It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yer Multi-Culturism sucks arse! The only good thing Multi-Culturism has brought us is pizza and souvlaki's

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
wow what a thread!!

I agree: there is racism anywhere you look, but Australians in general just have a strong disliking for wankers.
To claim we are a society of racists is incorrect.
You can't generalise over a few incidents otherwise you have to make that statement for every country.

When you travel to Australia, you'll see for yourself, we are pretty open and blunt. It is what it is and we call it what it is. We're not being rude
People who come here need to understand that.

Yep there are a lot of wankers here, i'm sure every country has it's fair share and yes, there are racist elements here, to which I'm again, sure that every country has its fair share.

btw I think Harry Connick Junior is a wanker.
I also think our PM Kevin Rudd is a bloody big wanker too.

I think the word 'racism' is nowadays a croc of # and just too many super sensitive people overuse it. The same with sexual harrasment/discrimation.
I think the act associated with the word is wrong but it is often misinterpreted and I don't know why a lot of people are quick to use those words.

Most people are hypocrites these days anyway so who really cares?.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme
wow what a thread!!
Australians in general just have a strong disliking for wankers.

Exactly convinceme... Well said!

Star 4 U

IRM

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Kailassa
The bulk of attacks on any nationality here tend to be by members of the same nationality...

Oh yeah! Indians assaulting Indians!!! I didn't know they had this sadistic streak! I mean, Indians screwing Indians in a foreign land must give them vicarious pleasure!
Your lame duck arguments are totally unconvincing.

Oh, I see.
All Indians in India are perfectly safe from attacks from other Indians, are they?

English seems to be a second/third language where you are concerned as your power of comprehension is zilch! Why am I saying this?

Because in your keenness to just ramble you have completely misunderstood what I've said and that is, about Indians getting vicarious pleasure in assaulting other Indians in a FOREIGN land. Not Indians screwing fellow Indians in India! There's a vast difference. If you know anything about psychology, which I doubt you do, you'll understand.

Uneducated Aussies are rare! But I've just found one!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You guys are pathetic

So you label me a racist?

Please show me, as i've asked before, what have I said that is racist?

No, I don't want to hear you said that or you said this

No, I want you to quote me, use the quote functionality and quote me and bold what I said that you specifically find racist

go on

I guarantee that NONE of you will be able to accomplish this
go a., find something... anything!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
ModernAcadmia you are a complete fool.

You dont even live in Australia yet you're telling everyone how life in Australia is?

You accuse white Australians of these crimes, yet when they turn out to be insurance jobs that went wrong or Indian on Indian crime or Middle Eastern gangs, you just ignore it and move out with your anti-Aussie hate.

I think you are the biggest racist in this thread, you dismiss all logic in favor of anything anti-Aussie you can spew forth.

Well said. I'm not feeding the trolls anymore but I'm quoting you so the truth doesn't get buried again by aussie-haters.

To re-iterate:

This thread is NOT about (white) aussie/indian racial conflicts and posting unrelated news stories is offtopic.

This thread is about a guy who tried to burn out his girl friends car in an insurence job, burned himself and lied to the police claiming he was the victim of a racial attack.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The attacks on Indian students in Australia are not acceptable to the Australian people nor are they commonplace. This is the reason that this issue is receiving such large scale attention in Australia and around the globe.

Australia is a land of migrants with first generation connections to most nations on earth. Migration has brought millions to our shores not only from traditionally Anglo Saxon countries such as the United Kingdom and Ireland but increasingly from China and India to name but two. These two countries represent double digit percentages in migration figures.

The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) figures over the last 10 years indicates a reduction of or at least stagnation in most forms of personal crime in Australia.

There has been considerable discontent within the Indian community in Australia over the past 12-18 months. Many are students and were lured to Australia by unscrupulous education agents with the promise of easy permanent residency after completing a course on the Migration on Demand List (MODL) ie. Hairdressing or Commercial Cookery. After paying money to the education agents, paying fees to the colleges they have found that some of the colleges have closed down or the rules for permanent residency have become tighter and they no longer qualify for an easy road to permanent residency.

After much pressure from the Indian Government and much goodwill on behalf of the Australian government, Australian has implemented considerable measures for effected students to obtain enrollment in alternate colleges and has given concessions to effected students when applying for further visas. However the Indian community has asked for this and more including access to transport travel concessions and most outrageously access to the public health system for free medical care!

This sequence of events in addition to the random attacks has caused an a temporary strain in the relationship between the Indian Community in Australia and authorities. This has also meant that events relating to Indians in Australia have been given a very vocal coverage in the media.

I hope this provides a clearer picture of the current events in Australia.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gimmecheddar

Star for you cheddar! Excellent post! It's refreshing to see a balanced opinion/facts which is like a breath of fresh air in this otherwise one sided pro-Aussie ramble with name calling thrown in by them (IRM) for effect.

Of course, my friend IRM will contend that calling someone a 'moron' is an Aussie compliment! As for me, it smells of arrogance!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
reply to post by gimmecheddar

Of course, my friend IRM will contend that calling someone a 'moron' is an Aussie compliment! As for me, it smells of arrogance!

You cannot refrain from lieing about what people have said even in this thread.

The entire quote in context:

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by OrionHunterX

ICC rankings are meaningless.

If you think Aussies go and bash Indians because of ICC Rankings, you are a complete moron.

Nuff said!

IRM

Emphassis mine.

As you can see he said IF you think ICC rankings are prompting aussies to beat indians up you are a moron and I agree with him. So aussies go around beating indians up when their sports team lose do they? That is a truly disgusting and bigoted thing to accuse us of.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I was at the supermarket the other night. I live in a place in Australia that attracts alot of backpackers and foreign-origin students due to the university and availability of well paying seasonal work.

