SkitzoFrenic]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

And that has what to do with Americans or the Black American community? That's your problems and your bull#. You have no concept of our culture just like I have no concept of yours. All you have is your fear based racist notions which seems to be something of a fever in Australia. All I have is the ignorance in this thread and the multiple news stories on this site.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
so how does it work ? you just walkin the bank, hang the note and get the money ? and they cant even be accountable as under-aged, wau clever girls. but maybe it's conspiracy between cashier and the girls, bank probably has rule to hang the money on demand note

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

I hear what you're saying and totally agree that anytime the media gets the chance they love to tag white aussies as being racist. We get the same deal here in America. There seems to be this PC anti-white bias to news reporting everywhere. Racial hiring/school acceptance quotas, special tax breaks for minorities etc, etc. Yup, the media and government are the ones perpetuating this BS. Makes me wonder if they're not trying to stir up a race war or something.
At any rate it's still divide and conquer by setting up races and nationalities against each other so the select can keep on stealing from everyone else's hard work.
Think I'll lobby to have a white history month in schools

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's obvious that adults knowledgeable about the law were involved in the planning of this crime. These girls did not plan this crime. It's also very probable that it is gang related. Young people, of all races and both white and black are beginning to be more and more involved in gangs... even in affluent areas. Most of the time, the crime is murder for gang initiation (which is what I think happened here).

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
Oh, they are black...big surprise

No thanks for the racial comment.

Abductee

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, this is an interesting story. Two young children attempt to rob a bank? Perhaps, the price of milk money at school has gone up? However, on a serious note, I have been seeing some snide remarks about the race involved in this attempted hold up. Now, that is striking below the belt, because I was always brought up believing that poverty and hardship had no color lines?

I still think that, and this recession has hit every strata of ethnicity in this country no matter what color, creed, or social standing one had before this disaster started. Perhaps, the children were out trying to get money to help their family stay in their apartment this winter, or buy some food? This economic collapse stinks to high heaven, and I see this phenomenon only getting worse in years to come.

Lets face it, these are the times that try man's soul. Insecurity and hopelessness makes vigilantism and anarchy quite cozy with one an another. So, I think we need to think long and hard about trying to survive than worrying about this, that, and whatever in terms of differences; because when the excrement starts flying it will not matter any longer. Just my two cents on the particular topic, and I am just sad that young kids had to resort to strong armed robbery for whatever reason, regardless of race.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

And that has what to do with Americans or the Black American community? That's your problems and your bull#.

I agree. I will also say that this skitzo guy is a complete disgrace to most Aussies.

You have no concept of our culture just like I have no concept of yours.

Again, I wholeheartedly agree. You never really know people unless you live amongst them... live that shared experience. It's foolish to rely on the MSM who have a tendency towards sensationalism and opinion without facts.

All you have is your fear based racist notions which seems to be something of a fever in Australia.

Yet you contradict yourself and make sweeping generalizations and assumptions. Don't fall into that trap!

Something of a fever? It's a few idiots that are not necessarily white. Facts are that some of them have been middle eastern, some have been islanders, some have been africans, some have been aboriginal, some have been feuding indians, and some have been white. It's coming from a broad cross section of cultures that make up society.

Don't fool yourself that these losers only exist in Australia. They exist everywhere man!

IRM

[edit on 9/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Lol i have to say the stupidity of the bank teller is at fault. If i were a bank teller and got handed a note like that from 12 & 14 yr old girls i'd raise my voice and tell them to scram. seriously.... what were they thinking?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Not that this should be necessary but here you go:

Bunch of white teen girls rob bank
www.foxnews.com...

Stupid teller. Sounds more like a gift than theft. I wonder, I I handed a note politely asking for the money and making no threats would it still be theft if the teller gave it to me?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
it's obviously an inside job. the cashier who handed the girls money were related to them. do an investigation on this and you'll know who they are.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Please don't call me a racist.

I have not yet made a racist remark.

I am simply stating the obvious, that it is not a huge surprise that the criminals are black, it is to be expected.

I just wanted you to see the facts. So you can understand how uneducated you sound in your remarks.

This comes from the FBI website and I am sure they know their stuff.
FBI info on bank robberies

Race Bank robbery offenders may not be as many or as varied as one might at first think. Using NIBRS and BCS data, we can analyze their race, and sex, and using NIBRS data we can examine age. Figure 5.4 shows the race of bank robbers from NIBRS data and BCS from 1996 through 2000 as a percentage of all offenders. There are similar patterns evident in the figure. Whites account for between 35 and 45 percent of all offenders in each of the years. Both NIBRS and BCS data bear this out and overall show the same level. Black offenders are responsible for between 45 percent and 55 percent over the period. If we average offenders by race over the 5 years, there is virtually no difference with whites averaging 40.84 percent in the NIBRS data and 39.45 percent in the BCS data. Similarly, the percentage of black offenders in the NIBRS data is very close to that in the BCS at 50.14 percent and 50.26 percent, respectively.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Here's some fat white girls robbing kids for candy.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Awesome.

White teen girls robbing restaurant

www.liveleak.com...

White teen girls robbing a girl scout for the cookie money

yepyep.gibbs12.com...

Look, I can do this all day. The point is trash is trash. If you get all caught on looking for something other than trash like pigment for instance you're going to miss a whole lot of trash that doesnt fit your narrow trash description.

I know what you'll like: underprivilegedjournalism.wordpress.com...

or: www.thugreport.com...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join