It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man attacked and set alight in Melbourne

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Even Chris Gyle?

Australian cricket team a pack of 'whingers': Gayle
Ani, ANI, 24 December 2009.

Perth, Dec 24(ANI): West Indies skipper Chris Gayle has labeled the Australian cricket team a pack of 'whingers' as the fallout from the recently concluded Frank Worrell Trophy continues. Gayle said that the Australian players were the masters of sledging, but couldn't handle the heat when a player returned serve.

"When they sledge and if you give it back to them, they whinge a lot. They can't handle it," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Gayle, as saying.

Of course this hoity toity Aussie attitude doesn't reflect the psyche of all Ausies. (In fact some of my best friends are Aussies and they're great guys!). But it does hint at the morons (Like you mentioned I am) out there bent on screwing things up! And there are a dime a dozen down under.

And yeah! It's them Indians assaulting Indians as a poster mentioned in the previous page! Case closed!

Source

[edit on 12-1-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Excellent Article For You Aussies In Denial

Time to come clean on racism reality

The tragic murder of young permanent resident Nitin Garg in Melbourne last week has done incalculable damage to Australia's reputation as a welcoming nation and as a globally attractive destination for education and migration.

We should not delude ourselves into thinking that the White Australia policy has been entirely forgotten.

It would also be a mistake to dismiss the Indian reaction as over-zealous "hysterical" media.

Unfortunately, the seeming instant dismissal by local authorities of the possibility of racism being involved has created an impression of a nation in denial. This has seriously damaged Australia's credibility and helped inflame public opinion

It is difficult to understand how the police are able to rule out racism completely and with such certainty. While a premature conclusion of racism would also be inappropriate, the apparent disproportionate number of attacks on Indians relative to other overseas students does suggest racism is a factor.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

You know denying racism playing a part is only fueling that idea if anything.

I honestly think you guys are doing more harm than good by denying this fact.

Surely it is the right of the Indian government to expect the Australian government to safeguard all India's citizens in Australia, especially those who were encouraged to go there because it was a welcoming and safe country to study and live in.

It would also be extremely helpful if Australian authorities acknowledged that Australia, like any country, is not entirely free of racist elements. The police should make it clear that they do not tolerate racist behaviour and demonstrate this by investigating allegations thoroughly. No purpose is served by playing down the suspicions of victims who believe they have been subject to racism.

It is critical that Australia does all it can to ensure that this goodwill is not eroded. Much will depend on how we respond to the crisis involving the safety and security of Indian students in Australia.

Can we please stop the denials now??
This is an australian paper by the way!!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Q. "Can anyone in Oz tell me if it's normal to be arrested and released on bail THE SAME DAY after being arrested on Assault charges?"

A. completely normal.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by EagleClaw]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Another Indian attacked in Oz; one person arrested

Melbourne, Jan 12 (PTI) A 28-year-old Indian man living in Australia for more than a decade today claimed that he was beaten up by a group of locals on a beach in Sydney.

Huh oh! Another Indian bites the dust just as I write this!
So what's new? It's nothing to do with racism for Chrissake. Ask the Aussies on this thread if you don't believe me!

[edit on 12-1-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think it's well known by many people that the most openly racist people are the South African caucasians and Israelis. Second most openly racist people are the Australians. Third is the rest of the caucasian world.

This is not to say that ALL are racist but a vast majority thanks to 'lovely' parenting, disrespectful decadent culture, Godlessness and the harbouring of satan within their hearts.

olo

[edit on 12-1-2010 by Jinni]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Melbourne, Jan 12 (PTI) A 28-year-old Indian man living in Australia for more than a decade today claimed that he was beaten up by a group of locals on a beach in Sydney.

The man, who refused to be named apparently due to safety reasons, said that he was kicked and punched by the group near Coogee beach yesterday.
www.ptinews.com...

Australian police arrest Indian's attacker, out on bail

The New South Wales Police Tuesday arrested a man involved in an alleged assault on an Indian permanent resident at Sydney's Coogee Beach and charged him with “assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray", the Australian High Commission said in a statement.

“A court granted the person bail with conditions on 12 January. The matter is listed to appear before court on 24 February,” the statement said.
www.littleabout.com...

Ummmmmm.... Ok so another attack

Can anyone in Oz tell me if it's normal to be arrested and released on bail THE SAME DAY after being arrested on Assault charges?

The same day??

What a surprise.. the race of the alledged attackers has NOT been mentioned yet you STILL insist they are aussies attacking indians..

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jinni
I think it's well known by many people that the most openly racist people are the South African caucasians. Second most openly racist people are the Australians. Third is the rest of the caucasian world.

This is not to say that ALL are racist but a vast majority thanks to 'lovely' parenting, disrespectful decadent culture, Godlessness and the harbouring of satan within their hearts.

olo

Yours is one of the most racist and hypocritical posts I have ever had the displeasure of reading on ATS.

