It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
Something YOU said:

This one is a question not a statement, I was talking to a friend in australia and he was telling me that many Australians hate Aborigines, is this true?

YOU said it.. but you left yourself an out by blaming "a friend".

By the way aborigines are Australians so it's a pretty obvious that an Australian did NOT say that and you just made it all up.

Firstly to start you started to claim racism way before in the thread before these statements of mine.

Now for the above, if you did not realize yet this statement I made was in question format.

NOT ONLY THAT, I even SAID this is a question not a statement.
I was asking you guys what YOU thought of that.

..and something else YOU said:

why are the assaults occuring?
From what i've read it's because people are opposed to Indians having easy student visas to Australia and also some are jealous of indians getting better grades than aussies.

So care to prove that VERY RACIST claim that indians get better grades than aussies? that aussies are so petty that they attack indians in fits of academic jealousy?

Your racism is only very thinnly veiled.. blaming "a friend" or something you just "read somewhere" just makes your racism cowardly.

Do you suffer from dyslexia?

If I say some people may be like this = NOT RACISM

No offense but you are not too bright
What you quoted firstly was a question not a stamement and wasn't even a question that I persued either.

None of what you said equates to hatred or intolerance towards another race.

Either you have reading problems, aren't too bright or do not understand what racism means.
My guess.... all of the above!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Something YOU said:

This one is a question not a statement, I was talking to a friend in australia and he was telling me that many Australians hate Aborigines, is this true?

YOU said it.. but you left yourself an out by blaming "a friend".

By the way aborigines are Australians so it's a pretty obvious that an Australian did NOT say that and you just made it all up.

Firstly to start you started to claim racism way before in the thread before these statements of mine.

They were only two examples of many.

Now for the above, if you did not realize yet this statement I made was in question format.

Phrasing an insult as a question doesn't magically disguise the insult.

NOT ONLY THAT, I even SAID this is a question not a statement.
I was asking you guys what YOU thought of that.

You asked australians if we hate aboriginals and expect that not to piss us off?! Thats like "innocently" asking someone if they are a thief, murderer or whore. It was an accusation not a question.

..and something else YOU said:

why are the assaults occuring?
From what i've read it's because people are opposed to Indians having easy student visas to Australia and also some are jealous of indians getting better grades than aussies.

So care to prove that VERY RACIST claim that indians get better grades than aussies? that aussies are so petty that they attack indians in fits of academic jealousy?

Your racism is only very thinnly veiled.. blaming "a friend" or something you just "read somewhere" just makes your racism cowardly.

Do you suffer from dyslexia?

What a surprise. It seems you also have a thing against people with language disabilties. :shk: Do you even understand what dislexia is? It is when the brain processors letters/words in the wrong order. I'm not sure why you thought that would be a clever insult.. it was rather ignorant really.

If I say some people may be like this = NOT RACISM

Putting disclaimers in all your posts does not magically absolve you of guilt.

No offense but you are not too bright

That is a perfect example of the way you work. You say "no offense" yet proceed to say something offensive..

What you quoted firstly was a question not a stamement and wasn't even a question that I persued either.

None of what you said equates to hatred or intolerance towards another race.

Either you have reading problems, aren't too bright or do not understand what racism means.
My guess.... all of the above!

More insults.

So are you going to prove your claim that indian kids are smarter than aussie kids and so they attack them in fits of academic jealousy..?

No I didn't think so.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
THREAD NOTICE

Alright, let's reign this thread in. Please refrain from insulting other members. Remember to debate the post and not the poster. If you make a claim, back it up with facts and sources to support your argument. Do not attack other posters.

This thread will be returned to the original topic of discussion: 'Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne.' All posts directed at another member after this notice will be removed as off topic.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Kailassa
The bulk of attacks on any nationality here tend to be by members of the same nationality...

Oh yeah! Indians assaulting Indians!!! I didn't know they had this sadistic streak! I mean, Indians screwing Indians in a foreign land must give them vicarious pleasure!
Your lame duck arguments are totally unconvincing.

Oh, I see.
All Indians in India are perfectly safe from attacks from other Indians, are they?

