It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel ReThunk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Up until a short while ago i was a person who believed in time travel as impossible due to time being nothing more than a perseption. Then I was turned on to the thaught of alternate dimensions with time staggered +1 or -1 second for each one, and these dimensions being played out all exactly the same. In this new concept pushed into my head i still believed time travel to be impossible for the same reasons as before i began to ponder inter-dimensional travel. For the idea that you can select whatever time period you want to go to that would bring up the + and -1 second dimension. and below is a sloppy visual on the idea for those who dont put things together well =]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0168424d8de.jpg[/atsimg]

Now is the hard part... turning this concept into reallity.

so anyways lets hear your thoughts and disputes.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There has been more talk about Parallel Universes recently than ever. I really think something very big is on the horizon in the very near future.

It's a fascinating subject and many theories are plausable.

g

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Parallel realities have been discussed in the media for a while. I can recall a decent NOVA special on the subject of Parallel universes aired on TV back in 2008. I was able to also find a great web site that helps to discuss the parallel universe topic.

Take a look. I hope it helps you to begin to understand that perhaps every choice or decision creates a infinite number of possibilities and outcomes.

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Everyone has their own time machine between their ears. Some have just been better at using it then others. Majority do not even know where the start button is. Prophets of old used it a lot. They even left us with descriptions of their visits. They didn't have the words to describe our world today. A paved black top road to them could only be described as a river. That is just one example. Imagine having to explain what an Apache Longbow helicopter is back over 2000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
The secret is that we assume time is measured as spatial distance under Western science.

Godel stated this about time travel -- he was presented with the "Grandfather Paradox" - you go back in time, kill your grandfather, and then you can not be born, so how could you travel back in time?

Godel answered that a person traveling in time would NOT DESIRE to change his past.

Now that seems a silly response but in fact it's literally true because the ability to travel is based on transforming your desire -- your emotions are electrochemical energy. When desire is sublimated then the brain's energy increases its electromagnetic power and light is created through the third eye.

This light, via quantum physics, can bend spacetime. Now in science you have to have technology to "measure" the time travel -- but if it's through pure consciousness then it's not defined by language.

We assume that consciousness is language but it's actually light -- and when the phase of light is reversed then time is reversed.

Chomsky even admits that if humans didn't have the I-thought hard-wired into us then we could have super power perceptions like how other animals can see x-rays or see magnetic fields, etc.

How do animals know how to migrate even though they were never taught the exact location on the other side of the planet -- some think this ability is some how hard-wired but others do not.

Actually there is a quantum communication -- faster-the-light -- so it's very possible to have precognition.

I had a dream that came true in great detail three years later! That's time travel. I woke up at 2:30 am and my dream had been MORE VIVID than being awake. I wrote my dream down in great detail -- and it was a very specific, unusual dream, and then I wrote that I thought the dream was predicting the future!

3 years later I was staring at this newspaper photo and I got this strange feeling. Without knowing why the next day I drove to my parents and took out my old journal and I started reading through it -- WHAM -- I came across my journal entry and it was exactly the same as the dream.

My activist friends were on the top of a roof of a house, holding a banner, with Native Americans, to stop the logging of a forest in the city.

Now that's a very specific dream -- there's no way it could be a coincidence.

Since then I've had precognitive dreams probably a dozen times. Read this book transcendentdreaming.com... for a lady who has studied her amazing time travel dreams -- but they are more than just time travel.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
well, i have pretty much the same idea, of time-travel being impossible per 'time' being a perception

but what i do believe could be a time travel is the images in your head, that comes as a 'future visions' basically - where you see your-self going it is where you will be, as for past travel- i don't know, you might experience 'past' if you travel (physically) back to your house when you were child or something.

i don't think there is such machine that could transform you to the 'past' so you could see your parents 'young looking' or something. you can do it with your head tho, dunno, like your concept

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
We can travel through space with our minds as well. Thanks for sharing.

reply to post by angelx666

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alt.conspiracy.ufo

Time is a expansion (changes in energy and matter). Existence is energy and matter created by a compression that is now expanding back to what it used to be.

To time travel a second into the future. You would have to be able to beat every change in energy and matter before they actually occur within that second.

In your picture of explanation. I see this equation to where you have put your path to travel.

