It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Indians Kill Indian in Griffith New South Wales

I'm hoping the Mods will not penalise this post for 'excessive posting'

Discovered on Yahoo today
dated 10 Jan 2010

Ranjodh Singh...murdered after birthday celebrations.
TWO men attempting to leave Australia have had their passports seized by detectives investigating the stabbing murder of an Indian-born seasonal work contractor in the Riverina town of Griffith.

They were stopped by police at the Sydney Airport departure lounge on Monday as they were about to board a flight to Nepal via Singapore. Both were questioned about their relationship to murdered 25-year-old Ranjodh Singh.

The men, believed to be seasonal workers employed by Mr Singh, were taken to Mascot police station for questioning, but were later released after having their passports confiscated pending further investigations by Homicide Squad and Griffith detectives.

Detectives are examining claims that Mr Singh, who lived in Wagga Wagga and recruited Indian immigrants to work on farms in the Riverina, may have been murdered in a fight over unpaid money to workers, after attending a party in Griffith on December 27 last year.

His bound body, which had been set alight in an attempt to conceal his identity, was found two days later by a passer-by on the side of Wilga Road at Willbriggie.

A post-mortem revealed his throat had been slashed and he suffered multiple stab wounds.

Police are also understood to be investigating possible links in the murder to a sexual assault upon a woman.

Officers from Strike Force Bramwell, investigating Mr Singh's murder, have renewed an appeal for information from the public, specifically the occupants of a car seen in the Griffith and Wagga Wagga area around the time of his death.

Indian on Indian crime

Hope this damps the fervour of the 'racist' peddlers

Edited to add link:www.smh.com.au...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

did you even read your own article?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
There are nasty, evil hate filled people all over the world....

Sadly, my adopted country of OZ( yes, i am an immigrant...)is no different...

I suspect most Aussies here would agree that there are these thugs,who shame this beautiful countries reputation....

but let me tell you, whilst in no way attempting to deflect or derail, this terrible anti indian sentiment by a few pails in comparison to the racism towards Australia's indigenous...and their treatment.

And NO, the KFC ad is not racist!!

Do you know what the ad is portraying, or ,MA, are you falling for the "believe what you are told" trap??

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
With out making light of the situation,Indians seem to be the flavor of the month with the scum that attack people here in Australia.

How many of the crimes were committed by Indians on an Indian?How many perps were of middle eastern back ground? How many of Asian background?

Any attack on ANYONE is WRONG and they should be flogged.

I am no apologist for what happened here.But lets be realistic,there are some here that just can't come out and say "WHITEY" ,and instead cover it up with the term "Australian".

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yes

I did

It is from today's Sydney Morning Herald

It says

TWO men attempting to leave Australia have had their passports seized by detectives investigating the stabbing murder of an Indian-born seasonal work contractor in the Riverina town of Griffith.

They were stopped by police at the Sydney Airport departure lounge on Monday as they were about to board a flight to Nepal via Singapore. Both were questioned about their relationship to murdered 25-year-old Ranjodh Singh.

Detectives are examining claims that Mr Singh, who lived in Wagga Wagga and recruited Indian immigrants to work on farms in the Riverina, may have been murdered in a fight over unpaid money to workers, after attending a party in Griffith on December 27 last year.
etc

and the link is:

www.smh.com.au...

On Yahoo it is described as 'Indian on Indian Crime'

Which brings to mind the Chinese family of four who were hacked to death in Sydney last year

Racist crime ?

Police were very closed-mouthed re: the extensive investigations

The 'Chinese Community' was said to be ' Living in Fear ' in the tabloids

So INTENSE was the police SILENCE re: the matter in following months

that public demands for information

finally elicited from the police ....

that the crime was Chinese upon Chinese crime

Police stated it was believed the murdered family had failed to repay loans to Chinese loan-companies (unofficial loan companies)

Police FURTHER stated that the Chinese murder gang had hacked the family to death to 'send a message' 'set an example' to other Chinese re: failing to repay loans

Just another instance of migrants bringing their feuds and barbarism to Australia

at great cost to the host population

And of course, you'd be familiar with the Chinese organised crime 'Stand Over' gangs who ransacked Chinese businesses and brutalised Chinese retailers in a Chinese Protection Racket -- which long ago extended to subjecting Australian school-children to the same 'pay us or we hurt you' tactics on Sydney railway stations, etc.

