It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek technology becoming more of a reality now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
CES 2010: Hands-On With Transparent Display of the Future

www.wired.com...

I can think of a few sci-fi movies like Minority Report, Star Trek, Star Wars, and many things.

It's weird how most of the stuff in the movies and tv shows come to reality. The only thing left is warp drive

Brace yourself for new technology. What a brave new world we are entering into.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
THIS IS SO COOL

I'm sure the technology isn't going to be properly available to consumers for a long, long time, and it won't be affordable 'til long after a decade has passed, but, still... Wow.

(We still need Transporter technology too.)

(Also, awesome sig.)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
you could get GPS + speed etc on front window in cars for some time...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
goodbye pr0n and people who use this might wanna think twice about logging on to their bank accounts.

(when are they gonna make laptops with reconfigurable, touchscreen keyboards? i.e. if i wanna mix music, the keyboard area displays a touchscreen audio mixer interface)

EDIT: ok, they've made one already. i still think they have to add more functionality into it though. (i dislike the start menu and the taskbar on the bottom screen, that space should be reserved for the keyboard)

[edit on 1.9.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That's awesome!

~one of the Youtube comments - "Buy shares in Samsung - Now."

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
goodbye pr0n and people who use this might wanna think twice about logging on to their bank accounts.

I doubt that ALL computers are going to end up using this technlology.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

We still need Transporter technology too.

Actually we do have that technology however primitive it is.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I too have noticed this of course im a big trekkie lol but Gene Roddenberry was a man well before his time

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by KeeperOfGenisis

Take a look at this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1df446cf5a41.jpg[/atsimg]

You are correct. Gene Roddenberry was a man before his time.

It's just a matter of time.

It makes me wonder about those new sci fi movies today.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

you could get GPS + speed etc on front window in cars for some time...

That's just a reflection.

Take a look at this
www.pcworld.com...

"Transparent transistors"

For more outlandish applications, Wager recalls movie technology. Think of Tom Cruise's Minority Report, or a lesser-known sci-fi movie from 2000 called Red Planet.

"This guy hops out of his spaceship, he pulls out what looks like a pen, unfolds an electronic transparent see-through map. The map is figuring out the terrain behind him and is identifying for him everything he sees in the terrain," says Wager.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Out trolling still...

Love this s&F

I am huge star trek fan.

The next generation of technology no one is ready for yet.

Suffice it to say

Holograms

Communicators similar to st

Hand top like the data pads of ST

this is all possible and easily brought to market. Unfortunately also some of the other tech wont be allowed because it will destroy several nations older industries...

The part they are not ready for..

Cloning is viable
psi centers- hey skeptics have to find new work
easy transportation to stars- easy to do

just wait it will be this generation that gets to waste a lot more oppurtunity then any previous

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In my hand I hold an iPod Touch. 15 years ago when I was 10 years old this kind of technology was found in the 24th century Star Trek universe. And it is already obsolete technology.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That's a cool transparent display, but I've seen that before.

I actually think our cell phones are ahead of Captain Kirk's communicators, we have the little color display in addition to voice communication, Kirk didn't have a color display.

But we are far behind in other areas. I suspect there may never be a real matter transporter, the quantum particle version someone just posted about notwithstanding. The Heisenberg uncertainty is real, and it's not as easy as Star Trek makes it to just invent the name of something called a "Heisenberg compensator" to make that problem go away

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have a what if..... Maybe they show us things so it is not a big surprise. Like slowly breaking us in so we don't freak out. Maybe all of this stuff has been around for a very long time and is slowly getting released bit by bit.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I often see many new techs like this in videos but it's waste getting excited about it because you'll most likely never see them until 2020's

new topics

top topics

join