In this equation -5 + 9 you have more then one equality. You have one for the answer +4 and one for +-10.

You have chosen to travel to the other equality that we dont see. Which is +-10. In other words you have just chosen to travel to a different reality that we dont see.

-5 + 9 = 14 elements in total

-5 + 9 = +4 in our reality.

But this is the path you have chosen to travel to: -5 + 9 =+- 10
This is the path you dont want to travel -5 + 9 = 4

You cant travel them both at the same time to see the common reality. Because of the expansion in elements.

If you chose to travel the path of +-10 you wont be able to observe +4 (our reality). just like we cant see +- 10 in our reality without measuring devices.

If you want to beat reality +4. You would have to figure out how you would pass through the next equation that +4 meats as soon as its created from -5 + 9. Without interfering with the expansion of the new equation.

This is what i mean:

-5 + 9 = 4.
4 will now enter a new equation of expansion. 4 will enter a new atmosphere of new and old elements. So it can become something new.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Entropy is the most common way of thinking about time but if you have a nonlinear recursive system which is open then you get "negentropy."

Statistically negentropy is not as common but it does happen. For example water is now proven to be a

"quantum macromolecule" J.P. Finney is a good physicist on this topic, as is Dr. Mae-Wan Ho or Dr. Rustom Roy.

As water expands in size through cooling you'd think there would be an increase in entropy but the opposite happens -- water self-organizes.

It's also similar to Van de Waal forces enabling water to climb up inside trees -- through surface tension.

Anyway the point being that time can reverse itself -- and in quantum physics there is a "group wave" and a "pilot wave" -- the pilot wave has been proven to be superliminal -- faster than light. Only it can only be measured after the fact.

So science is limited since it has to rely on technology but in quantum physics you can still logically infer that information communicates instantaneously -- once the photons have been entangled.

So by working through pure consciousness then time travel is possible.

Here's another writer who had precognitive dreams and then proposed a theory of time working at different speeds which could be accessed through nodal points. This is similar to how resonance works -- essentially the future that we can predict is the working out of our subconscious desires.

So in the end time is an illusion -- even quantum physicist Julian Barbour has a book called "the End of Time" predicting future quantum physicists creating a Platonic Realm where the past and future are overlapping, with only eternal spacetime as existence.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Electromagnetic fields could help i guess.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yeah that's a good one -- and then there's the circulating laser time-travel scientist -- Spike Lee is going to make a movie about him:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

Everyone has their own time machine between their ears. Some have just been better at using it then others. Majority do not even know where the start button is.

Do you?

I am not being rude; it's a genuine question.
And if you do, I know I would love to hear more about it.

But the example that follows gives me the impression - I may be wrong - that you're actually referring to clairvoyance.
Accessing that (hypothetical, but in my view highly probable) common "pool" of imagery and knowledge that transcends time is immensely fascinating, of course, but it does not constitute "time travel" proper - at least not in my opinion.

Originally posted by drew hempel
Godel stated this about time travel -- he was presented with the "Grandfather Paradox" - you go back in time, kill your grandfather, and then you can not be born, so how could you travel back in time?

Godel answered that a person traveling in time would NOT DESIRE to change his past.

That's a moot point anyway, and has been for the last 50+ years.
In the "many worlds" interpretation there is no such paradox: he COULD not change it, even if he wanted to. He would be accessing one of the (hypothetical) infinite "parallel" timelines.

But I understand what you're saying; and I do believe that such a feat would most likely obliterate more than just the naive desires and regrets that people have.

And those are some very interesting cues you've offered.

Linguistics is much more responsible for our view of the world, including its apparent limitations, than even most linguists suspect - let alone "lay" people...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What if time travel is like reloading a game from a save point? There is no grandparent paradox in this case.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
O.K. I'll give you another example. A couple weeks ago I was on a walk with my brother-in-law visiting for xmas. As we walked down this gravel road with no one around suddenly he started telling me this story about when he walked across a beaver dam and then a beaver swam up right next to him -- huge 200 pound beaver.

Now when he's telling me this story suddenly I get this really strange feeling of deja vu -- as if I was in a hologram -- as if my brother-in-law had already told me this exact same story, in the exact same locale.

