It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP senators write Obama letter objecting to alleged bomber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

GOP senators write Obama letter objecting to alleged bomber

thehill.com

More than 20 Republican senators wrote a letter to President Barack Obama on Friday objecting to the administration’s decision to try terror suspect Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab in civilian courts.

The GOP senators want the 23-year-old Nigerian accused of trying to bomb a Northwest Airlines jet tried in military courts and declared an enemy combatant. By bringing Abdulmutallab before a judge and allowing him to face charges, critics say, the administration is missing an opportunity to interrogate him more thoroughly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Let's see if any Democrat legislators sign on to this....Mirandizing a non US citizen after an attempted terrorist act is insanity.....Now, the administration is claiming they got a lot of intel before he quit talking and asked for a lawyer. What could we have gotten without a Miranda warning?

Although it is far too late to undo this, who commanded this? Was it DHS on their own? Was it local LEO's? Where did the instructions come from?

thehill.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

Yes and Obama is already whining about it.
He wants us to stop bickering while he runs the nation into the ground.
Obama better start saying "we are at war" in his head all day long.
We are being attacked by terrorists not criminals.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So I guess Cheny got his buddies together to say lets make Obama waterboard this guy by writing him a letter. Well he served with Bush there term is over and good riddens to them. Maybe in three years they can try and get another water boarding president in but for now they can just stick there thumbs up there a** and spin.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You guys must really trust the govt and their subservient MSM lackeys if you take their word for it about who is guilty of being a terrorist, and who isn't.

With the US govts track record on truth telling, or lack thereof, why would any sane person give them unconditional credibility? Anyone think the US govt establishment doesn't lie for political reasons? anyone?.. bueller, bueller anyone...

Lets not support stripping people of rights and summarily tossing them into a kangaroo court based on the word of the govt, eh?... that would be lame, and for you patriots.. "un-American". One thing thats supposed to make this place so great is the idea the govts word alone isn't good enough to punish people.

You guys who support this type of govt behavior would have loved mother russia and nazi germany.. where people who the govt said were a threat to the fatherland were punished because the party and their leader were given undeserved credibility by das sheeple.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

We are being attacked by terrorists not criminals.

Do you know WHY we are being attacked by terrorists?

Take your time.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Because they hate our freedoms. What did I win?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Because they hate our freedoms. What did I win?

Good one.

----------------------------------
Who cares why?
I want all of the Yemen terrorists killed.
It's either them or us.
I say kill them.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Have you noticed the race in Massachusetts is tightening???
Brown might win!
Why???
Team Obama has us on the Wrong Track!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Who cares why?

Well for someone who seems to have a VAST knowledge of the political and foreign environment....I thought you might care.

We've been meddling around the middle east for decades...funding various militia and extremist groups to basically do our bidding. The first Bush convinced the Saudi's to allow our troops to stay in their country after the Gulf War..for the first time ever.

They attack us because we are there Eurisko. They didn't just decide to attack us because they don't like us. We continue to escalate the war and it only makes more terrorists as we can't seem to not kill innocent people with our drone strikes. We've kept corrupted governments in power...funded drug dealers....funded groups that kill innocent people.

But why do you care? You've got it all figured out don't you. I'd like each dead person...soldiers, innocent women and children...be brought to your doorstep so you can mutter WHO CARES WHY.

At the pace we are going...the war will be here. Our rights will be stripped away and for what?

So the rich can continue to line their pockets? The war is right because they told you so?

You are not only close minded...but you are so blinded by your own BS that most of your arguments don't even make sense. Your replies rarely answer the questions given.

And btw...why do you keep telling me about Obama? Do you think I support him? LOL

Team Obama has us on the Wrong Track!

You think? I thought everything was going fine!

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by habu71

BTW, i found your location thanks to Google Earth.
- Sanibel Island, Florida -

I'll bet its warm down there right now.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I have been somewhat confused from the moment we found out the CIA and others were kidnapping terrorist suspects as to why if they are such hardcore terrorists why anyone would allow them to live beyond the point of a good interrogation. They either know something or they don't. If they don't reveal any secrets under water boarding and the such and since they are such hard cases, how hard would it of been to give these hardened terrorist the swim with the fishes routine or a bullet in the head while they sleep. Not hard at all and therein lies a clue. The clue that someone wants them alive for some ulterior motive that has nothing to do with ethical and moral behavior.

Keeping these so called hardcore terrorist imprisoned seems counter to what should really be done to them when we are thoroughly convinced they don't know anything else or have nothing else to confess or inform about. Since the administration and the media is always saying these prisoners are so hardcore that we should never let them out. They also claim that if released they would kill again with no hesitation. If that is the case, then a quiet death that no one knows about could have been provided but it wasn't.

Since the administration has made a decision to detain them indefinitely and keep them alive, then it also stands to reason that someone somewhere wanted the controversy associated with the prisoners as an attempt to undermine the judicial process, anger Americans, the military, the legislators and our allies across the world while distracting everyone from the fact that the whole prisoner issue is a circus begin run by clowns hopeful that the audience is too dumb to know what is really going on.

