It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The war on terror! What terror?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The War on Terror is the biggest conspiracy against the free world that has happened!

There is no war on terror apart from what politicians tell us. It is a fabricated nonsense constructed by politicians and even now I don't exactly know why they have come up with this TERROR?

Acts of Terrorism have occured for centuries, but now for some reason politicians have demonised bomb plots on aeroplanes. I really wish I knew exactly why? What is their mandate?

A Month ago a woman jump over a barrier and knocked over the pope. Surely in the eyes of the Islamic terrorists he is the leader of the infidels? If not the leader of the infidels he is a huge politcal target.

If a woman can jump a barrier and knock the man over how come a terrorist organisation haven't thought of detonating a suicide bomber when the pope walks past!

More people use subways to get to work than they fly airlines! So why aren't suicide bombers setting off a device every day on the subway? There are not body scanners on the subway not even ID checks!!!

Why do terrorists not detonate suicide bombers in packed shopping centres?

We are being constantly told that terrorist are relentless killing machines willing to sacrafice their own lives to kill "free" westerners.

Why o Why would a terrorist organisation, that is supposidly able to destroy our way of life, try to blow up a plane? It is the most controlled form of transport! There are hundreds of options available to offer an equally large death toll!

Just think of how many people would have died if on Obama's inaugaration there was just 4 suicide bombers in the crouds of millions! There was no body scans, pat downs or anything else!

I really do not understand why so few people realise that this war on terror amounts to nothing!

Please discuss.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just for reference I'd like to know if my post if of interest to people wishing to discuss

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The terrorist are not very creative if all they can do is spend time only getting onto airplanes rather than many other things.. I had a obvious way they could cause damage but I dont want to give anyone ideas but if you think about it they do not have to only board planes. So i want to add in addition.... I am no terrorist.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by zeuseadam]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You make alot of good points. I agree with what your saying it seems that most so called terrorist are acting for the goverment. It would seem easyer for them to blow up a train or a shopping mall. All these terrorist acts i think have been false flag attacks the goverment is just trying to scare us out of our freedoms. Good thread

[edit on 8-1-2010 by gtasa234]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This is a topic that I thought about quite a bit in the months following 9/11. Initially, following that day, I was in the same boat as many others in that I assumed that the WTC had indeed been attacked by these so-called terrorists. But as time went by and I began to think and ask questions of my assumptions, then I started to "wake up".

I came to the conclusion that the biggest culprits of terrorism in the world are none other than the very governments who claim to be fighting it. Think about it. The American government and, sadly, the military, are instilling terror into millions of people around the world. Their fear mongering knows no borders. I surely would not want to live in the Middle East, having to worry that I may be the target of some fictitious accusations merely because of my heritage, or that my home may be in the cross hairs of a military objective. And then there are those of us who live in the States. I'm sure there are many Americans of Middle Eastern descent who have been subject to ridicule and fear thanks to the "War on Terror". Meanwhile, the rest of us have to deal with the uncertainty of a future as we watch our rights being taken away. All this so that so that the world can be a better, safer place, or that's what we're supposed to believe.

My belief has always been that the vast majority of people are good, and that they don't wish to do harm to others. But there is that small remainder who will do anything and everything they can in order to reap some form of profit. Sadly, a lot of those selfish people are politicians, and they will stop at nothing to further their own agendas, garner more voter support, and pad their wallets, even if it means fabricating fear and terror into those of us who want nothing more than to live our lives in harmony. What a crap hole of a world we live in, all thanks to that small minority of self-serving, deceptive, bastards who took an oath to serve the people and see to their best interests.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have an interesting question i'd like to ask some of you.

How many of you think that its possible that Al Queda and Bin Laden etc are things/people that our own Government created?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The only terror i see is what they play on the news. terror this terror that, attacks imminent in next 100 days... blah blah blah.

That's the real terror, having people telling you to be terrified.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I'm going to start off with a personal story, it may seem off-topic at first, but I promise there is a point...

I grew up Caucasian in Detroit. My grandmother lived in fear of the crime she would hear non-stop on the Police Scanner she had running 24/7. As such, she would beg and plead my parents to never let me so much as walk to the corner store alone.

