It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
As an American, I was shocked at the open level of bigitry in Australia. I lived there for ten years in the 1980's. I could not believe the Australians put up with this.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
Good god, it never ceases to disgust me as to how inhuman we are.

It never ceases to disgust me as to how inhuman some of us are....

I prefer not to be lumped into the same pot of humanity as these people if you don't mind...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Teabags]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gehirn
Hello,

I've been reading through ATS for a little while now but this post made me want to state my observations as an Australian.

I grew up in Liverpool which is a fairly rough place with plenty of hateful people of ALL cultures just looking for a reason to pick a fight.

I can tell you now

it is almost ALWAYS racially motivated.

As a country we love to tell the world that we are friendly and carefree but I can tell you there is a deep natural culture of racism in our society. If your back is turned you can bet that people of all ages are making quick judgments and comments about you based on your culture and social class.

The current notion that being a bad person is the new "in" thing holds true in Australia. We are very apathetic.

Um - it is in Liverpool - I have lived there as well it and is it a racist cesspit - it really it.

There is no doubt that Australia is blighted by racism but do not tarnish it with Northern English perspective which is the most violent and racist I have encountered.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbiture
As an American, I was shocked at the open level of bigitry in Australia. I lived there for ten years in the 1980's. I could not believe the Australians put up with this.

America is THE MOST racist country on earth - it shocks me to think that you were shocked at Australia - no denying there is a level of racism in Australia - no more and no less than one would find anywhere - however lets please remember that America is by far and away the most racist country on the planet.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Here we go again.

It is not Australians doing these attacks!!

It is Ethnic groups!!

Even those Indians who have been attacked here say the same thing.

This is a Media Beat-up for an agenda.

Like every other country on the planet we are finding ethnic groups continuing their old vendettas from their homeland.

Like every other country we have a rise in ethnic gang related violence. These gangs think it is fine to assault our women, because to them they are worthless.

This was the cause of the so called "Cronulla riots". Too many Australian women were being sexually harrased by ethnic gangs until some Australians appeared on the scene to stop it. The rest was escalated by a few with agendas using cell phones to create the situation we saw then.

We are not a Racist country no matter what Media has to say about it. My experience shows me that these ethnic groups are far more racist toward us and others they deem worthless than the few low-intelligence types who are Racist Australians.

Tell me it is different in your country?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by munkey66
no evidence that the victim was targeted because of race, he was targeted because he was there at the time.

No offense but that sounds like denial to me.
Why is it so hard to believe these types of crimes are possible?

so you are saying that this was race related because?????????

so this is the description of the offenders

The attackers have been described in only a 'generalised description which is really just unspecific, just four males,' Det Act Snr Sgt Smyth said.

well case closed and throw away the book, it is obviously race related from that description

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I disagree that every racial attack in Oz are by ethnic groups.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Indian student Sukhraj Singh, 28, was in a coma for 15 days and will suffer the effects of a severe acquired brain injury for the rest of his life after being beaten during the assault.

The youths had been drinking beer in a park for about four hours before they went to the store in City Place just after 6.30 pm where two of the teenagers began a racist argument with two customers.

the pair returned with their friends, most armed with wooden bars and one with a fluorescent light tube, and began smashing up the store and indiscriminately striking customers and staff as they yelled "Are you Indian?" and "Bloody Indians, f--- off".

Judge Jenkins said the assault was among a number of racist attacks that had rightly provoked international and local community outrage and should be condemned

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Why is it that some of us do not want to accept that we all live in a very racist world. everywhere you go, some people are racist.

racist attacks are occurring everywhere and in greater numbers.

I think australia has a big problem on it's hands that will get worse before it gets better.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Here we go again.

It is Ethnic groups!!

Here we go again...
Denial and a slight racial tone.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I remember a few years back there was a lot of racial fighting going on in australia. I think it was Sydney.

Looks like it's flaring up again in Melbourne now.

IMHO some countries will never be very good at hosting coloured immigrants without major problems. Some people are just so narrow minded and need to travel a bit to realise that there is a huge mix of people in most places you go.

I'm guessing it's mostly young folks causing the problems.