English seems to be a second/third language where you are concerned as your power of comprehension is zilch! Why am I saying this?
Because in your keenness to just ramble you have completely misunderstood what I've said and that is, about Indians getting vicarious pleasure in assaulting other Indians in a FOREIGN land. Not Indians screwing fellow Indians in India! There's a vast difference. If you know anything about psychology, which I doubt you do, you'll understand.
Uneducated Aussies are rare! But I've just found one!!

Such unbecoming behaviour is typical of someone with a weak argument who resorts to attacking the person and denying the facts.

Indians Attacking Indians in Australia:

Ranjodh Singh, bad boss burnt by Indian Workers:

Two questioned over burnt body of Indian worker in Griffith
www.aol.com.au...
January 11, 2010, 12:33 AM
By LES KENNEDY

TWO men attempting to leave Australia have had their passports seized by detectives investigating the stabbing murder of an Indian-born seasonal work contractor in the Riverina town of Griffith.
They were stopped by police at the Sydney Airport departure lounge on Monday as they were about to board a flight to Nepal via Singapore.
. . . .
Detectives are examining claims that Mr Singh, who lived in Wagga Wagga and recruited Indian immigrants to work on farms in the Riverina, may have been murdered in a fight over unpaid money to workers, after attending a party in Griffith on December 27 last year.
His bound body, which had been set alight in an attempt to conceal his identity, was found two days later by a passer-by on the side of Wilga Road at Willbriggie.
A post-mortem revealed his throat had been slashed and he suffered multiple stab wounds.

Police are also understood to be investigating possible links in the murder to a sexual assault upon a woman.

Indian undercover reporter assaulted by Indian:

My attacker was Indian, says victim of 'racist' assault
www.theaustralian.com.au...
* Natasha Robinson and Amanda Hodge
* July 29, 2009 12:00AM

AN undercover reporter assaulted after covertly exposing migration scams says she is sickened by Indian media claims that she was targeted in a racist attack, insisting her tormentor was a fellow Indian.
As the Indian media's response to the dangers faced by Indian students and migrants to Australia reached a new level of hysteria yesterday with Kevin Rudd called a racist, the undercover reporter said Indian commentators had "no right to speak" because their own country was classist and racist.
"I'm just very, very appalled with the Indian media assuming that this was a racist attack," said the reporter, a 28-year-old long-time resident of Australia who covertly exposed migration scams for ABC TV's Four Corners.
"It was absolutely not. My attacker looked like an Indian person and I was threatened in Hindi."

The reporter, who had previously received two threatening telephone calls, was attacked in an inner-city Sydney street on Saturday afternoon when a man wearing a turban came at her with an "almighty elbow to the right shoulder".
The young woman had gone undercover for Four Corners during an investigation that aired on Monday night, exposing widespread corruption within the international student and migration sectors.

The Indian media seized on the reporter's attack and during a special half-hour edition of its popular News Hour program, entitled "Yes, It's Racism", top-rating Indian news channel Times Now claimed the assault was racially motivated.
But the reporter angrily disputed this, saying India was a far more racist country than Australia.
"I know it was not a racially motivated attack," she said. "Most sane Indian students in Sydney and Melbourne don't think these are racist-motivated attacks at all.
"Every country has a bit of racism here and there. And really, with the classist system in India, we have no right to speak. Certainly we have way more racism in our country than here in Australia."

Chamanjot Singh cuts wife's throat:

Man to be extradited over wife's death
news.ninemsn.com.au...
11:58 AEST Mon Jan 4 2010

Neighbours of a woman who was found dead with her throat cut heard her begging for mercy on the night she was killed, a court has heard.

Melbourne Magistrates' Court was told that Manprett Kaur, 29, was heard shouting "save me, save me, I won't do it again" in her home at Westmead in Sydney's west.

Officers discovered the body of the 29-year-old Indian-born woman when checking reports of a domestic disturbance at the home last Tuesday night.
The woman's 22-year-old husband Chamanjot Singh was arrested by Victorian police on Wednesday as he got off a bus at Melbourne's Southern Cross station.

There have also been attacks on Indians by Middle Easterners here, some of whom harbour a deep hatred for Hindus.
Sikhs too come in for a certain amount of threatening behaviour from other Indians.