One day when I was about 7 years old my grandfather asked me if I was scared to walk to the store alone. I told him I didn't understand why I would be scared. He smiled and gave me $2.00 (back when candy was .05 and a soda was a quarter) and told me he would keep my grandmother distracted while I walked the two or three blocks there and two or three blocks back again.

I had to pass through a rough neighborhood to get to the corner store. However, I wasn't afraid. I made it there and back without any difficulty.

After that I spent a lot of time walking just about everywhere I could. I would walk to friend's houses, or half-way across town, or down to the river, or to the Park, whatever. On even the streets of Detroit I had only been bothered once and I just started arguing aloud to myself and I was left alone, the gang no doubt thinking I was a basket case or invalid. (I might have gotten beat up at school a lot, but on the streets, not once.)

The point of this personal story is that if you live a life of fear, you miss out on life. If you give in to fear you make yourself a target to be preyed upon. If you have no fear and chose to live your life regardless of risk, then chances are, predators will target someone else.

There are monsters in the world. They do exist. However, despite how many times you hear about them on the news, they are statistically very rare (i.e., the number of suspected Al-Qaeda members in Yemen compared to their population is less than .0000002%. That's not even enough to hold a decent party!). Even before Homeland Security and the TSA, you had a astronomically higher chance of dying in a Plane Crash due to weather, pilot-error, or mechanical failure than you do dying in Plane Bombing due to Terrorism. Even before all our security measures we sacrificed a good deal of our Liberties for, you had a greater chance of drowning in a bowl of soup, or in your own vomit than being a victim of Terrorism.

I don't hear the Government or MSM telling us that we are in a War on Pilot Error or a War on Campbell's Soup, yet dramatically more people die a year from either of those things than from Terrorism!

So what do we do?

Should we live in fear and never leave our houses, let alone board an airplane? Where would the fun in that be? Or should we live our lives without fear, and let the Terrorists be damned?

Listen, if I could walk past gangs in the bad side of Detroit as a white 7 year old boy and not be the least bit afraid, then I certainly could handle dealing with the looming threat of Terrorism without being afraid.

Besides, the War on Terror is a farce. Our government wanted to justify a long and costly invasion and war without justification. A war needs an enemy so someone had to be made a villian, but a villian is not enough to justify an unprovoked war as even the greatest of villians can be captured and brought to trial and or redeemed. To justify a war you must have an enemy you can demonize who is unredeemable. To drag out the war, they must be uncatchable. A mythical, non-existent enemy that is potentially everywhere, or potentially could be anyone, who will never be caught or defeated, allows our government to invade whatever country they want this week and a different country next week, and be able to do this indefinitely. They might as well called it a War on the Boogeyman or the War on Ninjas.

However, the person who mentioned that if someone truly wanted to create Terror, it could be done so much more creatively and massively was correct. Using just common objects found in the average house, with only High School Chemistry and Biology, who is smart enough to be able to read CDC Operations Manuals, and with a devious mind, patience, and no morals or respect for human life, could wipe out millions of people and never put his own life at risk and probably never get caught. However, there are thankfully very few monsters who have that little respect for human life, and they seem to prefer a more up-close and personal touch to their mass murdering (or just got jobs in either the Military or Politics). After all, even Terrorists have families and aren't entirely sociopathic. They are misguided extremists willing to kill for a cause, not to kill for pleasure or just to see if they can beat last week's kill streak. They are frustrated and feel powerless and believe they have no other way for their voice or their cause to be heard. If Terrorism was about achieving the highest possible body count, we would have been extinct long ago and our Homeland Security wouldn't have been able to save us.

Listen, if the government and MSM are telling you to be afraid, don't listen and instead think for yourself. You don't need to be afraid of anything. Fear is the mind-killer. Just live your life and be good to other people. What will happen is going to happen, and nothing you or anyone else does is going to change that. Worry about the things in life you can personally change, not the things in life that you cannot.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Magic
I have an interesting question i'd like to ask some of you.

How many of you think that its possible that Al Queda and Bin Laden etc are things/people that our own Government created?