While browsing the aisles, I saw alot of "foreigners" (myself, I am a "foreigner" by birth, Australian by citizenship) and I could not fathom, that even with my own experiences with racism, that anyone would want to hurt these people. They are human beings. They are trying to live their lives. When I go to my local Indian store, the owner is very friendly and polite and gives me tips about what is a good product to use (and often cheaper than the same item in a different brand). He tells me what spices to use to make authentic Indian cuisine. And I appreciate it. They are proud of their culture and want to share it. I am very receptive to other cultures as I feel you can't experience life until you experience it through the eyes of others.

And most people I know well, they feel the same. I have experienced racism. And people I know have too. And they are "white". But that doesn't mean they go around stabbing random Indians.

IMO, only people with serious mental issues or pre-existing historical tensions intend to seriously injure or kill - not "every day" people in Australia. Personally, I have experienced racism but I have never felt that I was even remotely so hated as a "foreigner" as to feel my life was in danger. I have felt that anyone around me would defend me or come to my aid if I were in such a situation. Ever heard of mateship? It's a strong thing in Australia.. at least it used to be.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

As you can see he said IF you think ICC rankings are prompting aussies to beat indians up you are a moron and I agree with him. So aussies go around beating indians up when their sports team lose do they? That is a truly disgusting and bigoted thing to accuse us of.

Cheers Riley!

That's why I'm no longer responding to anyone who is trolling and racially bating within this thread. It's really not worth anyone's time attempting mature debate with people who sport such non coherent views - and then twist the words in your rebuttal to present themselves as victims. The words 'lacking integrity' come to mind.

It really seems to be upsetting this member too since I haven't responded to his posts. Hence the further baiting to garner my attention. It makes me feel kinda special that he wants me to notice him so desperately. Like a little doggy barking for me to throw the ball.

Ignore is firmly in place!

IRM

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I also agree with you and riley.

If anyone thinks that cricket scores are a reason to MURDER then you need to get out more or find a new hobby or something.

Cricket is a sport. If anything, it continues to be a point where the countries involved in the comp can relate to one another as fellow cricket-supporters. If India wins, we conceed that they did better on the day as sportsmen, and vice versa. We don't crack the s**ts and go beat people up.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SerialLurker

And most people I know well, they feel the same. I have experienced racism. And people I know have too. And they are "white". But that doesn't mean they go around stabbing random Indians.

IMO, only people with serious mental issues or pre-existing historical tensions intend to seriously injure or kill - not "every day" people in Australia. Personally, I have experienced racism but I have never felt that I was even remotely so hated as a "foreigner" as to feel my life was in danger. I have felt that anyone around me would defend me or come to my aid if I were in such a situation. Ever heard of mateship? It's a strong thing in Australia.. at least it used to be.

Very well said SeriaLurker! You will find that the Aussies within this thread couldn't agree with you more!

Where most of us are drawing the line in this thread is with the members who are making generalized/ignorant statements in an attempt to make all Aussies (Australia as a nation) look like racists. Its incendiary at best.

Star 4 U mate!

IRM

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Nobody in their right mind would walk around in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, on a Saturday night, on their own, where this unfortunate event happened. Melbourne is full of different races and country of origins of its citizens, and it could of been anybody who attacked this guy. All the Indian Government and media did was make it harder on Indians living here by stirring the pot. The Indians need to clean up their own back yard before dumping onto us here in Australia, look at their homicide rate compared to Australia www.answers.com... its over double!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am an Aussie who spent many years living in western Sydney and have known some of the so called racists. None of them ever beat up anyone and they hated everyone equally so it does not make sense that they would all of a sudden start picking on one particular group. It is more likely that the violence stems from trouble brought from overseas.
The kneejerk reaction of the media and the PC in blaming Aussies only demonstrates their own hatred and bad attitude. As 1 out of 4 people in Australia were born overseas the law of averages would mean that an attack by a white Australian is quite low as there are not many left in Sydney and Melbourne. I feel for anyone who suffers an attack by anyone whoever they are.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
thank you all for not responding to my request of quoting any racist statement I made

I rest my case and you just nulled about 7 pages of your own rants

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Actually I already did as you requested and a couple of pages ago and you ignored it so why would poeple bother?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

ummm what the part where you quoted me quoting an AUSTRALIAN article?

nice try, I said something that I SAID!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Actually I already did as you requested and a couple of pages ago and you ignored it so why would people bother?

Yes he's very selective and hypocritical. He conveniently ignored my request twice as well, and has the audacity to whinge when no one wants to bother with him any more. Of course he uses our apathy toward him as some hollow form of validation and a means by which to bait people into more useless discourse.

Remember, this is a dude who said:

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I'm not even sure why i keep returning to this thread, it's pathetic

Yet... here he is again - asking for validation in a 'pathetic thread'.

I can't imagine why he would need such things when he sits on such a lofty and judgmental perch.

Go figure!

IRM

[edit on 13/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Something YOU said:

This one is a question not a statement, I was talking to a friend in australia and he was telling me that many Australians hate Aborigines, is this true?

YOU said it.. but you left yourself an out by blaming "a friend".

By the way aborigines are Australians so it's pretty obvious that an Australian did NOT say that and you just made it all up.

..and something else YOU said:

why are the assaults occuring?
From what i've read it's because people are opposed to Indians having easy student visas to Australia and also some are jealous of indians getting better grades than aussies.

So care to prove that VERY RACIST claim that indians get better grades than aussies? that aussies are so petty that they attack indians in fits of academic jealousy?

Your racism is only very thinnly veiled.. blaming "a friend" or something you just "read somewhere" just makes your racism cowardly.

[edit on 13-1-2010 by riley]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join