Now I know that people do that -- I'm sure this has happened to you where you are in the same location with the same person and then the person brings up the same topic in the same way they did when you both were in that same place before. Again as if you are in a hologram.

But as I quickly pondered this I realized that this could not be the case as I hardly ever see my brother-in-law and I knew he had never told me this story, much less on this road. So then I just brushed the feeling of deja vu aside and I completely forgot about that line of thinking.

Then a few days ago -- maybe a week or two after it had happened -- I suddenly woke up from sleep and I remembered that I had dreamt of the EXACT SAME situation. I had a dream about a year ago or maybe two years ago of walking down a gravel road in the winter, in the country side, with my brother-in-law, and he tells me about this huge beaver he had a close encounter with.

Now why would I remember that I had this dream? Because when I had the dream I distinctly remember after waking up thinking "Why did I have this dream?" Usually when I wake up I know why I had a dream -- because of various subconscious associations from the previous day. But that dream was totally different and I could see no reason for having it. That's why I REMEMBERED having that dream.

Not only that but I've had, counting now, close to half a dozen -- yes this is the SIXTH precognitive dream I've had about my sister and her family. My sister lives on the East Coast so I rarely see her and when I do it's always an emotional or at least memorable experience.

My theory is that our memories are emotional imprints -- just like a photograph -- we perceive light but it's stored as a chemical imprint inside our bodies.

Only this can work in reverse -- our subconscious can tap into future emotional experiences because our soul is pure light which can bend spacetime. So during our dreams we can tap into future experiences which resolve our subconscious desires.

Science works through symmetric equations of axiomatic logic but the emotions work through complementary opposites -- or associations. Daniel Tammet makes this point for his genius learning -- he relies on synaethesia which combines color, emotions, and geometric shapes -- right brain thinking. Music is also right brain dominant -- nonwestern music. The logic violates the commutative property -- so 2:3 is C to G and 3:4 is G to C. This is the same as the time-frequency uncertainty principle in quantum logic as well. Only Western science has to translate the quantum logic back into symmetric math because you need the technology to do the measurements. Pure logical inference of the I-thought connects to formless awareness as consciousness which then creates light by bending spacetime.

reply to post by Vanitas

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Time travel is impossible because we as a race have totally got the concept of time itself wrong.
If it were so possible, do you not think that key moments in the past would be a little over crowded with time tourists.
The US government would DEFINATELY use it as a weapon and for black op's, and we as a species are just to stupid to keep to any protocols regarding time travel.
Some fool would definitely go back just to kill Jesus at birth say, or Einstein.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

That is very fascinating but if we are talking about multi dimmensional travel then it would be a completely different world we were in although an exact replica. so you could kill your grandfather and it would have no effect on 'you' as yourself but the you from that dimension would never be created and thus makinging anohter string of dimensions including this outcome. so yes that is what is made clear in the butterfly story but not in this perspective of time travel. and thank your for reading im back now to post more after my hard day of work XD

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

and to your post angel. if time travel were a virtual reality type exhibit then you would be limited on where you could go there would be walls set forth that are solid the only way for that to work is if you took everyones memories and ran them together in a simulation style 'game'.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
O.K. this doctor dreamt about her dad's death but she actually EXPERIENCED IT -- she MERGED with her dad -- when he died -- but in her dream. The next day she was informed of her dad's death -- just as she had dreamt it.

So she traveled in time in the sense that she knew ahead of time but she also traveled in space -- but it was not her mind nor her body that traveled. It was pure light awareness which became and joined into her father.

So it's not multiple replications -- it's ONE light which is a holograph -- like an electron-photon -- but because of time-frequency uncertainty the more we try to measure the spatial time (the frequency) the less we know the actual time without space.

www.youtube.com...

www.transcendentdreaming.com...

Einstein was correct about spacetime and quantum physics but Einstein claimed that light has mass with it. In fact light does not have mass -- it has momentum -- and that's the secret to understanding spacetime travel.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Very nice thought a little hazy as to what your are speaking of at first but was able to put together at the end. the story kinda threw me off, it semmed like you were talking about more of a psychic experience then time travel.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
What if time travel is like reloading a game from a save point? There is no grandparent paradox in this case.

Exactly.

Perhaps, just Perhaps.. Paradoxes never existed or could exist a way to erase them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join