Again, example of migrants bringing into Australia organised crime, at great cost to the host population

Now we see Indian on Indian crime being exaggerated in forums like this in an attempt (WHY ? ) to portray Australia as a 'racist' nation

I suspect the Paid-to-Posts don't know why either. They just post for money .. no ethics, no conscience .. just greed

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It seems to me that many here at ATS are in complete and total denial of the possibility of HATE/RACE crimes down under that are being carried out by a very small ignorant lot. I agree with many who have stated that these ignorant few ruin Australia's reputation.

Enough said.

Thanks for your perspective.

Your good at wording.
It may be some, but not most, and I would even say that they do not deny race or hate crimes occur, I really think we need to stop calling the original article as race or hate until we discover who the 4 men are.

are you talking about a particular article now, or are you just generalizing about crime in Australia in general?

Which ignorant few are ruining it for Australias reputation?
yours for the subtle inuendoes that this is a race / hate crime or those of us who like evidence before we point fingers.

after all, we do know what happens when a group get accused without a trial.

Will you be the first to appologize if this turns out to be an attack on an Indian by Indians or by Asians or even African Americans?
or are you going to hide behind this is a hate crime rather than race?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Will you be the first to appologize if this turns out to be an attack on an Indian by Indians or by Asians or even African Americans?

Absolutely.

Will you if it turns out to be a race issue?

By the way I never stated that it was in "fact" carried out by "White Australians" as a HATE/RACE crime. We started to split hairs over the "Possibility" Where you seemed to be in denial of even the possibility. All I was trying to convey is that it seemed that the attack was possibly racially motivated and if in fact it was then it seemed to be on the increase.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If you watch the 4 part video, they give quite alot of examples of indians getting attacked.

Ah opinion panels,the only thing those you tubes prove is that the media is biased anywhere in the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Absolutely.

Will you if it turns out to be a race issue?

I never said it wasn't a race issue.
I said we need more information before giving the crime a name, so far it was an assult by 4 men on an Indian.

But here is a tricky one for you, was he still an Indian citizen or a naturalized Aussie?
If he was naturalized it was just an attack on another Aussie, I know plenty of people born over seas who have become Aussies, Aussies isn't a country you are in, it is what you are.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

But here is a tricky one for you, was he still an Indian citizen or a naturalized Aussie?
If he was naturalized it was just an attack on another Aussie, I know plenty of people born over seas who have become Aussies, Aussies isn't a country you are in, it is what you are.

Yeah ok...

You're talking to an American, we here understand the concept all to well. Now how would that be if he was an Australian citizen of Indian descent assaulted becuase of his racial heritage?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why do dark skinned people immigrate to countries with a predominanty white population?

The white people's discrimination against dark people is no secret.
No human has any inherent liking for those who are not like themselves.
That is one of the basic laws of nature.
If we adjusted our activities according to these basic laws there would be more harmony in the world.

For the religious folks, the bible does say that God made the races and the bounds of their territories.

These Aussies are seeing their country being over-run by others and are taking action. It will get worse. The only thing holding back Americans and Europeans is the strong Politically Correct Propaganda.
However, this is only causing repression of their true feelings and when the pressure reaches bursting there will be blood in the streets and in the rivers.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

If he was naturalized it was just an attack on another Aussie,

that`s irrelevant man
come on

do you think the attackers pondered upon this before setting the poor guy ablaze

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Wow what a stupid post.
Seriously,its drivel like that that reinforces stereotypes.Crimes against people here in Australia know no racial boundaries,in fact its probably one area which multiculturalism has flourished.

DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Why do dark skinned people immigrate to countries with a predominanty white population?

The white people's discrimination against dark people is no secret.
No human has any inherent liking for those who are not like themselves.
That is one of the basic laws of nature.
If we adjusted our activities according to these basic laws there would be more harmony in the world.