I was down there during the Aussy summer of 05-06, working in Emerald, near Rockhampton. I remember watching the news about Sydney (since we had been there only a few weeks before). It was pretty big news, but it had all escalated between police and the people for a while. Plus some Australian guy was getting executed in Thailand for drug trafficking. This seems radically different. Could be wrong though.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The joys of multiculturalism.

This is what happens when your government sells you out to corporate interests and opens the floodgates to every person on the planet. This is only the beginning I feel - there's lots more problems in store for this country over the coming years.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Here we go again.

It is Ethnic groups!!

Here we go again...
Denial and a slight racial tone.

and once again for the slow of reading I will post the description of the offenders

The attackers have been described in only a 'generalised description which is really just unspecific, just four males,' Det Act Snr Sgt Smyth said.

now that may be all the evidence the US needs in order to invade countries, but in Australia we like a little more information before we jump to conclusions.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snappahead
The joys of multiculturalism.

This is what happens when your government sells you out to corporate interests and opens the floodgates to every person on the planet. This is only the beginning I feel - there's lots more problems in store for this country over the coming years.

True.

I live in the UK and i can say this is whats happened here. There's people in this world that can live in a multicultured country, but the fact is that the majority of people on earth can't. We are just not ready for it as humans yet.

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
now that may be all the evidence the US needs in order to invade countries, but in Australia we like a little more information before we jump to conclusions.

As usual totally irrelevant to the topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've been trying to put it on the proper page and I can't so here it go

www.livevideo.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkaust
Ugh this is disgusting! For what it's worth not all of us hate the Indian people that live here, but unfortunatley there is always some group ready to ruin our reputation because of their small minded views.

This just does not seem like the Australia I know. I've been there three times in the past 15 years. I hope this does not continue to increase in frequency and level of violence.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

This really isnt a wide spread feeling down under.
It is a minority of thugs unfortunatly who make BIG news. They disgust me, and should be stripped of their citizenship and sent to a lonely rock south of Tasmania.

I really like Indians, and the country is one of my favourites.

Small minded wankers need someone to hate, they are just slaves to what they were taught, and never think for a minute to step out of the brainwashing they received, instead choosing to believe they infact are better or have more of a right to a piece of dirt than someone else does.

In the 50s and 60s it was my parents, the "Wogs" who copped it, though quite frankly they were key to building this country to what it is today.

70s and 80s it was the Asians that copped it. They worked like dogs to achieve what they did for OZ and their families.

90s and noughties it was the Lebanese, including Maronite Christians and muslims...

And now some Melbourne idiots are going at the Indians.
People say "they are taking our jobs!" Well get off their lazy arses and work and be responsible for continuing to build this great country, and not turn it into a hate filled battle ground, that they seem to think they own as a minority, when in fact, they do not. This also could be migrants themselves, we just dont know?

If they think that Australia wants to be populated with violent hateful criminals like themselves they can think again, they think that is what a Australian is? YUK I dont think so..... Id rather a hard working and moral migrant any day as my neighbour than them.

Fearful little wankers they all are.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
KFC pulls Australian TV advertisement after complaints in US that it is racist

Could this Ad have been played in the U.S.?
I strongly doubt it!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I live in OZ, and work closely with an Indian......

He is well respected among his peers and an asset to the Company...

He certainly doesnt experience racism within his workplace....we all think hes a great bloke...!!

Of course it happens...EVERYWHERE. Not just OZ....

The indian media had a cartoon portraying the Victorian police as KKK on Friday...

Yesterday an Aussie was charged with attempted murder in India, having shot an indian from his balcony,with an air rifle, for urinating in the street below.

Australia reaps billions from Indians coming to OZ for tertiary education.Indians are second only to Chinese students when it comes to numbers.

It doesnt look good right now....relations are tense between the two countries....but, like all countries,its the small racist minority that cocks it up for everybody.

And no, the KFC ad is NOT racist...how so???

[edit on 9-1-2010 by benoni]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by benoni
And no, the KFC ad is NOT racist...how so???

does it ad single out a particular race?
yes or no

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join