People who are inclined to "screw" other people, as you put it, will keep doing it wherever they are.

But perhaps you were implying that thuggy Indians who come to Australia will be too busy "screwing" Australians to screw each other.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnerGi
Nobody in their right mind would walk around in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, on a Saturday night, on their own, where this unfortunate event happened. Melbourne is full of different races and country of origins of its citizens, and it could of been anybody who attacked this guy. All the Indian Government and media did was make it harder on Indians living here by stirring the pot. The Indians need to clean up their own back yard before dumping onto us here in Australia, look at their homicide rate compared to Australia www.answers.com... its over double!

Nitin Garg was not just walking around dark streets alone at night in a particularly rough area, (mostly recent immigrants, big drug problems,) in the western suburbs, but he walked through a large, completely unlit park.
www.maxynews.com...
Apparently he said it was a shortcut from the station, but the roads provided a more direct route, which would have been much safer and faster.

That park late at night is a drug dealing hang-out. Anyone not after drugs could expect to be attacked if they go there. Perhaps he saw a deal go down and the dealer was not too happy, who knows.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
THREAD NOTICE

Alright, let's reign this thread in. Please refrain from insulting other members. Remember to debate the post and not the poster. If you make a claim, back it up with facts and sources to support your argument. Do not attack other posters.

This thread will be returned to the original topic of discussion: 'Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne.' All posts directed at another member after this notice will be removed as off topic.

Thank you.

Thank god someone finally showed up and set things straight! Now that staff has required factual data to back up statements/accusations, I would imagine that some people won't troll and racially bait the thread anymore.

Many thanks Ash

You Rock!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OMG nooo.....australia was a beautiful country ...i thought it was racist free..i mean i just loved those people..so friendly,hospitable but look what the generation gap has done to the world?....[*SNIP*] these new teenagers who think they know everything..they think running a gang and smoking a ciggarete makes them some kind of a hero..and [*SNIP*] the media..they are just adding fuel to the fire...

SAFETY AND PEACE

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/14/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not Australian, but as I've understood from other Australians, racism is on the rise there. I don't know why, but race riots are quite large enough, I think, to merit some concern and worry about how to stop them.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
No,what we are appalled about is shrills,that know nothing about the crimes or the people of Australia who instantly label our good country as a bunch of slathering and xenophobic "skippys"

Please use your god given brains,and think hard before using a wide brush to tar us all.

thnx.

Yep. It sucks doesn't it? Gee, maybe some of you Aussies are seeing what it's like to be an American these days with people of all nations calling us a bunch of hatemongers even though a large majority of us Americans do not agree with what our government is doing. The vast majority of American people want to live in peace with the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Not Australian, but as I've understood from other Australians, racism is on the rise there. I don't know why, but race riots are quite large enough, I think, to merit some concern and worry about how to stop them.

www.youtube.com...

Some backstory to that.

That riot you posted happened in 2005 in protest over life savers being beaten up on a beach by some lebonese men. After that it went tit for tat and escalated from there. There were also race "aussie pig" gang rapes happening a few years earlier and it stayed on the news for the that few years (en.wikipedia.org...). When all this rioting hit the media.. I noticed that aussies marching was called "race riots" and lebonese doing exactly the same thing was called "race protest". The protests did inevitably turn into very violent riots.

Yes we have problems with racism but they are not just whites atacking everyone else.. or whites attacking indians like the indian media is trying to imply.

Ontopic: Even with this story.. it hasn't even been proven to be true yet people (Indian media etc) had already decided he was set alight by white australians when the guy couldn't even give a description.

[edit on 14-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
And now an Indian Gurdwara set on fire in Australia!!

Thu, Jan 14, 2010. Amid outrage in India, specially in Punjab, over a fire in a gurdwara under construction in Melbourne, the Indian Government on Thursday said it was in touch with the Australian authorities over the incident.

"It is learnt that some unidentified miscreants had set fire at the construction site, which is located about 300-odd meters from the Nanaksar Taath Gurdwara," he said.

Uh oh! Another incident! Darn! Those miscreants must've been Indians who have burnt part of their Gurdwara.
So what's new? Nothing to see here. Move on!

ibnlive.in.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

(Embedded it for you.)

