It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone give me feedback on this video that I took

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Took this video Friday night and skip to around 1 minute in. It looks just like a normal flickering star in the sky and ended up with this. At around the one minute mark, you can see a plane fly by the top of it.

When the other objects appeared in the sky, I couldn't find them with my camera. That's why you see me moving to the right, that's where they appeared and didn't show up on camera until a few seconds later. I swear they just came out of no where. The object started traveling right after about 10 minutes while the others started moving along in their direction instantly.

Objects appearing out of no where is what got me puzzles me, and I doubt the flight patterns. I'm no expert so I just asking if anyone has any ideas or inputs.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by johnwayne]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Thanks it is interesting footage S&F, I can't think of anything realistic that would contribute to the phenomena.

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 9-1-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I want to say chinese lanterns at first, but then their behavior in the air isn't expected. My 2nd guess, and my only plausible one, is vehicles driving on a road situated behind a thin treeline on a mountain. But that doesn't explain the red flashin light at the end, imo.
Is there a mountain or elevation rise in that direction?

Chinese Lanterns:

[edit on 9-1-2010 by heyo]

Looking around, they always seem to travel in the same direction, whereas they don't in your vid.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by heyo]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My friend, please tell us where and when you took this video for the interested! Thank you..............

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
As you can see in the video there was a tall hill in the background. You can see it in the video, the outline of the hill and trees. The object just appeared above it out of thin air. I thought they were flares at first then it started moving, so, beats me.

The color they were emitting were just exactly like a star *twinkling* at night, brightness up and down as you can see when the plane passes overhead. That's why I started taking this video and this turns up.

Video taken in Travis County, Texas. There is an airport in the direction that you see the airplane heading.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Daytime video of the same perspective would be helpful if possible.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnwayne
As you can see in the video there was a tall hill in the background. You can see it in the video, the outline of the hill and trees. The object just appeared above it out of thin air. I thought they were flares at first then it started moving, so, beats me.

The color they were emitting were just exactly like a star *twinkling* at night, brightness up and down as you can see when the plane passes overhead. That's why I started taking this video and this turns up.

Video taken in Travis County, Texas. There is an airport in the direction that you see the airplane heading.

No everything looks pretty black to me. Can't make out much. Just before 2:00 they seem to exhibit some odd behavior. I'll hazard a 3rd guess and say helicopters. Maybe get some daytime footage if ya can.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by johnwayne

The thing is - these 'guys' wanted you to see and film them...

In my opinion this applies to anyone that has the opportunity to see (and if lucky enough film) these cosmic groovers

Nice work thanks! S&F

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
It would be nice if you ever do this again to concentrate on keeping the camera as still as possible. Get your body situated, your balance solid, breathe calmly so your body doesn't oscillate, and then lock the camera against your body/shoulder/head. It is most important to keep the camera steady and to not move your body just because you aren't 100% comfortable. It's more important to get a clear steady shot.

Now, to the video itself, first of all, airplanes have a light on the front that is only seen as the plane comes toward you. If the plane turns away from you the white light will "disappear." After looking at it though, I have a better solution:

Those could have been helicopters doing a search of the area. They were using search lights (white lights), and they had flashing red light on the coptor. They were circling around, which looked like they were going back and forth, and as they turned the lights away from you, they seemed to disappear. There did not appear to do any "super human" speeds, and all the movements were consistent with a helicopter search pattern. They could have also been doing night-time helicopter training exercises, perhaps for the police, or some other agency.

Without a closer look at them, it is hard to establish any kind of strange crafts, since normal human crafts have white and red lights, and they are capable of flying the way those seemed to fly. If there was anything very unusual about what they did, it was hard to see because of all the jerking around with the camera.

Anyhow, good job at getting something on camera... unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at things) I don't see anything that would give an indicator that this was not a normal night-time human flying exercise of some kind.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is the video of the spot in day light. I looked at the original one and I can see the outlines of the hill and trees in the night video on the avi but not youtube's compression. It was not being covered up by them.

It was about 20 degrees outside last night so I was freezing and shaking when I was taking this video with my dslr. Yes, I have a tripod, but I didn't expect this to happen so I didn't use it last night.

Thanks for all the inputs. Maybe something like this will happen on another warmer day so I can keep the camera more still. Unless someone else saw the same thing that night, I'll file this under my random video album.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Looks very similar to what i saw just two nights ago, i did film it and got quite close in to, it seemed to be changing shape as i followed it just above the houses in the distance, we have all bungalows hear and just beyond is the sea, I also sow something similar on new years eve/day early morning, and i would just say your a brave person putting your videos up on the internet, which in my opinion just opens one up to ridicual and people telling you your a liar. I dont put my videos up, because i have made to many fakes in the past but not to confuse people they were all made with 3D graphics software as part of various projects i have worded on, so for me to put anything real as it is, no one believes me now
thanks for sharing though.

This is one of my earlier attempts

[edit on 1,9,2010 by neo5842]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Thanks for starting this interesting thread with your video & your report, johnwayne.

Thanks also for posting the daytime footage for reference.

My initial response is that I am looking at flares of some type, due to:

- The orange-ish colour

- The flickering

- The manner in which the objects "fade in"

- The lack of "intelligent" or "dramatic" movement

A few questions if I may.....

Is there a military base or anything like that behind the hills?

Could people be letting off flares in the distance?

Is the area reknowned for any activity of that type?

Has there been anything in your local news about any searches by helicopter for any reason?

Is there an airfield close by?

Have there been any other UFO sightings in your area?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The problem with night videos is that no one can really add anything of interest since there is nothing to discuss in detail. Flickering lights, disappearing and reappearing, moving around, planes flying by and not necessarily in the vicinity of the object of interest. The replies that you are receiving are exactly what one can expect: "I don't know," "It looks like...," "Is there a hill in the distance so that the lights could be this or that."

I suggest that you mount a vigil on the same area during daylight to see if there's a reccurrence and if there is, please mount the camcorder on a solid platform if you don't have a tripod. And zoom in optically so that pixelation from digital zooming is not a factor.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Interesting footage, thanks for sharing. Do you live with-in 50 miles of an airport or over a major flight path? I live next to Nashville International Airport (BNA, about 40 miles southwest) and have seen confirmed airplanes traveling and making such formations. You have to remember that when you are looking at the sky, especially at night, you are looking at a very large 3 dimensional background with limited or no reference points.

Thus it becomes very hard for the human brain to judge the correct coordinates, shape, flight path, etc of objects. Also youtube videos are HIGHLY compressed, do you have the RAW footage? If so maybe one of our image experts can take a look an offer their opinion (I am not skilled in that particular subject matter of ufology). It is an interesting video however, but I would like to know more information, such as airport proximity and if you can provide the raw footage.

Thanks again for sharing.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by jkrog08]

new topics

top topics

join