Learn something about yourself before you dig yourself deeper:

dictionary.reference.com...
RACIST.
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Excellent Article For You Aussies In Denial

Time to come clean on racism reality

The tragic murder of young permanent resident Nitin Garg in Melbourne last week has done incalculable damage to Australia's reputation as a welcoming nation and as a globally attractive destination for education and migration.

We should not delude ourselves into thinking that the White Australia policy has been entirely forgotten.

Are you serious? At least you have now confirmed that you mean whites when you say "aussie".. you tried to keep that vague. The white australia policy has NOTHING to do with these attacks. How do I know this?

THE ATTACKS WERE NOT ALL COMMITED BY WHITES.

..and the articles you are posting have NOTHING to do with the OP. I believe you keep posting them in order to bump the truth down and derail the thread.

So I will just repost it:

The indian who claimed to be attacked tried an insurence job.. set himself on fire then told the police he got attacked by four men. He was lieing.

So sorry that staying on topic doesn't suit your anti-aussie agenda anymore.

ModernAcademia has spent most of his posts trying to imply that it's all white aussies attacking indians. These are blatent lies and he damn well knows that non whites have also been responsible for many of the attacks. This has been explained repetively but every new page he reposts the same RACIST slander and we defend ourselves against it. Posting false and missleading information is against the T&C yet he still persists in peddling the lies. NONE of the articles he has posted contain proof the attacks are all committed by whites.. he just tacks that inference on as if they do.

[edit on 12-1-2010 by riley]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think it's well known by many people that the most openly racist people are the South African caucasians. Second most openly racist people are the Australians. Third is the rest of the caucasian world.

olo

As another poster has pointed out, this post is a lesson in irony (oh, "irony", strange devil words from the white man ooooooooo scary).

Tell that to the whites butchered by blacks in South Africa

Hope you visit Russia one day, I recommend walking around Moscow in a BLACK POWER t shirt doing BLACK POWER salutes, should be good times!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

So the vast majority of Australians are racist, were badly parented, are bad parents, are disrespectful, Godless, Satan-worshippers and their culture is decadent.

Yes, you sound just like the worst of the Muslim residents here, who are busy running around insulting the locals, expressing their hatred of Australian culture, and then crying racism when people don't change society here to accommodate them. Such rage shows in their faces when they encounter naked female knees, naked female shoulders, naked female cleavage, and are not allowed to beat up and rape these unchaperoned examples of free femininity. - Despite their Imams here telling them that Australian women are "meat left out for the dogs" who have only themselves to blame if they get raped.

And, despite all this, Australians generally stay calm and ignore the arrogant idiots. Any immigrant here is more likely to be assaulted by a fellow immigrant than by the sort of person racists like you think of as an Australian.

Please don't bring your hate-filled attitudes here. Just stay and stamp on the rights of people in your own country instead.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You didn't answer my question ModernAcademia.

Where are you from? What's your nationality. Should be an easy question to answer but you appear to be avoiding it.

IRM

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by Kailassa
The bulk of attacks on any nationality here tend to be by members of the same nationality...

Oh yeah! Indians assaulting Indians!!! I didn't know they had this sadistic streak! I mean, Indians screwing Indians in a foreign land must give them vicarious pleasure!
Your lame duck arguments are totally unconvincing.

Oh, I see.
All Indians in India are perfectly safe from attacks from other Indians, are they?

en.wikipedia.org...

orissaburning.blogspot.com...

www.mukto-mona.com...

www.countercurrents.org...

www.indiatogether.org...

It sure looks like there are plenty of Indians who hate other Indians in India. Are you suggesting none of these come to Australia? Or do they suddenly all forget their religious and cultural animosities when their feet touch this "wide brown land"?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

The man, who refused to be named apparently due to safety reasons, said that he was kicked and punched by the group near Coogee beach yesterday.
www.ptinews.com...

Any proof this happened, any proof at all?
An unnamed man, no police report, no medical treatment, no witnesses ... and this is the sort of stuff you base accusations on. The only source is a New Delhi newspaper. All the other reports are just copies of this.

The New South Wales Police Tuesday arrested a man involved in (the above) alleged assault on an Indian permanent resident at Sydney's Coogee Beach and charged him with “assault occasioning actual bodily harm and affray", the Australian High Commission said in a statement.

Sure they did ...
Where's a record of the arrest?
Where did the AHC release this statement?

I guess the Indian burning himself while setting fire to his car was embarrassing, so the Indian government has to resort to inventing slander against Australia.

Also in the news:

''Scientists have confirmed that an unidentified flying object recently landed in a park in the Russian city of Voronezh...They have also identified the landing site and found traces of aliens who made a short promenade around the park.''---The Soviet Press Agency TASS,

legendofpineridge.blogspot.com...

“A court granted the person bail with conditions on 12 January. The matter is listed to appear before court on 24 February,” the statement said.
www.littleabout.com...

Again, a "report" of a statement WHICH DOES NOT EXIST!

Can anyone in Oz tell me if it's normal to be arrested and released on bail THE SAME DAY after being arrested on Assault charges?
The same day??

