It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I'm wondering.. what does posting other news stories have to do with THIS story about a guy who botched an insurence job and cried racism? You keep posting them without any elaboration on how it's connected. Imo you only interest is to use this thread as a platform to spread anti-aussie propoganda.

NO-ONE has denied racism exist.. we have just said that whites are not solely responsible. The indian media have been lieing and trying to demonise whites yet the attacks have not all been committed by whites so stop implying that they have been.

[edit on 15-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The Indians are no doubtedly the most peaceful people around, greedy, none the less peaceful.

That being said put things in to perspective, remember the racist riots in sydney? Well some Lebanese gangs went out in to the streets and got revenge, although it wasn't right due to the fact that they were merely attacking innocent white people, it actually effected the racist population of Australia.

Let's not forget that bounty was to be given to whom ever who wished to assassinate the individual who started the riots and I think bounty was set for his family too. That scared the crap out of them.

Now they see Indians as easy targets, and they are. Indians need to take a stand, being like Ghandi won't help. Let's not forget that Ghandi was the one who let the (killers, rapists, murderers, torturers, slave traders who were) the colonizers, go without any harm. If I was to do any of these and if there was a man who said I should just leave without any harm, I would love him.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

you claim Australians are racist because of 1 story where an Indian claims he was assaulted by 4 men.

unable to go down that road any more, we start looking for evidence to prove you are right, 1 drunken racist has a go at 1 taxi driver and we are all labled racists again.
What we did do however was swiftly deal with the racist which is what people would want done and gave him time to think about what he did.

look hard and you will find any story which fits your agenda,

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by SLAYER69

That being said put things in to perspective, remember the racist riots in sydney? Well some Lebanese gangs went out in to the streets and got revenge, although it wasn't right due to the fact that they were merely attacking innocent white people, it actually effected the racist population of Australia.

Say what? You didn't revise your history far enough. It was the Lebanese guys that provoked the trouble in the first place. So, in essence, they were getting re-revenge because locals (of all colors and creeds) exacted revenge on them for raping and harassing women, for anti Australian sentiments and attacks on the Australian way of life, and for spreading fear amongst the locals on the beaches and beating up a lifeguard... etc.. etc.. etc.

This isn't a chicken or egg story. The root of the riots is quite clear.

That said, I didn't support either side of the riots. It achieved nothing for either party and caused a lot of innocent people no end of stress and fear. The only way problems of this nature are solved is by sitting down and talking through the issues.

IRM

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Re the latest taxi-driver incident:

Brogden, who had drunk 24 cans of beer and taken Valium, became abusive after asking the driver to take a faster route.
He told the driver he would kill him when he dropped him off, then racially vilified him.
Police prosecutor Leading Senior Constable Clint Prebble said the driver pressed the emergency button in his cab and pulled into a petrol station for help.
''The defendant followed him inside and verbally abused him,'' Leading Senior Constable Prebble said.
Brogden then assaulted an unidentified man at the petrol bowser before returning to the taxi, where he smashed the windscreen with his arm, ripped out a navigation device and damaged a radio.
The taxi driver was uninjured in the attack.
Police arrested Brogden at the scene and, when asked to explain, his behaviour, he said: ''I am a dickhead, I f---ed up.''

This is quite different from the Indian account, which implied the driver was physically attacked. More and more Indian papers are sacrificing truth to sensationalise any story about Australia.

Some questions:

Are you assaulting someone if you call them a ******* wog?

Does that constitute a racial attack?

Why is the story all about the Indian, with no concern for the man Brogden physically attacked?

Are you capable of even knowing what race a stranger is after downing 24 cans of beer and taking Valium?

I'm all in favour of idiots like Brogden spending 3 months in the Pen to dry out, his behaviour was disgusting, and must have been pretty frightening for the driver. However a nasty drunk like that is going to be a pig to whoever he comes across, whatever their race.

This was only classed as a racial attack because of Australia's strict hate-speech laws, which make it illegal to call a person anything with an ethnic association.

BTW, having been in a lot of taxis driven by Indians, I can vouch for the fact that whole families of them share one taxi licence and one driving licence. They tend to be atrocious drivers who can't be bothered learning the names of even the major highways.