Context ...

This began with a couple of Imams here indicating to their flocks they had a right to rape Australian women. One called "scantily dressed women, (we all dress scantily in our hoot summers by their burka-loving minds,) "meat left out for the dogs," saying one couldn't blame the dogs if they ate it. This led to a number of terribly cruel gang rapes of teenage girls by Muslims, and seriously increased the nasty, threatening behaviour of Muslim males here.

I can no linger catch a taxi on my own, the local taxis are all driven by Muslim men here and they are threatening and nasty to single women. I've had some really bad situations with them. By the way, the Muslim women here are suffering even more from this than the rest of Australian women are.

At Cronulla Beach, this trouble brewed up over months with Muslims on the beach stealing towels, kicking sand in people's faces and insulting women for wearing swimwear. The last straw was when a gang of them attacked a lifesaver. Now we love our lifesavers. They are what every Aussie dreams of being, they work voluntarily to keep us safe, and many have proven themselves real heroes when people have needed rescuing.

In response, a loud-mouthed idiot radio announcer, (you have a few of them in America, I've heard,) started relaying over the radio calls for this demonstration you saw. It attracted all brands of Australian. There were chinese, greeks, indigenous aussies, people of every colour , because we had all been suffering from this bad behaviour. Considering the size and anger, there was very little violence.

The violence came the next night, with 200 Muslims in cars driving to a suburb they had picked and smashing pretty well every car there and injuring many locals. They had chosen a mostly immigrant suburb to attack for some reason, and, pathetically, it was indigenous aussies, (aborigines,) who copped the worst of the violence.

In the next few weeks there were terrible incidents of Muslim gangs beating up single aussies, but there were no more demonstrations. Most Aussies had been shocked by what happened at Cronulla, seeing how something like that attracts the worst neo-nazi types along with regular aussies.

There were some funny things going on at that time that lead me to believe the authorities wanted to institute an endless race-war in Australia. It helps them keep fighting in the middle east if we all hate middle easterners, and as Hitler found, people are much more manageable if you can create a scapegoat to direct their rage against.

I wonder if the Imams who talked up so much trouble are not being persuaded to do so in order to get Muslims to behave in a way which will lead to hatred.

Anyway, that "riot," 5 years ago, is the only one we've had here, despite police efforts to create another, so pluralising it is a bit ignorant.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi ats, I live in melbourne

Let me say, it really pisses me off how this has blown up out of control... One of the reasons I hate the mainstream media.

You don't get the full story. There are idiots all over the world, not just in melbourne. Violence exists everywhere, so does racial tension, sadly. In melbourne most of the attacks happen between drunks, and usually they are NOT racially motivated. I'd bet money on the fact most of the attacks on Indians were for entirely different reasons.

And I know I'm generalizing, but hell, many of the Indians I've met in melbourne are not the most polite or well behaved people, I've seen more Indians attack or fight with anglo aussies than the other way around. There are MANY more aussies being stabbed and bashed etc over here, and sometimes by Indians or africans, but you don't read about that do you? No, because you can't call that racist, and it won't make news companies money.

Contrary to what many people seem to think now, Australians are NOT racist drunks who bash people who are different. We are NOT violent, hateful or anything of the sort. Most of the bogan types you would expect to be like that based on their appearance will usually turn out to be extremely friendly and welcoming.

Also, the particular case of the Indian man being set alight was a hoax of sorts. he had accidentally set himself alight, there was no attack on him, but he went to the police and reported it as an assault for some reason, who knows.

But yeah, I'm sick of ALL violence in Melbourne, the attacks against Indians a) generally are not racially motivated, and b) are FAR outnumbered by attacks on and between white/anglo aussies.

Bigger picture, try and understand that, please don't judge us based on some news reports.

In fact, I bet if many of you come to melbourne for a visit, you'd love it. Fantastic city, glad to live here. Just don't go to swanston street

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
OMG nooo.....australia was a beautiful country ...i thought it was racist free..i mean i just loved those people..so friendly,hospitable but look what the generation gap has done to the world?....[*SNIP*] these new teenagers who think they know everything..they think running a gang and smoking a ciggarete makes them some kind of a hero..and [*SNIP*] the media..they are just adding fuel to the fire...

