It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connections between Neo-Darwinism and Global capitalism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I Wonders what the connections and correlations Between Neo-Darwinism and the Global Capitalism?

[edit on 9-1-2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What you're thinking is actually the philosophy of 'Social Darwinism' attributed to the writings of Andrew Carnegie.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Good question.

I have actually been postulating that capitalism is just an example or illustration of Social Darwinism. Maybe that is obvious to some, but it was not obvious to me until I discovered it on my own.

I may not know exactly what Neo-Darwinism is at the moment but I can tell you one thing. From what I have ran through my head as thought experiments many times, Capitalism will always converge towards Despotism or tyranny or at least an oligarchial state, which is not a good thing at all.

My solution is in my thread in my signature: permaculture. Best solution I have found thus far.

Anyway. ttyl

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Unlimitedpossibilities: neo-Darwinism is better known as the 'modern synthesis'. It is simply Darwinism with genetics and other more recent findings in biology and ethology factored in.

factbeforefiction: Social Darwinism is a Fascist corruption of Darwin's ideas, as you say, and has nothing to do with either real Darwinism or the modern synthesis.

However, there is a connection, and a very strong one, between Darwinism and capitalism. It is this: Darwin came from a family and social community that rose to wealth and influence precisely because they were capitalists--the leading lights of the late Industrial Revolution in England.

Unlike the aristocracy, who were mostly High Church Anglicans (with a sprinkling of Catholics), the Darwins and Wedgewoods (Charles's mother's family), were Unitarians, a religious denomination to which many English capitalists of their era belonged.

The liberal, scienctifically informed intellectual environment of Unitarianism was the breeding-ground of Darwinism; indeed, Erasmus Darwin, Charles's grandfather, was an enthusiastic evolutionist. What Charles brought to the theory of evolution was the concept of natural selection. So there really is a connection between Darwinism and capitalism--an historical one.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Very good question !

religious Darwin fanatics are trying to usher in a robotic consumer society where the 'self' and individual does not exist, no one is special no one has original ideas or free thought.

and they are biting the NWO agenda hard.

all because it's cool !

edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
Very good question !

religious Darwin fanatics are trying to usher in a robotic consumer society where the 'self' and individual does not exist, no one is special no one has original ideas or free thought.

Well, the truth is... no one IS special. Are you more special than Weng Wei, a gentleman who sells shoes in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong? Probably not. Is HE more special than Barbara Rivers of Vancouver, who manages the finances of the local news channel? Again, not likely. Is She more special than her counterpart in Buenos Aires, Rosa Cortes? I see no reason why she would be. And is Rosa more special than you? Nah.

The individual exists, and original ideas and free thought are all there (though apparently some individuals are more prone to these than others, as you've kindly shown). This "we're all special" thing is nothing more than a useless ego trip for useless, ignorant people to feel better about themselves, after a day of making tacos and coming home to watch the Palins on TV.

Frankly society WOULD be a lot better if people realized that snowflake syndrome is an actual problem. Just like if it realized that sorry, no, not all opinions are equal and valid.

And a robotic consumer society implies a distinct lack of thought. You'll find that the biggest proponents of this sort of society are exactly the ones who want to prevent any mention of evolution - or biology, period. Or any other science.

Y'know. Conservatives.

and they are biting the NWO agenda hard.

all because it's cool !

edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

I like how it's taken less than a decade for the NWO to go from evil faceless communists to equally evil, equally faceless capitalist corporatism. I wonder, back in the 1500's, was the NWO those radical frelance traders who challenged the tried-and-true guild system?
edit on 14-12-2010 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

top topics

join