The exception here is the Sikhs, who have great integrity, and treat with respect the laws and people of whatever country they reside in.

In short, the Indian press are indulging in an anti-Australian beat up.
They want our uranium, and we don't trust them with it, so we are being called racist.

The Indian government is using these beat-ups to tell us Aussies:

Uranium or Ur reputation!

[edit on 15/1/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Australian bar refuses entry to three Indians

Saturday January 16, 2010, Melbourne.

After the race attacks against Indians, now comes the news of color discrimination by a bar in Australia.

Three Indian students were denied entry by the Melbourne Center Lion Hotel bar. They were among six south Asians who were turned away.

When they asked why they were not being allowed in, they were allegedly told to go to some other bar.

The students allege that the police refused to register a case.

Shades of what happened in South Africa during the apartheid regime!

Well, I wouldn't jump the gun by calling this latest incident 'racist' since the reasons are not known. So let's wait and see what turns up!

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Australian bar refuses entry to three Indians

Saturday January 16, 2010, Melbourne.

After the race attacks against Indians, now comes the news of color discrimination by a bar in Australia.

Three Indian students were denied entry by the Melbourne Center Lion Hotel bar. They were among six south Asians who were turned away.

When they asked why they were not being allowed in, they were allegedly told to go to some other bar.

The students allege that the police refused to register a case.

Shades of what happened in South Africa during the apartheid regime!

Well, I wouldn't jump the gun by calling this latest incident 'racist' since the reasons are not known. So let's wait and see what turns up!

www.ndtv.com...

You say you wouldn't jump the gun and call it racist yet have the audacity to compare it to South African apartheid?!
I haven't seen any "no blacks allowed" signs lately.

Funny how there are NO other details about that like the victims names, hotel or police comment and no other news references. The name of the reporter isn't even mentioned.

Now prove that these alledged SIX men weren't already drunk and didn't just get refused entry because the place was full, already had too many males (they often keep a male/female ratio and let people in accordingly) or maybe they were acting badly. Melbourne now also has laws against serving people who are already too drunk.. bars can lose their licenses now or get hefty fines.

SIX men.. turning them ALL away doesn't suddenly mean it was just because they had 2 indians with them. What you have posted is PROPOGANDA as it fails to go into detail or provide proof.. it just mentions the name of a bar. It also has nothing to do with THIS news story. If news stories consisted of people who got refused entry to bars newspapers would be the size of phone books. I find it pathetic that these guys would waste police time with such a trivial thing.

btw. You ignored a post:

Originally posted by AshleyD
THREAD NOTICE

Alright, let's reign this thread in. Please refrain from insulting other members. Remember to debate the post and not the poster. If you make a claim, back it up with facts and sources to support your argument. Do not attack other posters.

This thread will be returned to the original topic of discussion: 'Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne.' All posts directed at another member after this notice will be removed as off topic.

Thank you.

Emphasis mine.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by riley

SIX men.. turning them ALL away doesn't suddenly mean it was just because they had 2 indians with them.

In fact, having worked in bars in my 20's, I can tell you that turning 6 men away at the door is policy for many night spots. This is largely due to the fact that large groups of men are more likely to get up to mischief.

As you mentioned, they may also have been inebriated... the club might have been full, they didn't meet standard dress code, or the male/female ratios needed balancing. This is nothing more than a group of wankers trying to cash in on all the current fuss... and causing more harm than good! I would imagine many groups of guys were turned back that night but you wont hear about them. These guys are just playing the race card.

What you have posted is PROPOGANDA as it fails to go into detail or provide proof.. it just mentions the name of a bar.

Well... lack of hard evidence toward anything hasn't stopped him before has it. That's because OHX is only interested in trolling the thread... and why I stopped directly addressing his antics pages ago.

I can only imagine what to expect next:

Indian man purchases Kinder Surprise with broken toy inside from Melbourne Milk Bar. Claims it was racially motivated!!!!

Linky: www.kindersurprise.com...

[Parody Only]

IRM

[edit on 15/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Hi
everyone is stating as fact that the man light himself up on his own
can you guys provide me a link with the aussie police officialy declaring this?

thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Hi

You're generalizing again...surprise surprise! "Everyone"?