SAFETY AND PEACE

[edit on 1/14/2010 by AshleyD]

And you're just as bad for believing what you read.

Australia IS NOT A RACIST PLACE. Read my previous post please.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cjhahaha Just don't go to swanston street

What's wrong with Swanston? Im there every other day...

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time poster, after reading the misconception of this post I had to register too shed some light for you all.

I live in the most indian dominated area of Australia and have wittnessed a number of protests from my window (I've physically seen police disarm indians who were holding cricket bats and shouting) no pun intended.

Generally us Australian born are very tolerent of other nationalities and very welcoming (Just like most countries if you respect the culture you will be treated well.) HOWEVER these hate crimes were not done by us!! Most indians don't grasp a lot of common sense when it comes to Danger and are a little naive when it's around, we have serious problem with ethnic and muslim violence here in Australia to the degree.. where groups of lebanese will go around looking to beat anglo and indian up and rain supremacy bragging about how they now own our country. (Another reason which brung on the famous cronulla riots)

Now the indians who immigrate here.. don't have the street smarts to look away and avoid confrontation.. were most Generation Y Australians know to avoid such crowds like earthquakes and rattlesnakes.

So what happens is.. every week or so there is more reports of violence against indians and us law abiding aussies get a bad rep because of something we didn't even do. Speak to local indians and they will even tell you they don't hate Australians.. but they hate our Government and Police for not protecting them against ethnic violence... this is there way of getting more press which in return will push our government to be more strict which is a wonderful thing for everyone as since the major indian riots, police patrols have stepped up a lot.. and a lot less ethnic gangs have been walking around in packs which makes me feel safer in my own town as well.

So please do not judge us on what propaganda you read in the paper, I bare wittness to what happens on a regular basis and know the real cause of this violence. Many suburbs of Australia do not even have native australians in them these days and are all recent immigrates from asian/indian/arab countries. Unless we are talking about violence in Anglo suburbs or Canberra.. you can bet the chances of it been caused in a CBD area by a native australian are very very slim

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
COME ON PEOPLE!
Does India think it is not a racialist country itself?
I declare that India is not only racialist, it is religiously Elitist too (Hindu caste System).

Spending 4months travelling throughout the states of Delhi, Rajastan, Himachal Pradesh, Utter Pradesh, Kashmir during 1996-97; I have a good grasp on how Indians see foreigners in their own land.
I was continually extorted for money, my girlfriend was groped on 3 occassions, our hotel room was broken into, my girlfriend was almost raped by an inn-keeper (only to find that I was there- much to his surprise), we were surrounded by 30 drunken men on Gorakhpur station at 3 am, wanting to fight me. We were laughed at and jeered at most places that we went......and they then have the audacity to say Asutralia is racialist WTF!

How about this.....? If you would like to start a new life in Australia, how about you leave your political and religious ideologies in the 'mother land', if you want to make a new start.

Don't dare call Australia Racialist, take a look at yourselves.
Like you've got great relations with: Nepal, Pakistan, Fiji (need I go on).
You guys get the red carpet treatment to have more freedoms than those that were reared here, and because a few people get killed we are then all racist ,PARRRLEASE.

Seriouslt though; when someone falls by the wayside it cannot be seen as racially motivated all the time, especially when they don't even have the offender!
NEWS FLASH: Australians (white) Kill Australians (white) Too!!! Go figure.

And if this is a "yeah yeah, remember what Harry Conick said, Blah,Blah"......remember Rodney King???
No one is better than the other......all countries have their transgressions.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

well said

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
And another bites the dust!

Melbourne: Breaking News! 15 Jan 2010.

A 24-year-old Indian taxi driver was assaulted on Friday in the Australian city of Ballarat on Friday. His taxi was damaged in the incident. The police arrested a 48-year-old man in connection with the assault.

The taxi driver, who was verbally abused by an Australian passenger took refuse at a service station in Ballarat. However, the passenger followed and allegedly assaulted him.

The police sources confirmed that the taxi driver was not seriously injured in the attack. The arrested person was sent to jail for 90 days, as the racist angle in this case was proved.

Nuff said!

www.breakingnewsonline.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join