It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Colder In America, Than At Both Poles!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Forgive me, since I don't have handy links for this hypothosis.

During 1997 - 2001 the sun was doing some weird things. including energy bursts. solar flare activity was up as well.

During 2001 - 2008 the sun did it's normal thing, but it's outputs were higher then ever seen in past history.

Our Hottest year ever recorded was 2005. With temperatures in some areas getting as high as 125 degrees F.

The earth moves on a cycle, based on the sun.. 10,000 - 12,000 years ago we were just coming out of an ice age.. We spent a few thousand years in an ice age prior to that. We thaw'd out, which gave us such things as melting polar ice caps etc.

We are now on the down-ward turn back towards cooler climate.. Mostly based upon the Sun.

So if the sun was more active during the beginning to middle part of 2000 - 2005.. would stand to reason why we were sweating our hienes off during those years.

Their is records in the deep ice cores from times past that the Co2 levels in our atmosphere were actually much higher in previous millenia then they are today.. long before our industrial age. '

I do believe "Global warming" is a man made-up thing, but I also realise that Planet Earth has her own agenda, and cycles.. Our life-spans are short comparativly to the pasage of time.

Like i said, sorry i don't have any links, I will find them and post them when I do.

Thanks for reading,

-Cygnis

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i would like to add that i live in frickin florida, and guess what? IT SNOWED LAST NITE!!! enough for me to make a snow ball and peg my friend. i believe the last time such an event occurred was in 1989.

many of my friends who were born here and haven't traveled anywhere during the winter months have never seen snow till last night/this morning. and guess what? my heater stopped working so imma curl up in bed under alot of blankets and go to sleep

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I haven't read through all of this, but I thought I would post this video showing what happens when artic ice melts messing with ocean currents, making Europe much cooler.

www.youtube.com...

PS: I don't believe we are the cause of all cooling but certainly are innocent in it. I am more worried about chemicals we throw in air more than any amount of CO2.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ahddm]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

the_Denv, "Summer time" in the South pole doesn't that mean it's normal to have warm weather there... The summer in the South pole is usually very cold by our standards. There IS a weather anomaly going on at least in Europe, North America, the northern artic circle and apprearantly in Australia as reported by the other folks on this thread. If you can't see that, perhaps it's because the glasses of your avatar need some major cleaning...

I know it doesn't mean that its normal to have warm weather there, but in the Summer time anywhere, temperature does rise; even to a slight degree.

I would also agree that the South Pole is usually very cold by our standards, that is basic understanding of a pole. I was not referring to that at all.

Its not an anomaly at all mate, its just that its getting colder due to the Solar Cycle.

I can see that, obviously you read my post wrong. It happens.

All I was stating is that the South Pole temperature has risen (because its Summer there) and places like America/Europe the temperatures has dropped (because its winter there). Thus creating a similar temperature between the two and that it seems only natural that the temperatures are similar due to the natural shift in both locations.

[edit on 9/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Did you know, that here in Finland we make a big hole on to a frozen lake and swim in them when we go to sauna. And if theres not a lake to dip in, we roll around in snow, no matter how cold it is aslong as it's a sauna day. :p

at the moment it's minus 22 celcius in here. No problem.

Proof: www.youtube.com...

Sorry if this was offtopic, i was referring to people who were a bit worried about the cold. But do keep yourselves warm! ^^

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Dukarth]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
my apolagies if someone has already mentioned this. i did'nt want to wade thru ALL the posts.
i feel intuitively that man made global warming is contrived nonsense. average temps have not risen since 2002 despite industrial growth and vast increase in road traffic.
THE factor that's rarely mentioned if at all is the huge changes going on in the solar system. uranus and neptune have reversed their poles. the leading edge of the heliosphere where it meets the cosmos is glowing much brighter than before. there is a visable light bridge between jupiter and its moon eo. venus is also brighter, just to mention a few. (source; russian and nasa scientists) there is a vast hexagon on saturn at its pole, 16,000 miles diameter which may have always been there, i'm not sure about that one and whether its significant.
all this as we approach the ecliptic of of our galaxy, to be crossed end of 2012. perhaps we'll be bathed in a laser type beam from galactic centre in "that" december. could be the ride of our life.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Climate CHANGE!!! Not global warming. Just because it gets warmer in some places doesn't mean it will get warmer everywhere. But the global weather is changing, and anyone not believing that the billions of tons of carbon we pump into the air won't be at least to a significant the cause of that, are in denial.

But it's all good...continue driving your 12v pickup trucks even though you don't really need it. I'm sure it won't harm the environment

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the magnetic North pole and the geographic North pole have been drifting apart for as long as we've 'kept records of it.

Any idea which direction and how far it's drifted ???

Is it possible that the ground we stand on is slowly drifting in a direction that would cause us to receive weather patterns previously seen further North ???