I certainly never! I merely shared with everyone that it's of the many avenues police are investigating at this time. By all means, go back and check to be certain of your error.

Perhaps you need to be intellectually honesty and restate your question? Or do you like to tar everyone with the same brush. If so, mission accomplished! Again!

IRM

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Hi
can you guys provide me a link with the aussie police officialy declaring this?

thanks

Can you show us anywhere that says what the description of his attackers is? Can you show me where it says they were "aussie"?

Last I checked they had to wait to re-interview him till he was out of the hospital.

www.theage.com.au...
The wife of an Indian man allegedly set alight in a late-night attack in Essendon has rejected media reports that his injuries may have been self-inflicted.

Jaspreet Singh suffered burns to 15 per cent of his body during the alleged attack in Essendon on Friday night.

His wife, Paramjeet Kaur, today said the 29-year-old was improving but was still unable to speak.

She ridiculed suggestions that he would set himself alight.

"Why would he burn himself, why would he do that?" she said.

"I do not know why they are saying that."

Police are waiting to reinterview Mr Singh, who remains in a stable condition in The Alfred hospital, over the alleged attack.

I'm a bit confused by this. So he is unable to speak now? He was certainly able to tell police and media that he went and parked his car in another street after dropping his wife at home, said he was then attacked by 4 men and set on fire.. so whats changed about his injuries now that prevents him from being able to speak to police again?

The fact that police have said they want to re-interview him suggests his story may be bull (and parking in another street, not being able to describe his attackers, losing evidence, having no witnesses etc is a big hint as well). Imo it's only a matter of time before he gets charged with fraud.

Thanks for at least keeping to the topic at hand ModernAcademia

[edit on 16-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why can't Indians just leave that damn country? So they can enjoy their life without racism

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Hi

You're generalizing again...surprise surprise! "Everyone"?

I certainly never! I merely shared with everyone that it's of the many avenues police are investigating at this time. By all means, go back and check to be certain of your error.

Perhaps you need to be intellectually honesty and restate your question? Or do you like to tar everyone with the same brush. If so, mission accomplished! Again!

Yeah I proably did say it but I'm not everyone and I honestly believe that is
IRM

Yeah I probably did say it but I don't claim to speak for everyone and I honestly believe that he did set himself on fire.

I will wait till he is charged with fraud before I say it again.

That might take awhile though as apparently he's gone mute now so can't talk to police.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

NO-ONE has denied racism exist.. we have just said that whites are not solely responsible.

Now who the heck ever said that this a whites-only phenomenon? I thought 'Aussies' meant all races and creeds having Australian citizenship!

The indian media have been lieing and trying to demonise whites yet the attacks have not all been committed by whites so stop implying that they have been.

Wrong! Nowhere has the Indian media ever ever 'demonised' whites. Stop obfuscating the issue and spreading falsehood!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

NO-ONE has denied racism exist.. we have just said that whites are not solely responsible.

Now who the heck ever said that this a whites-only phenomenon? I thought 'Aussies' meant all races and creeds having Australian citizenship!

Nice try. Through-out this thread you have been using the word aussie to suit your own agenda. If attacks are committed by new non white australian citizens you can just call them "aussie" so people will assume you mean "white australian". That has been what the indian media have been doing.

Fyi. To australians aussie means naturalised australian.

The indian media have been lieing and trying to demonise whites yet the attacks have not all been committed by whites so stop implying that they have been.

Wrong! Nowhere has the Indian media ever ever 'demonised' whites. Stop obfuscating the issue and spreading falsehood!

Falsehood..?

Your last post compared Australia to South African apartheid (as in white oppression) :shk: and the Indian media has been just as slanderous. I mean they are getting pretty bloody desperate publishing stories about a group of men being refused entry into a pub.

..and you are just as desperate posting them. Go treat yourself to a kinder surprise you may get lucky and find a broken toy.

Care to actually post ontopic OH?

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

G'day & thanks for doing such a good job in this thread, riley.

I recall the incident where that poor Indian guy was stabbed during the early morning hours near Harris Park railway station in Sydney, just a little while back.