In Australia you are free until after being sentenced to imprisonment unless the police can prove the suspect is likely to skip bail. Do you get imprisoned just for being suspected of a crime where you come from?

Can anyone tell me if it's normal for Indian Newspapers to make up lies?
Or do they only do that when the Indians want to put pressure on Australia to force the Aussies to sell them
uranium?

People supporting this anti-Australian propaganda are supporting liars who want to force Australia into supplying nuclear material to a nuclear power which refuses to sign the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Who wants more nuclear weapons in the hands of irresponsible governments?

[edit on 12/1/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
You guys are funny!
No i'm serious you really are

I'm not even sure why i keep returning to this thread, it's pathetic

First you claim everyone believes everything they read

then you all keep saying where's the proof, where's the proof
then you say "oh the guy set himself on fire" when even the aussie police investigation is still ongoing.

unbelievable, you criticize us and then immediately do the exact same thing you were criticizing us for.

In the midst of all this you keep claiming that anyone who believes that the attacks are racial are..... well racists.

You guys are only good for creating a see-saw effect, this is the only thing you have contributed to this thread.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It should be obvious that this multi-culture thing is not working.
History should tell us all that multi-culturism has Never worked.
Solution to the Aussie/Indian problem......
Send all the Indians back to India and never allow another one in.
You will never have such a problem again.

Until you do this you will continue to have racial strife and distressed population till the end of time;
Or maybe until you are all so interbred that you are all the same color and all Mulim too.

Your Choice.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone

The majority of people on this planet would completely disagree with you.
I find that your statement is incredibly caveman-like

We are the first self-aware species in this solar system and you are basically saying we shouldn't evolve but rather de-evolve into xenophobes.

People with this thinking should really go back under the rock they came from.

Tourism accounts for almost 1Trillion dollars and despite the threat of terroism it still grows

You know what that means? It means the majority of the planet does not like you and your thinking.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We are the first self-aware species in this solar system and you are basically saying we shouldn't evolve but rather de-evolve into xenophobes.

Tourism accounts for almost 1Trillion dollars and despite the threat of terroism it still grows

You know what that means? It means the majority of the planet does not like you and your thinking.

moderna., you really should speak for yourself and not attempt to speak for the whole world.

So, are you proposing to legislate our natural instincts?

I never cease to be amazed at the human ability to over-ride reason and negate logic.

Everyone is racist, sorry, it is the truth. Its part of our animal nature. When you see another tribe that is not your own, they may look different, they may act different than your tribe, so therefore you see them separately. This is your survival instinct at work.

Every mammal on Earth does this, including humans, you cannot escape it, no one can. To deny it makes you a fool and a liar. Try if you will to deny it, but deep down inside everyone is racist to some degree.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ModernAcadmia you are a complete fool.

You dont even live in Australia yet you're telling everyone how life in Australia is?

You accuse white Australians of these crimes, yet when they turn out to be insurance jobs that went wrong or Indian on Indian crime or Middle Eastern gangs, you just ignore it and move out with your anti-Aussie hate.

I think you are the biggest racist in this thread, you dismiss all logic in favor of anything anti-Aussie you can spew forth.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Multi-Culturism dosen't work, it causes division, and us human can't deal with that. It has been proven through history and is happening right now as we speak. There's been no need for the mass immigration through the years, especially in the western world.

Tourism is compleatley different thing, to setting up and living somewhere for the rest of your life.

Now mabay you can live among 20 different ethnic groups but theres alot of people that can't. Sad but true!

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikeraphone
ModernAcadmia you are a complete fool.

Yeah he is! He is just gutter trolling with generalizations like his hateful mate Jinni. We all know that generalizing a whole culture based on the acts of a few is extremely ignorant.

We've acknowledged that there are some racist people in Australia just like every other country. We've also told him that not every attack in this country on Indians comes from a white person (to which he was dismissive). So why is he still posting here?

Because in his tiny array of thoughts, he thinks that only white people are capable of racism in this country and without any shred of proof, he would like people from other countries to believe that only white people commit racial crimes in Australia. He wants you to believe that our police are Kentucky fried KKK... and he even suggested that Anglo youth are dumb in comparison to Indians...(making them jealous and resentful). Does anyone see a pattern here. I do!

ModernAcademia... When I looked at your profile it all made sense why you wouldn't answer my earlier question. Perhaps you didn't want to be seen as biased? That this is somewhat personal with you? Hmmmm

Comment from: The Savage Khan on: 17/10/09 @ 08:56
Hello fellow Indian from NY. Keep up the good work!

Suddenly, your motivations become very clear!

And Jinni over there... What a piece of work huh! You can see the religiously motivated racial hatred spewing forth like brown fountains of demon dung. His type of zealotry is all to common in the world these days. In fact, his 'special brand' of hatred has shaped the last decade of this planet. Talk about being a hypocrite!

I would suggest that all Aussies in this thread simply ignore them both from now on! Ignore their racial baiting and trolling!

IRM

[edit on 12/1/10 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join