Well it's official and quite well-known that Al Queda was founded, funded and trained by the CIA. As the story goes they then later (after having served the CIA for quite a number of years) decided to go bad.

I'm not so sure about that. Seems to me that they might still very well be working on orders from the powers that be to give them (the powers that be) an excuse to increase defence budgets, commit warfare in various countries and to generally make life harder and more uncomfortable for the average citizen for reasons of control and power.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by moniker

Beat me to it - It's not "likely", it's a forgone conclusion.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Everyone's a terrorist nowadays.

It gives TPTB unlimited power if everyone's a terrorist even if they are the real terrorists.

War on terror... Pffft. They sure pulled off a good one.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The plan to produce many terrorists by killing innocent families and other atrocities didn't seem to work. Either those who should have sought revenge decided to forgive, or they just couldn't get it together to fight back.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've never understood this concept, war on terror.. and the fear that it is supposed to inspire in sopciety that needs all these draconian meassure to keep us SAFE.. safe from what and whom I really would like to know.

I'm as likely to be blown up in my little rural town on teh Southdowns as I am anywhere else. I call a hoax on the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
When the day comes that a nuclear weapon is detonated in a large urban area, or when a highly toxic pathogen is released in a heavily populated area, all in the name of "freedom fighters" or a "holy war", my suspicions are those very same people who lament about a supposed lack of freedoms, and an "invented" war on terrorism will quickly change their tune and join in with the vast masses or blame seekers who will quickly charge the government with incompetency.

No one says that you must live in fear. However, in the face of well-organized and well-funded believers who desire to kill us to satisfy their god, we must be prepared to take steps and remain vigilant against this threat. Sometimes that means that the steps taken are uncomfortable, cumbersome, and restrictive. It is a price we pay, so we can sit around on our fat rear ends, eat cheap food, use expensive computers to chat on the internet, and take for granted the good lives we all have........

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am wondering about this www.terror-alert.com...

It's makes absolute no sense to make panic to the normal people while the real terrorist are warned because of this terror warning are all over the world in the Newspapers and TV Stations. What will this kind of acting help for the war against terrorism ?

I can't get this seriously, sorry. I have only a big

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Skeptics always crack me up. Shows pure empiracle thinking. No room for pragmatic dynamics or knowledge, just skepticism based upon the 5 senses, like a baby discovering their feet. I suppose that makes people feel secure, that some higher power who is omnpotent has the ability to control all the forces of nature and give them personal safety just by the wave of a magic wand.
There couldn't possible be a criminal organization like al Qaeda because... I've never seen them or tasted their blood or heard their threats. AQ can't possibly exist because since I can't see them they aren't real. AQ therefore must be the product of..... (insert imagination here).

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

I'm going to continue to be sceptical of responding any other way than I do right now.. As I've mentioned before I've narrowly missed 5 bomb blasts, and I didn't lose any freedoms becuase of it.. so why should I now??

When you consider that one blast in my home town was on the Prime Minister and her cabinate, and came close to being sucessful, the stark difference in approach is quite clear..

This approach to this war on terror speaks volumes of an ulterior motive, there is this other kind of deception in promoting fear that I for one am not falling for..

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Why would someone want to scare you intentionally?
Does that do someone some benefit in any manner? If so, how?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Why would someone want to scare you intentionally?
Does that do someone some benefit in any manner? If so, how?

Having read a number of your posts I understand your stance on Islam, and understand the threat you see that we face... I do not deny the possibility of a major incident.. and accept this as part of my daily life.

But I feel these terror alerts are being used by manipulative governments to achieve their own ends of control, which I find unaceptable.

The benifit they gain is a level of control that no other government has had and the ability to do what they wish.. in the name of our safety.. when you consider how close the IRA got to wiping out the government without this kind of response, it appears the government we have now is simply fear mongering for their own ends.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
The benifit they gain is a level of control that no other government has had and the ability to do what they wish.. in the name of our safety.. when you consider how close the IRA got to wiping out the government without this kind of response, it appears the government we have now is simply fear mongering for their own ends.

What exact benefit is the government gaining?
Why would the government want to scare people?
What do you think the government is trying to achieve?
Do you think police are necessary as law enforcement?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join