I see the potential for this whole discussion to be nothing but a disinformation operation that distracts the public and undermines any noble treatment of prisoners that anyone might have. That's my concern. I hope I am wrong, but every time the prisoners are used in the media it screams of disinformation and a distraction to what we really should be focusing on. With our eyes and focus on the prisoners we don't see or discuss the Obama failures which are stacking up higher than a big boys stack of pancakes. Add the benefit of angering the public, the military, and undermining the judicial process while angering our Muslim and Arab allies and soon it becomes clear that this whole prisoner issue is just a deception of the worst kind.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

That STILL doesn't change anything!
They want to murder innocent american citizens on our airlines.
I say kill them before they kill us.
-----------------------------------------------
We kept corrupt governments in power?
Are you kidding me?
Half of all the governments on Earth are corrupt.
When one is removed it is usually just replaced by another corrupt leader.
Bush probably got involved over there because of the oil.
- National Interests -
The rich are lining their pockets???
The rich have been getting richer since before the birth of Jesus Christ.
------------------------------------------------
I think you are missing the big picture.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

WHY

Sign up. I'm sure there are plenty of soldiers who are on their 5th or 6th deployment that would love to have you in their place.

We kept corrupt governments in power? Are you kidding me? Half of all the governments on Earth are corrupt.

How many innocent people have died as a result of our foreign policies?

Yet you are always "Rah Rah...Republicans 2012!"

That's ok? Didn't work out well...gas is nearly 3.00 a gallon..but I'm sure you don't know why that is anyway...nor do you care.

I'm sure that will comfort the 17 million people that don't have a job right now. Maybe you should go tell each one of them.

Look in a mirror and tell that to yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Innocent people are dying right now under Obama.
His predator drones are killing people over there as we speak.
Obama is killing them and the terrorists without a trial.
---------------------------------------------------------------
It's not a perfect world.
As a matter of fact, it's a mess.
If the USA were to completely disappear it would be even worse.
Think about it.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Innocent people are dying right now under Obama. His predator drones are killing people over there as we speak. Obama is killing them and the terrorists without a trial.

Yes...the same thing he criticized before being elected. He made anti-war speeches while he was sending drones out killing innocents. Obama has been an utter failure on foreign policy because it's basically the same as Bush's.

If the USA were to completely disappear it would be even worse.

And that's the road we are on Eurisko. The country is bankrupt yet we fight a war we will not win and can't possibly finance.

The backs of the middle class...the very thing that gives this country it's power...is being broken.

You need to open your eyes.

It's not a perfect world. As a matter of fact, it's a mess.

The middle east was a wreck long before we first had an American step in any country there...and it will be long after. The USSR collapsed for the same exact thing we are doing now...what you claim you fight for is causing it's own destruction.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

That STILL doesn't change anything!
We kept corrupt governments in power?
Are you kidding me?
Half of all the governments on Earth are corrupt.
- National Interests -
The rich are lining their pockets???
------------------------------------------------

[edit on 9-1-2010 by Eurisko2012]

I guess you don't even know anything about the terrorist.
en.wikipedia.org...

Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (also referred to as Umar Abdul Mutallab and Omar Farooq al-Nigeri; born December 22, 1986, in Lagos, Nigeria)[3] is a Nigerian citizen who is reported to have attempted to detonate explosives hidden in his underwear in a Christmas Day, December 25, 2009, terrorist attack on Northwest Airlines Flight 253, en route from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan.[

His father is Alhaji Umaru Abdul Mutallab.

en.wikipedia.org...

Alhaji Umaru Abdul Mutallab (born December 15, 1939) is a Nigerian business and banking leader, and former government minister. He played a major role in introducing Islamic banking into Nigeria.

He was described by The Times in 2009 as being "one of the richest men in Africa", by The New York Times as "among Nigeria’s richest and most prominent men," by The Telegraph as being "one of Nigeria's most prominent bankers", and by The Guardian as being "one of the country's most respected businessmen".[1][2][3][4]

hHis father is the rich and a politician. Imagine the backlash if we murdered his son with no proof or sent him off some where to be waterboarded on a horse ranch some where.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I wonder how other countries handle it when people blow up stuff.
For example, what does...

Russia
China
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Yemen

etc. do?

Summary execution?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I wonder how other countries handle it when people blow up stuff.
For example, what does...

Russia
China
Iran
Saudi Arabia
Turkey
Yemen

etc. do?

Summary execution?

Good point.
Saudi Arabia broke the AQ back in Saudi Arabia. It wasn't pretty but
they got the job done.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, you're making sense about the middle class.
America is magic because we have a financially strong middle class.
It still is strong.
We have a few ways to pay off the $12 Trillion national debt.
Don't get so depressed. We have the technology and the means to solve
all of our problems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join