It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION ALL POSTERS: Posting Discretion Is Strongly Advised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Welcome posters and readers alike who may be considering posting. This website is a community driven website that features stories and topics on a wide range of venues. Some members have expressed concern that some members seem to have a motive to be unfriendly, and maybe it is a general conspiracy to oppress posters into silence.

Please be advised of the dangers of submitting your posts beforehand as there may be a general conspiracy to irritate posters here. These are the Top Ten posting advisements every poster should be aware of, prior to submitting a post. Please read with caution and you will laugh at negative responders from herein.

1) All posters may do so freely. as long as they are polite and maintain a cordial decorum, no rudeness will be tolerated. However, cynical replies are welcomed as a form of enhancing comical entertainment within a serious post.

2) All posters must be prepared for replies from fans of highly contagious television shows. Some of the replies will come from fans of Bugs Bunny cartoons, South Park fans, The Simpsons fans, Robot Chicken fans, King of the Hill fans, and other cartoon loving fans. We suspect a possibility that some mild use of marijuana may also influence many of the cartoon lovers replies here.

3) There will be replies from members who perform the delicate science of scepticism. They are not paid however, and they offer this service pro bono, to assist our community in recognizing that most of us are incapable of understanding our own perceptions. Without them, we are all but fools.

4) There will also be replies from members wishing to glorify your post by maintaining a sense of sarcasm. They are welcome to do so as this will assist them to one day become a great comedian in front of a dozen or so online readers.

5) Posters may be challenged to provide evidence from time to time by another member. Their request for proof may cost you a lot of money or possibly put you in danger, but they are God’s Chosen Ones and are worthy of your efforts.

6) Posters may be called a liar by another member. They were not present to witness a poster’s claim and have probably never met the poster they claim to be a liar, but, they are psychics with the supernatural ability to greatly enhance nothing with their startling revelation that the poster is a liar.

7) Posters may be called an idiot or delusional, but please recognize the value of these statements, as the people who form these opinions are expert analysts and rocket scientists by profession, and if you don’t believe it, just ask them. Some of them even have notes from a doctor to confirm they are top secret agents.

8) You may encounter an abusive member once in a while who whole heartedly disagrees with your post and textually snaps at you. Please do not take this personal, as the member who snaps at you is entitled to a grievance. They may suffer from post traumatic stress disorder since learning Santa Claus is not real.

9) You may feel at times, that there are many members who are collectively uniting to attack your post, but, this is a conspiracy board, so it would only make sense to believe this possibility exists. We have inside information validating this.

10) You may feel that there are government paid agents who purposely come here to disinform or agitate other members. The ATS does not concern itself with this possibility, as after reading the aforementioned 9 points, it is clearly obvious that the argumentative and sarcastic respondents here are not paid by any agency, and provide their nuisances on their own free will. Thank you and happy posting.

Old adage: “Only idiots take the time to respond to idiots”. And an idiot is merely someone who tries to provoke an argument or discredit the good intention of others.

If you have any suggestions to assist idiots with becoming a productive source of information, please add your valued contributions in forms of reply. For the idiots, please use “cartoon code words” so we can readily identify you.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Unleashed68]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You are so right. Absolutely hilarious though. I laughed so hard I cried.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
That was thouroughly enjoyable and entertaining reading!

Well done!

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him."

(Proverbs 26:4)

That's all I can add!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I thought I would try to be witty and add #11. Star for you for being comically thorough!

Thats all folks! (my cartoon code).

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
1) Hey guy. Relax. Take a rest. Trust me!
2) Don't be a bastard: don't kill Kenny, kill his argument.
3) Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm glad everyone is catching the humor. Next time you post and someone tries to berate your post as a reply, you will surely laugh rather than be instigated. If everyone was to read this, posting here will be fun whether we are ridiculed or not.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Unleashed68

What the hell? You idiot!! Number 8? Learning there is no Santa Claus?? WTF are you trying to sell here? Deny ignorance, damnit!! There IS a Santa Claus and I will berate anybody who says there ain't!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well, I just made this now ...its serious ... yep I didnt read your post, so I am breaking a requirement rule that I will just present, but, LOL, ...

requeriments to post in this board

- to have an open mind
- to not be a total negative person
- learn to read well before posting
- learn to research before posting
- to not follow any kind of FIXED idea 100% (same as 1st, lol, repetition!!)
- to have watched the movie "The Invention of Lying"

these are my requirements ...

if a person doesnt have an open mind to things, well, you need to get out of here, since: 1 - you could be crazy; 2 - you are being paid to mess up the board

if a person is too much negative, well, this person will never discuss many threads that need some kind of clear balance

if a person doesnt read the thread before posting, well, it can change the subject or make other people misunderstand the facts presented by the OP

if a person doesnt research before posting something, it could be very well a double, triple ... thread, so you would have missed multiple discussions on the same subject, so you wont learn and you may mess up with the board system, and nobody wants to read the same thing twice

well, the movie "The Invention of Lying" its not that good, but it does have some good messages in it ... that you need to at least think about it before posting here

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Well said

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
SOCK! BIFF! POW! Holy knowledge, Batman! I think this guy may be onto something!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
You failed to include in #2; The Penguins of Madagascar.
This leads me to believe one of three things:
1) an irrational dislike of my avatar.
2) King Julien intimidates you with his kinglyness.
3) you don't like penguins, with or without beaks.

Thanks for this thread, very entertaining, and I'll refer to it often.
Thanks for all your threads, I love 'em!

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unleashed68
THE SECRET TO LIFE AFTER DEATH

Recommendation to self: Discress all day if I have to...no bathroom breaks!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So what site did you steal this from? At least give it a link.

IMO BTS stuff..

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
11) Posters will from time to time post unbelievable and outrageous claims that defy all logic. You'll be required to agree with them however as it is typically wrong to disagree with ever fanatical claim.

12) You'll have people attack you for diagreeing as well. Don't worry because they are always right and it is their duty to make sure you know they are.

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Arguing on the internet is like entering the Special Olympics: Even if you win, you're still a retard!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I own all of you.
2nd line same as the first.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
13. Reading the various threads here, researching assertions made and posting your views can lead to the growth of new neurons in the brain, increasing intelligence and preventing the development of Altzeimer's.

14. Interacting with other posters on this forum can lead to the development of lasting friendships with interesting people from all around the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Thanks, I needed that.

2) All posters must be prepared for replies from fans of highly contagious television shows. Some of the replies will come from fans of Bugs Bunny cartoons, South Park fans, The Simpsons fans, Robot Chicken fans, King of the Hill fans, and other cartoon loving fans. We suspect a possibility that some mild use of marijuana may also influence many of the cartoon lovers replies here.

Those are usually the best replies.

Me, me, me, I'm the man. You? No! me, me, me.....

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
11) Posters will from time to time post unbelievable and outrageous claims that defy all logic. You'll be required to agree with them however as it is typically wrong to disagree with ever fanatical claim.

12) You'll have people attack you for diagreeing as well. Don't worry because they are always right and it is their duty to make sure you know they are.

-Kyo

I couldn't agree more, and let's not forget

- It is the responsibility of the Messiahs among us to regularly visit their threads and spam them with links to their other unrelated threads. This way they can ensure that the full message is adequately distributed among their flock.

new topics

top topics

join