It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The purpose of Islam.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This is my beliefe for the reason Islam was created, please feel free to criticize me and give your opinions on the subject. I believe the reason Islam was created was to always assure that there will be religion in the world. The religious people at the time Islam was started began to see the easing of religiousness in Christianity and Judaism and saw that as a threat to them and the world so they developed their own religion based on new laws and prophets. So they developed the Quran, a book of Islamic laws that would forever change the world. They knew that the ones who began to turn away from religion were the education + freedom = less religiousness. When become wealthy from education, in turn wealth gives you more freedom of thought and of expression so you are more open to ideas. To most religious people they are not very happy with their lives and the world and are relying on religion to fix the problem when the wealthy didn't have problems to be fixed so they relied less on religion. So the religious people of that time decided they wanted to garuntee that there will always be religion by stopping the things that encourage the acts of irreligiousness such as education and freedom. With dumb dictated people there is less room for open thought and actions so they rely on religion to fix their problems and they listen to their religious leader(dictators) to know what to do in life because they were taught to always listen(sound familiar?). So when Christianity became less and less religious as they became smarter and freer the religious leaders(dictators) in the Islamic world taught their people that the 'dumb people' are against God because they do not worship like them. So the sheeple of Islam accepted this and were outraged at the smart ones and refused to accept that knowledge by calling them the dumb ones in the world. This forever graunteed that there will be religion and dictators because the people of Islam will always stay dumb and dictated because who would dare defy the wholy book, the book of 'Allah'. But as the 'Christian world' began to become more developed many of the Islamic people migrated there but were still so staunchly religious that it stayed with them even in this developed world.

So to conclude Islam was invented to garuntee that religion will last forever because they control their people through no education and no freedom.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That seemed like a biased view on Islam. But, those are you're beliefs I suppose. I wouldn't say Christianity helped the enlightenment of the Age of Reason and other intellectual times. The Roman Catholic Church did exactly what you claimed the islamic folks were trying. Many Arabic people contributed to the knowledge of the world when the Middle Ages were underway for European superstition and religious views. To name the religion like that isn't right. But you were right that sticking to fundamental religious views will not do much good.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
From your lack of coherent sentence structure, misuse of punctuation, frequent misspellings, and general display of lack of education, then I would surmise that you must be a Muslim from your conclusion.

Perhaps you should consider that the same could be said of any dogmatic religion, Christianity included.

However, more importantly, you should consider that Islam did give the world many great advances while Christianity was wallowing in the ignorance and oppression of the Dark Ages under the same kind of Theocratic Despotism you are accusing Islam of providing.

While even the most exceptional of Medieval Europeans were still learning to read and write at the risk of being burned at the stake for committing witchcraft for doing such, Islam brought the world a Golden Age of Enlightenment, bringing us Algebra, Calculus, Spherical Trigonometry, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Medicine, Optics, Astronomy, Geology, Architecture, Chess, and even Colleges and Universities! (Although granted, they gave the world Lawyers too, so "Boo!" on them! However, since they preserved the works of Plato which had been lost to the West, we won't hold the invention of lawyers against them.)

If not for the contributions of Islam, the Renaissance, the Reformation, and the Age of Enlightenment would have never happened in the Western World and we would still be living like savages under the oppressive yoke of our Theocratic Despotism.

Please also note that current trends in some Muslim cultures to reject Westernization is a very modern movement that began in the early 20th century, and is not indicative of Islam on a whole.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

ISLAM GAVE US LAWYERS!!!

I never did like them folks, now I know why.

Stinkin lousy lawyers, it's all Allah's fault.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
All of you must assume that I am a staunch Christian or that I hate Muslims, this is 100% false. I am not Christian, I am Agnostic. I even hate Christianity the same way I hate Islam, it's just that Islam is more radical. But as you have 'kindly' pointed out, Islam has contributed greatly to world society and has given us many of the advancements that we have today which the west was never capable of doing because of the sever persecution by the Catholic church. This is why I hate religion in general, it is all lies and control, it is just people who are using the most powerful thing in the world(God) to control the masses.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Islam started in 620 AD. When the middle ages progressed Europe went into the dark ages while Islamic countries made Mathematic and Scientific advances.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Excactly, Christianity was holding back technology and the people while Islam while was developing their nations through science. Even today, Christianity still holds back scientific breakthroughs and denies people the truth.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Islam is the religion of Satan. Mohamed was Satans prophet and the Koran was inspired by Satan

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But Christian bible did change a lot. Just think befor it there was an eye for an eye and stoneing hanging on crosses. Also there was the Levites in charge and they got the best of your herd 10% of all your wealth. And that 10% "tithes" was separate for taxes you would pay to the Romans. A woman who had sex befor she was marred was put to death. And Islam offered war and jihad and common wealth where ever one shared equally they even say if you owe some one money if you don't pay it back within seven years you owed it no more.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tantalus
That seemed like a biased view on Islam. But, those are you're beliefs I suppose. I wouldn't say Christianity helped the enlightenment of the Age of Reason and other intellectual times. The Roman Catholic Church did exactly what you claimed the islamic folks were trying. Many Arabic people contributed to the knowledge of the world when the Middle Ages were underway for European superstition and religious views. To name the religion like that isn't right. But you were right that sticking to fundamental religious views will not do much good.

