It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican President in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Kerry wins the election, and through no fault of his own, just by statistical odds, another major terrorist attack happens in the US. Republicans manipulate Americans fears and gain the Presidency back.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's a similar one:

Kerry wins the 2004 election, and immediatly slashes defense and intelligence funding. A terrorist attack occurs. Republicans shake their fingers, say "I told you so", and win back the presidency in 2008.

It's all a matter of point of view.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
How about this:

Kerry wins the election and soon after, during a televised speach, his face falls of and his robotic innards are revieled. A mass prejudice against robots begins and Ross Periot makes the claim that he is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. George Bush has been found wandering the Florida everglades and as it turns out the tape worm that was pressing against his brain, making him and idiot, has taken over control of his body. The economy has declined to a dangerous degree and the only one with enough money to run for office is Ronald McDonald.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
There will not be a G.O.P. in its current form by 2008. There are too many sensible Americans to allow the crime and corruption to continue.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
2004 left-winged liberal Kerry is still right of center
2008 Nader gets elected.
Raises taxes (tax cuts only make the country go further and further into debt).
Cares about schools and housing expecially for the poor.
Supports Economic, Social, Civil and Political Rights for Men AND Women of ALL races and ethnicity.
Supports industrial hemp as a renewable resource with many important fuel, fiber, food, paper and other uses.
Crackdown's on Corporate Crime, Fraud and Abuse.
Reduces the need of oil, which reduces polution and war.
Friend of the enviroment and little people.

But who cares about that?

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
republicans steal white house again in 04 and continue to manipulate the country with fear. by the time 2008 gets here they will have elminated elections all together in fear of having a 'terrorist' voted in as president. total military state.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Pual Harvey says that when polled and given the choice between Bush and Hilary Clinton 48% chose Hilary Clinton and less than that chose Bush with the rest picking neither.

Its time for a woman president... actually I think its time for women to move back in control of the governments all over the world like they used to be.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

TextNader gets elected

For some reason this Nader guy gives me a bad impresion to me he looks like a Mafia person from the 70's. All is missing is the pimp hat.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Ah yes, elect based on looks?

Have you noticed President Bush looks like a chimp?

www.bushorchimp.com...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
He may look like a chimp but I though he was retarded.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What have you been smoking Masked Avatar?
Republicans are unified by many things, above all by a genuine contempt for Democrats. The party is nowhere near coming apart- in the minds of Republicans, they haven't seen nearly as much corruption as the Clinton administration (rather or not that is true, that is how republicans see it) and the growing Neo-Con influence in the media helps them.

You have to judge this with your eyes, not with your ideals. It can be argued very strongly that both parties are due to be shaken up by their constituents and brought back to their original purposes, but neither party is too close to a breakdown.

The democrats are as close as the Republicans though. The most famous democrat in the party can't run for office, and he wont give enough support to others in his party because he WANTS them to lose, and have his wife run with no incumbent in 2008. Democrats are having to resort to illegal acts, like deserting the Texas legislature, and America sees this for what it is. People are as sick of democratic BS as they are of the republican brand.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How bout this?

The elections take place in 2004, Kerry wins. 2 months later,scientists confirm its true, the recent planetoid discovered has begun to accelerate towards earth as if it were under intelligent control.

end transmission..............

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
now thats weird,,,,my first post I have a total of 2911 points. (2+9) 11

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

1. What have you been smoking Masked Avatar?
2. People are as sick of democratic BS as they are of the republican brand.

1. Of late, decent Havanas available to discerning people anywhere in the free world.
2. Almost agree, but the brand of democratic BS is not as economically or socially damaging as the Bush disaster. The antiquated two-party system, and people arguing all day long about Democrats vs Republicans when they fundamentally represent the same interests, outlived its usefulness to the US a long time ago.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think I can confidently predict that John Forbes Kerry will not win the 2004 election. I believe, but am not certain that the next president will be Jeb Bush, brother of George W. Bush and now governor of Florida.

According to the www.onealclan.com Bible Code Newsletter:

TO NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS (group 3):

The following Torah Code messages were developed too late to be included in the May Newsletter.

The prospects previously reported, concerning this year�s presidential elections, invited a horde of angry responses and two cancellations from subscribers I don�t personally know. Most complaints were from e-mailers not on the BCN group lists, so I assume those had received copies forwarded by others.

That Newsletter reported a strong prospect, found first by this website and later by others, that George W. Bush would win reelection November 2, 2004. At that time, the President trailed in some polls, and many newspaper editorials predicted a close election in 2004, reminiscent of Year 2000.

We now have additional information from searches through the Torah Code that may further dismay Kerry supporters. The prospects for a Bush victory remain strong. Other websites indicate that during the seven months ahead, even more political surprises will develop, whether one considers himself/herself Republican or Democrat.

The hidden text, �John Forbes Kerry will bear political damage in 2004,� appears in Genesis 26:30. The plain text reads, �And he made them a feast, and they did eat and drink.�

A seemingly related encoding reads, �John Kerry will suffer self-degradation.� This crosses Leviticus 13:11, the plain text of which reads, ��and the priest shall pronounce him unclean, and shall not shut him for he is unclean.� (Kerry may be disallowed from participating in Catholic communion by Roman Catholic priests.)

And more, �John F. Kerry overstated injury/cut/sore.� The plain text in Genesis 41:11 and 42:35, where his statement crosses, reads, ��we dreamed each man according to the interpretation of his dream.�

In Genesis 50:17, the hidden text reads, �John F. Kerry exaggerated Vietnam.� The plain text reads, ��forgive, I beg you now, the trespass of your brothers, and their sin��

We offer no commentary. Make of it what you will.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
"same as it never was" -weathermen

posted on May, 29 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   

1. Of late, decent Havanas available to discerning people anywhere in the free world.
2. Almost agree, but the brand of democratic BS is not as economically or socially damaging as the Bush disaster. The antiquated two-party system, and people arguing all day long about Democrats vs Republicans when they fundamentally represent the same interests, outlived its usefulness to the US a long time ago.

We could argue the discerning nature of people who suck on a burning phallic substitute for recreation, but I'm not a psychologist so i'll leave that alone. As for the party system, I think we've found some common ground. It's definately true that the current parties are a vestige of the past political climate, and they remain only as a divisive element in a society that probably disagrees less on individual issues than many believe. Its the banding of issues into political platforms, only two of which ever gather enough financial support to be viable, which makes political parties a major hinderance and not much of an assett any longer. (the original political parties were little more than opposing sides on single issues that were absolutely critical to the path our nation would take).
Never the less, partisan politics is a reality, and it's unlikely to disappear too soon. It will take a major shakeup to change these parties, and even then I suspect that a similar system will be derived from them. The corruption won't disappear. It will just have to find a new host. Whatever we try next is going to have corruption, power struggles, and large quantities of immature behavior, just like our current system. The socio-economic balance of power could change and a new face of politics would evolve, but the basic elements that make our politics so screwed up would remain.

At the risk of coming across as an evil prick, I buy into Clausewitz' theory of war, and as a result I generally see conflict as the natural state of all things, and I'm willing to accept that and make winning my primary concern. I dont believe the political conflict can end. I'd be happy just to have my side winning, or at least a side that doesn't oppose me winning. Of course I dont know if there is any such side, because everyone's agenda is unclear.

new topics

top topics

join