It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did they find altlantis at the south pole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
its been bugging me for some time now about a strange anomolly they photographed from space. its hundreds of feet below the ice at the southpole and fits the discription of platos city of atlantis. i have seen a picture of it on a tv show, but have not been able to locate it on the net. i know alan hope had something to do with it. can anyone help.

d1k

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I would be very interested to see this photo...

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i would to they have flashed it a couple of times on serious documentries about the origins of atlantis and when i looked i found referance to the image but was unable to get the links. it was a while ago and i have lost those links now. took me ages last time and i came up with nothing. i thought maybe you guys might know something.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
No, they didn't find Atlantis at the South Pole. Plato said it was to the East, and around the Pillars of Hercules. These are two well-known landmarks on the Rock of Gibraltar... and Antarctica was never lurking around the Atlantic/Mediterranean (even on a holiday.)

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
fair play byrd but i was only asking and i said his description of the city not its location.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hi kode, I looked around the web and all I could really find are these links on the subject. Strange stuff about the new microbes they found.
The other article shows a satellite photo of the lake. Though these articles are old it makes me wonder what is going on there now. I will try to see if I can find something newer.

science.nasa.gov...

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I can't see how you could write off Byrd's point just because you weren't out to hear that. The fact of the matter is that Atlantis simply couldn't be in Antarctica.

However, here's something to chew on. What if Plato's Atlantis was an amalgam of several long lost locations- afterall it was written 9000 years after the fact- plenty of time to get confused. Maybe the place fitting that description IS under Antarctica, but has been attributed to the position in the Atlantic where something else existed? This is blind speculation and does not deserve belief, but I think it opens up a can of worms that perhaps ought to be fished with... Was Atlantis just one place, or is it a symbolic story or perhaps a combination of intermingled stories?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The "lake" that you're speaking about is a body of liquid water that exists several miles beneath the ice sheets of Antartica. No one can really satisfactorily explain why or how it go there. One explanation is that its warmed (from the bottom) by volcanic "heat" in some way. Another is the whole "pole shift" thing, where the idea is that Antartica was initially in a "warm" zone, w/ liquid water, and then suddenly the earth's crust somehow shifted and Antartica was shunted into the "cold" region where it is today, and somehow the freezing took place so fast that you still have this lake w/ liquid water at the bottom of it..

dz

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I remember reading about that lake.

They're in a wicked loophole with it. That lake has been apart from mankind for so long, yet they want to investigate it. To investigate though would bring all our microbes to it and ruin whatever was able to survive that long without our diseases and get rid of anything we'd want to find.

Kind of a pain in the butt

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Yeah, they are drilling into it (miles deep) with special robotic bit that will do all the testing down there. Others claim that it will still be contaminated by the drill bit and any particles that fall down the shaft.

Interesting stuff.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Lake Vostok. They've drilled down to about 2-300 feet from the lake. Using it also as a test bed for technology to be used for the Europa Probe.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Here's a thread that may be relevant ... Ruins Of Kadath Found In Antarctica

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
cheers pisky that might have something to do with. its bugging me because, and you might know as you come from the land of merlin [i love tintagel] and have the same programming [almost]. the image i saw was on horizon about atlantis and g hancocks theory [although the image was not attributed to g hancock or his theory], on BBC2, and a programme on atlantis on channel 5. both times the image was pretty much flashed on the screen, and mentioned very vaguely. it was a satellite image which i thought very much matched platos description of the city of atlantis. the circular city. just like the one below. if they are hiding this, why? its not on i tell ya.
still i will be keeping my eyes on this. i think religion may have a bit to do with it, as if, they discovered something that contradicted [again] the faiths of the world, even worse, suggested that we may have come from outer space, it would shatter the worlds of certain powers who would find themselves preaching a [kind of] lie. maybe, just a thought. and of course the satellite image may have been a hoax. all the same it was intriguing.

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, I looked around and I found some links on Alantis TV and others. I don't know whats going on here but Atlantis TV first says they have proof. (See Pisky link) Now they are denying it.?? The CEO of Atlantis TV wrote a book about it, stating that it is purely fiction.

Now I don't know what is down there, but I think things are very fishy. If you read my last post, the links talked about the discovery of new microbes. There are doctoer who are becoming sick and they are bring in new ones to replace them. Now I am just speculating, but what could the new microbes do to us? Is there a chance that they could make us ill? It just seems like something is being covered up here one way or another.

www.lantis.tv...

www.70south.com...

www.lantis.tv...

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There�s a strange coincidence. Satellite images of Atlantis as shown in Hyperen post. This is not the satellite photo that I saw on TV, which matched more, accurately the shape of Plato�s city of Atlantis and which was seen under the ice. The picture I saw could have been a hoax, but I don�t think so although I still haven�t located the image. Still searching. I would really like to hear from anyone who saw that image on British TV. Like I said the image was flashed on the screen if you wasn�t watching you could have easily missed it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-6-2004 by kode]

new topics

top topics

join