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yullose

I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong) the magnetic North pole and the geographic North pole have been drifting apart for as long as we've 'kept records of it.

Any idea which direction and how far it's drifted ???

Is it possible that the ground we stand on is slowly drifting in a direction that would cause us to receive weather patterns previously seen further North ???

Just a thought...

You are right.
The Bermuda Triangle (in my opinion) was a previous true-magnetic North Pole at one stage on this Planet. Just like all the continents of the world were all one piece of land mass in history, we are constantly moving, constantly. It just doesnt stop, it never will. Some say the Earth is infact growing:

PLEACE WATCH THE ABOVE VIDEO AND EDUCATE YOURSELVES (EVERYONE)

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Originally posted by DeathShield
Good thing global warming made snow and cold winters things of the past.

Good thing this is exactly what will happen with global warming/climate change. Your summers will be hotter and your winters get colder but your overall average for the year will continue to rise.

The added melt off from glaciers will mix with the currents and mess up the way the water flows and goes from cold to warm. This will have a major change to the weather and plunge us into a mini ice age as we see average temps drop.

I was going to post the same thing.

Except I was going to put /s at the end of it.

Cold is indicative of Global Warming, warmth is indicative of Global Warming, snow coverage on this map is indicative of Global warming-

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e948c34ce718.jpg[/atsimg]

What EXACTLY is NOT indicative of Global Warming or Climate Change!?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LOL i love how you guys are bragging about who's got the coldest city.

can you say "the day after tomorrow?"

[edit on 1/9/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I'm probably 150 miles south of you in Western Washington we've been in the 40's-50 degree range thanks to our cloud cover. However from late November to early December we had many days below freezing with 2 back to back 14 Degree nights.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I want to know how many people in here think these weather patterns are the cause of a injected government tampering system finanaced by power companies and fuel companies? Just a show of hands...or fingers..

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've heard something similar to that as well. Something about the whole 2012 thing is that it ends the last 11 year sunspot cycle as well as a major/overall cycle that has protected us for a few hundred years.

When that happens, like previously stated, earth gets bombarded by cosmic rays, thus causing crap to happen. Hence the fact that changes are suppose to be happening on every planet in our solar system... the sun can apparently take a break?

I'm loling at my initial thought and theory that formed in my head when I first read the post... (pole shifting) as another idea. North pole tilts a bit off and gets warmer, which brings longitudes around or near the tropic of cancer closer towards the north poles previous location based on the season. This would explain the decent temperatures in Australia. since it would be tilted closer to the warmth. When the seasons change again, temperatures in the southern hemisphere will go nuts. Just an idea. No scientist here,. Just woke up too.

It could be a transitional but steady shift over the years, as predicted. Or as I have read before... every heavenly body in our system, including our sun, could be experiencing the same thing which would cause even more to change at an initial point.

I'm not laying claims, just voicing the initial idea that popped into my head like everyone else. Simple weather change thread is not means to get worked up, but this is definitely something I will keep an my eyes on.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Solasis
Go read some GENUINE work on climate change, instead of those annoying excuses to make jokes about the fact that it's still snowing and say "Hurr hurr, Al Gore's an idiot".

Al Gore is an idiot whether it snows or not.

I second that, He was blaming the U.S. for the warming while he stood in front of a sat map showing thermal hot spots across the world. He had the Gaul to say that as half of South American and Africa were on fire from deforestation lighting up the whole map.

I'm just north of Tampa and we had snow-sleet this morning.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Sky watcher]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If you compare the winter tempreture of north america to Australia ,there is no comparison at all.The winter tempretures in Australia are nearly totaly different to the winter tempretures in north america.The average tempreture in Australia in winter would be 5 dregrees.The average tempreture in north america would be like -15.There is a big difference here.I do think its because Australia is the dryest continent.Some other factors are at play here.Its just seems like each winter the northern hemeshare winters are getting colder and the southern hemeshere winters are getting warmer.Last summer in south australia they got tempretures above 42 dregrees for more than seven days in a row.I do not know if the northern hemphere summers are getting hotter either.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by GORGANTHIUM]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its +85' F here in Hawaii. I'm wondering if I will need to go get firewood to survive this cold spell

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Its a cold and wet 11 Celsius in Metro Vancouver right now outside the window. This weather is quite strange, case in point, here is a picture that's been on BBC for the past day showing a satellite image of the British Isles COMPLETELY covered in white. It is amazing.

No end of winter in UK

As somebody mentioned Day After Tomorrow above, this picture of Britain looks like it could've been taken out of a deleted scene.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Yes it hasnt been this cold in a long time, I live in south fl and its 5:35 pm 40 degrees. Its snowing in some parts of fl which hasnt happened in over 10 years.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join