I don't even know what to say ...
Do you really not see the resounding bigotry in these statements?
Perhaps I misunderstood. Help me out with your message...
Please explain a bit more.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Apparantly this heinous attack had nothing to do with race, .... word out of the backstreets of Melbourne indicate that this man was overheard saying " Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2 were ok, but part 3 smelled like old curry "

that was all these criminals needed to hear to perpetrate such a dispicable act.

damn you aussies !!! damn you all to hell !!! you and your Roo's !!!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

www.smh.com.au...

"The men, believed to be seasonal workers employed by Mr Singh, were taken to Mascot police station for questioning, but were later released after having their passports confiscated pending further investigations by Homicide Squad and Griffith detectives.

Detectives are examining claims that Mr Singh, who lived in Wagga Wagga and recruited Indian immigrants to work on farms in the Riverina, may have been murdered in a fight over unpaid money to workers, after attending a party in Griffith on December 27 last year."

Yes,did they think of their fellow human when they allegedly set his poor stabbed body alight,before trying to flee to Nepal?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter,for spelling]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I never said it wasn't a race issue.

The context the posters are using the word "aussie" is the stereotypical "white aussie"*. They won't actually say white australian but thats who they are slandering.

..and I notice when asked for proof that is was aussies who are responsible for these attacks (white or not) they just post pics, youtube vids and articles about indians who have get bashed.. they won't post evidence of aussies attacking indians. They won't post proof of who commited the crime.. just the crime itself (..and of course youtube clips and pics of indians protesting..). They STILL refuse to admit that it's been mostly non white groups that have been making the attacks.. why? Don't they care about the truth or do they want innocent people to get blamed for crimes they didn't commit? If it were africans or lebonese making the attaks it could still b a race attack. Attackers do not have to be white for it to be a hate crime.

fyi everyone.. HE was not set alight.. he was in his car and his car was set alight. He also disposed of the clothes (evidence) and couldn't even give a description of the four men who supposedly attacked him.

Yet many people are already assuming his attackers were (white*) aussies and are expecting people to accept this slander without question. I have an idea.. while you are having a chuckle over the KKK cartoons maybe you should read (or watch) To kill a mocking bird. You might realise just how racist you truly are by judging innocent people guilty BASED ON THE COLOUR OF THEIR SKIN.

I'm not asking people to ignore attacks on indians.. I am just asking people to ACCEPT FACTS and not whore these attacks for their own agendas. It has already been proven that *aussies are not the only race responsible for the attacks SO STOP PRETENDING THAT THEY ARE. It's almost like people want aussies to be guilty. All you are doing is giving other races a free pass to commit hate crimes by providing a scapegoat.

..or maybe try remember it is against the T&C to post knowingly false and missleading information. ATS should be being used to spout racist propoganda.. we are meant to be denying ignorance so please respect that sentiment and STICK TO THE FACTS.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

If he was naturalized it was just an attack on another Aussie,

that`s irrelevant man
come on

do you think the attackers pondered upon this before setting the poor guy ablaze

You are assuming it is race related, still no evidence has been provided to say it is.
Once again we go back to the description of the offenders

4 males.

Now in all honesty, how does 4 males equate to a race crime?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

fyi everyone.. HE was not set alight.. he was in his car and his car was set alight

Really, that's not what i'm reading.

The gang - said by police to comprise four men - poured fluid over him and then set him alight

news.bbc.co.uk...

and from an Australian News source -

As the man was getting out of the vehicle, four men allegedly attacked him, pushed him back against the vehicle and poured an unknown fluid on him.

One of the men is alleged to have then ignited the fluid with a lighter before all four men fled

www.perthnow.com.au...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by grantbeed]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Observation:
I see (at least) 2 different arguments/perspectives being presented in this thread: (1) the camp that is addressing this article solely and (2) the camp that is addressing the broader, more global issue of Race relations in Aus.
Problem:
Camp (1) responds to points brought up by Camp (2) and vice versus. It doesn't work. One cannot address a broader/more global issue by using one experience as the sole example or point to be argued. You all are arguing/presenting (2) different fights/perspectives and mixing them up in the process.

Interesting to watch the dynamics, but not so conducive to furthering conversation and understanding, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join