That was branded as a "racist attack". However, it wasn't. That poor guy simply didn't understand what a risky, isolated place that was at that time of night. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree.....

It's not a "racists against indians" issue.

It's simply violent scumbags doing their thing.

Kind regards,
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

NO-ONE has denied racism exist.. we have just said that whites are not solely responsible. The indian media have been lieing and trying to demonise whites yet the attacks have not all been committed by whites so stop implying that they have been.

If they believe that white people are such Demons why would they want to go to live there?
They get there and then they complain that they are discriminated against.
It seems that they would be so much happier if they had just stayed home.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

If they believe that white people are such Demons why would they want to go to live there?

G'day OhZone

Upon reading your post, I think it helps to show the main problem with this discussion.....& no.....I'm not saying you are a problem

It's becoming "all Australians" vs "all indians".

That's a great shame because it's simply not like that - not even close.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 16-1-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

Don't judge the many by the few.

There have been quite a few Indians explaining themselves that particular attacks, publicised so much by Indian media, have not actually been racist.

Many Indians are now also Australians at heart, and are happy to be here. And Australians like me love having people from everywhere as friends. This culture would lose an important part of it's richness if Indians were to suddenly leave.

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I remember a few years back there was a lot of racial fighting going on in australia. I think it was Sydney.
Looks like it's flaring up again in Melbourne now.
IMHO some countries will never be very good at hosting coloured immigrants without major problems. Some people are just so narrow minded and need to travel a bit to realise that there is a huge mix of people in most places you go.
I'm guessing it's mostly young folks causing the problems.

I preface this with a few facts: I am an Anglo-Australian. I live in Melbourne where some attacks are occurring. I am 17.

I feel I need to respond to some of misconceptions surrounding these issues, using the above response as an example to work from.

You may wish to ignore my rather long description of the issues surrounding the Cronulla incident. The bold parts are what's important.

This is quite a different issue to what was occurring in Sydney, more specifically in the suburb of Cronulla, a few years back. That was the result of growing animosity between the mostly Anglo-Australian "white" community of that and surrounding areas and the mostly Lebanese, but also including groups of other origins from around the Middle-Eastern area, portions of the community. Various things added to the tensions leading up to the incident. (eg)There were reports that women sunbathing on the beaches that dominate the suburb were being taunted by Muslim men and such for dressing improperly, with the other side in the conflict no doubt receiving similar treatment.

The conflict itself was sparked by reports that an "Aussie" surf life saving guard had been beaten-up by a group of Lebanese youths for asking them to move their game of soccer a short distance over because they were disturbing other beach-goers. This caused an outrage amongst the white community of the area, which was spread via text, and eventually resulted in kind of drunken demonstration that unfortunately degenerated into racial violence against random persons of middle-eastern appearance, which was in turn responded to as the night fell as groups of youths representing the other side ran through the suburb damaging property and attacking people in retaliation. These retaliatory attacks continued for several nights.

I believe nobody was killed.

Anyway, it is quite blatantly untrue that these attacks are exclusively or even predominately committed by "white" Australians. Quite the contrary. These attacks are not committed by a bunch of rednecks, running about shouting "thayre teken our jerbs!" as I suspect our American members may be imagining. Australian society is quite different to your own.

Many of these attacks, as the following articles will verify, are in fact being committed by the very same kind of Lebanese and Mediterranean/Middle-eastern youths (I'm not speaking of ALL of them, obviously, not by a long shot, nor am I claiming that it is exclusively them behind these attacks) involved in the incidents surrounding Cronulla.

www.dnaindia.com...

greathindu.com...

www.theaustralian.com.au...

www.sbs.com.au...

(Sorry if this is a bit excessive)

I personally believe most (not all) of these attacks to be not made on Indians simply because they were Indian (and "our jerbs" were under threat, or because the attackers had some special hatred reserved for Indians), but because Indian students, many of whom inhabit rented accommodation in some of the more dangerous outer-suburbs such as Weribee, are seen as easy targets, living as they do in a foreign country with a limited knowledge of the language and bearing expensive phones etc.

new topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join