It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by riley

you cannot label two entire populations racist without being racist yourself

No, you misread me. I never labelled any "ENTIRE POPULATION". Try reading my posts again.

Your explanation for what you said was:

It means australia and new zealand are geographically distant from europe and the USA. Many people have never been outside their homeland and can not afford to travel.

this leads to many people here having quite a narrow minded opinion on lots of things, and immigration and race are part and parcel of this.

So you just meant poor aussies who cannot afford to travel? Thats
still a biggoted assumption even if you do backtrack and claim you didn't mean all australians. So maybe you just meant most who are too poor to travel..

[edit on 9-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I honestly don't know what to say...

I've linked to another thread regarding recent violence between Aussies and Indians. These types of crimes [Hate/Race] seem to be on the rise down under. Sad really.

Could any of our Aussie members please chime in and give their perspective?

Thanks

PEACE

Slay

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

The initial attacks were not racially motivated. Now the Indian government has painted Australians in such a negative light that they've themselves created a "us against them" mentality that gives disenfranchised youth a "cause" to belong to.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
I will also add that by posting above links showing racism does not mean India does not have racism. It does has lot of racism problem as well. But it does not contradict that racism is alive and breeding in Australia too.

It does not prove those attacks were all racially motivated and it certainly does not prove they were commited by aussies/white australians. That is being implied in those pics/clips you posted.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I will also add that by posting above links showing racism does not mean India does not have racism. It does has lot of racism problem as well. But it does not contradict that racism is alive and breeding in Australia too.

Racism breeds with the human population, and painting Australia as the new racist devil is fine if you want to believe media hype and propaganda.

But in my experience those in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

I said, "many", not "all". (read my posts ...again)

and i am talking about New Zealanders and Ozzies.

and yes, I stand by this opinion. Out of all the Ozzies I know and all the New Zealanders I know, and ALL THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE I KNOW, all the ones who are least Racist are the ones who have travelled and actually broadened their horizons. This is no coincedence IMHO.

I call a spade a spade my friend, and in my many travels and relocations this is exactly what I have witnessed, first hand.

Now, i'm not about to change my view when I know it is the way it is.

[sarcasm alert]

Now maybe you should come out from behind Ayers Rock with your boomerang and club and save up for a flight out the country to go and learn how it is in the real world.......or just watch Crocodile Dundee...old Mick Dundee learned well.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Lets call a spade a spade... Most of these attacks are done by middle eastern gangs, not Australians.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You THINK you know the way it is ,obviously you dont .

[sarcasm alert]

Now maybe you should come out from behind Ayers Rock with your boomerang and club and save up for a flight out the country to go and learn how it is in the real world.......

And your whole argument just turned to crap , nice one .

Im so sick of people that think they know everything ,get a friggin clue .

[edit on 9/1/2010 by Omega85]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

reply to post by riley

I said, "many", not "all". (read my posts ...again)

and i am talking about New Zealanders and Ozzies.

and yes, I stand by this opinion. Out of all the Ozzies I know and all the New Zealanders I know, and ALL THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE I KNOW, all the ones who are least Racist are the ones who have travelled and actually broadened their horizons. This is no coincedence IMHO.

You have judged MANY then. Not only are you being racist but classist implying that only the well travelled are immune from being racist.

I call a spade a spade my friend, and in my many travels and relocations this is exactly what I have witnessed, first hand.

People with attitudes such as yours rarely change their views. I have seen things by various races first hand as well but I don't assume they are mostly like that nor would I assume my opinion is more relevent than anyone else's. Your encounters with a handfull of people do not reflect the greater populations and for you to think it does is egotystical. I don't care if you said all or many.. you base your views on a biggoted assumption that NZers and aussies are uncivilised and are racist which is (as I said before) racist in itself. You have implied that aussies and NZ are morally beneath you yet cry foul when called out on your biggotry.

speaking of:

[sarcasm alert]

Now maybe you should come out from behind Ayers Rock with your boomerang and club and save up for a flight out the country to go and learn how it is in the real world.......or just watch Crocodile Dundee...old Mick Dundee learned well.

thanks for proving my point. :shk:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Because the color of someone's skin can cause him to be attacked and set on fire he might run around in flames and set government buildings and little children on fire!

Because of this, perhaps there should be a £700 fine for any individual that has a dark colored face and double fines for his parents that -forced- the color upon that individual.

Also, it's not called integration or assimilation if most of the Australian population are white and these people think they have the right to have a different color in Australia.

Fines should also be extended to people with black hair too.

[/Sarcasm]

Good bye Nazi Germany Hello Nazi France... I mean... West... I mean...Australia!

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

wth? NOWHERE has it been proven that these are white on indian racial attacks.. posting a pic of a mass grave is not only disrespecting the hollocaust but makes you look foolish for trying to compare the two. Show some respect.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"I believe in equality for everyone, except reporters and photographers."

Mahatma Gandhi

One needs to be slow to form convictions, but once formed they must be defended against the heaviest odds.

Mahatma Gandhi

I think the Mahatma said it all.Don't believe all that you see and hear.

Deny ignorance.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by Jinni

wth? NOWHERE has it been proven that these are white on indian racial attacks.. posting a pic of a mass grave is not only disrespecting the hollocaust but makes you look foolish for trying to compare the two. Show some respect.

Actually in many incidents it has been proven beyond doubt.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

reply to post by zenius

yes, australia has been multicultural for decades........so what has changed??

IMHO it is parenting skills.....PERIOD.

we have a generation of DickHeads out there. all over the place, not just Australia

I'm not sure what you mean. I think the problem is that nothing has changed. Racist violence has been occuring for a long time... is what we're seeing now, as bad as it is, really something new?

I am very curious about this issue. Why are Indians being targeted? I live just south of Frankston, where one of the latest attacks occurred, and have never heard anyone say anything bad about an Indian. Hell, I love Indians, these attacks make me rage. Still, I wonder if many of these attack were racist... because let's face it, Frankston, for example, is rough, especially the trains (usually see weird things at least once a week). And people also insult people from their distinguishing features... e.g. if I wanted to insult a fat person, I'd call him/her a fat person a "# fat #", I might call a skinny person a "# scrawny little #", or even an American an "# American #", or an Indian I might call him an "# Indian #" Doesn't mean I hate any of those groups... it's just a cheap and easy way of insulting people.

Wonder which groups are actually causing the violence.... I hope they get caught.

Out of all the Ozzies I know and all the New Zealanders I know, and ALL THE PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE I KNOW, all the ones who are least Racist are the ones who have travelled and actually broadened their horizons.

I agree. I went on a trip to some of the more remote regions of Australia and learned out Aboriginal Culture (etc...) and it gave me much more respect for them.

Thanks...

[edit on 9/1/2010 by C0bzz]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I'm sorry,but Ive seen those news clips basically live on TV,and also have seen the papers the quotations were taken from.No where does it accuse "white" people of these crimes, part from this one quotation that seems to prove that violence has its own united nations.

* On 15 June, a 20 year old man was attacked by two men as he was entering his car in Boronia. He claims the men slammed the car door on his hand, punched him in the head and stomach, then racially abused him, calling him a "----ing Indian c---". He also identified one man as white and one appearing to be of African descent.[23]

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.

Mahatma Gandhi

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Cygnus_Hunter for bad spullig]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
reply to post by Jinni

Certainly not in any of the anti-aussie propoganda you posted. Sorry but youtube rantings and pics of indians with racist placards marching about attacks that were commited by non whites does not prove that whites were responsible. All it proves is that you and others use any opportunity to slander aussies regardlss of the truth.

You can post them yet again but that will not change the FACT that white aussies were not responsible for those alledged racist attacks. Why aren't you carrying on about africans or lebonese attacking indians? They were involved in racial attacks yet apparently you only see whites doing wrong..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I honestly don't know what to say...

I've linked to another thread regarding recent violence between Aussies and Indians. These types of crimes [Hate/Race] seem to be on the rise down under. Sad really.

Could any of our Aussie members please chime in and give their perspective?

Thanks

PEACE

Slay

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

Hi Slayer...

It's probably already been mentioned in the thread but most of the violence against Indians in Oz have been from other people of color. What amazes me is that many people instantly imagine a white person being the perpetrator because it happened in a predominately white culture. That in itself is kind of racist by manner of the racial presumption.

What amazes me is that the Indians know this yet they appear happy for other countries to gain the wrong impression. I really don't understand the motivators for any of this crap.

Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

IRM

[edit on 9/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Thats just really messed up, unfortunately though Australia is a ridiculously racist country... The lad crews in Australia like to target indians in particular as they seem them as weak, and usually not gang-affiliated. It's alot easier for them to mob an indian student who will only go to police and not have another crew start beef.

Dirty friggin cowards.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hahaha thats not true at all, yes sometimes it is the Islander and Lebanese gangs but more often then not it is the white lads and taggers who target the Indians. The race gangs have too much beef with other race gangs, the lads are just little punk wanabe bra-boyz who pick all these fights(but only when theres at least 10 more of them lol)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Coming from someone who use to be regrettably be "friends" with people in Melbourne who would do this sort of thing (attacking Indians, mugging and whatnot) it was because they were seen as 'easy targets'. I don't understand why this man was set alight though.

I hate Melbourne enough as it is, now I hate it even more.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Occy Anonymous
The lad crews in Australia like to target indians in particular as they seem them as weak,

Hey man, beat me to it. Wonder if I know you? (if you're in Melbourne..)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join