Actually the early Muslims were a very enlightened group of people. They built schools, observatories, and made notable advances in mathematics,cartography, and maritime exploration. Until around after 1,000 AD when Muslims became hell bent on fighting with Roman Catholics and invaded Spain and Sicily did they seem to become more barbaric. Dont get me wrong, there were wrongs on both sides of the equation and the crusades didn't help. The Jihad against christendom is centuries (millenia) old.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rlrsar
Islam is the religion of Satan. Mohamed was Satans prophet and the Koran was inspired by Satan

How was Muhammad uniting the warring tribes and helping the poor and forgotten people Satanic?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Can I make the point that Christianity did NOT hold back the advancements in Western society and science, it was the 'holy men' using their corrupted views on the religion that are the are the reason for this. Most of the worlds faiths are NOT evil, it is the warped interpretations of men that are to blame for that.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

Precisely! People always seem to blame the wrong people, the heads of churches are the evil ones and followers usually blind. The early Christians were all deliberately poor (because they believed the only way to be pure was without material possessions in the way).

Islam has got to be the same way, according to Ancient Discoveries (one of my fav shows) the arabs invented a lot of crazy # back then, they cant exactly be said to be preventing progress. But if you're meaning nowadays then yes a lot of Muslim nations are. They use perpetual poverty (like in the United States) to help their goals.

Look at Muslims in A-stan vs Muslims in Turkey. Poor and uneducated vs wealthy and educated. It makes all the difference between crazy fanatic and regular citizen.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

The Roman Catholic Church did exactly what you claimed the islamic folks were trying.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Thanks!

Eric

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
All religion is wrong. I believe in God but do not know if God exists which is why I'm Agnostic. I believe the people who wrote all holy books were not only liars but they were also good philosophers. The idea of creationism is false because it is un provable and is only human invention, if it was truly the will of God then there would be no disagreement amung religions. But evolution is also a lie because it too was created by humans, we don't truly know how life was like millions of years ago, and when we say the dinosaurs are ___ years old how do we know, years were also invented by humans so there was marked mistakes in it. As for creationism again they say God created the world in 6 days then rested on the 7th. Well please explain to me why God would actually think the same as humans and say 7 days when there was no sun to tell how long it took because you have to have the sun to create time, and what about the other universes they are not mentioned. What about the Americas, they are not mentioned in any holy book except the mormons and native americas. If it was truly God speaking to these people they would know things about our world that others did not.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EricD

The Roman Catholic Church did exactly what you claimed the islamic folks were trying.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Well, for starters, deposing rightful governments through systematic wars and assassination, and putting their own puppet despots in their place who would bow to their tyrannical Theocracy.

From as early as the 4th century, they committed almost uninterrupted acts of genocide beginning with the Albigensian Crusade.

They denied women and commoners rights, enslaved in a Fiefdom model of their devising.

From the 4th century onward they took codexes, scrolls, and books from the hands of the people and burned them or locked them away in cloistered libraries closed to all but the highest ranking clergy. At the end of the 4th century, by order of Emperor Theodosius I, the Christian Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria burned the Library of Alexandria and the Serapeum (which was the Alexandrian Archives). What they did to the Scholar Hypatia and the Platonist Academy of Alexandria is far worse, which ended the study of mathematics, philosophy, and astronomy in the West until the 15th century. From that point onward, the Church controlled education, and restricted it to the few destined for either the Clergy or for members of the secular Imperial Hierarchy. Those who learned to read or write through private tutors were oftentimes condemned of Heresy. Even St. Francis of Assisi was almost burned at the stake for no other reason than being able to read (without moving his lips no less! Clearly he must have been a witch!)!

With the uneducated masses forced into indentured servitude to the Imperial Hierarchy at the disposal of the Catholic Church, the masses were starved and kept poor through heavy taxation by the Imperial Hierarchy on one side and a system of tithes, indulgences, pardons by the Church on the other. Through the careful wielding of guilt, fear of eternal damnation, fear of persecution, the people were kept in compliance, and if that failed, the Catholic Church often would rely on the ignorance and superstition of the uneducated masses to create mass hysteria.

Having no equal, not even in the Holy Imperial Emperor, the Theocracy of Catholicism was unquestionable, able to make any act a sin and persecute, try, and sentence anyone who committed an act that opposed the Catholic Church, even if they were Nobles and Kings (and at least one Emperor). It was even considered a sin to pursue Truth, study Natural Philosophy, or even study Medicine or Child Birth because such primitive Sciences conflicted with Church Doctrine. Michaelangelo and DiVinci were almost found guilty of Heresy for dissecting a cadaver to study human form for the purpose of Art because the Church did not want people to know that inside a person was blood and bones and organs just like any other animal instead of there being a soul therein!

There are a far greater number of things that the Catholic Church has done besides that are equally as troubling. However, they are not alone. Even Buddhism, Hinduism, and Shintoism aren't without their dark past either. Same goes for Judaism, Sikhism, Jainism and Zoroastrianism. No dogmatic religion has an untarnished track record. However, neither has any governing body that was free of dogmatic religion. It may be easy to blame religion, but the blame often ultimately falls upon Human Nature as it is universal all the world round.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by fraterormus]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't agree whole heatedly with you. Every religion gets eroded over periods of time. In order for religion to remain and for all the people to acknowledge the existence of God religions are re created again and again over periods of time. Else why did we have people like the Buddha or ZoroAster or Muhammed come to earth??? Its the same teaching that was revealed at the beginnings of time that gets revealed over and over again in different ways (i.e) more or less the same truth revealed in different formats which is also given in the Quran.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has the same purpose as christianity and others...

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuteAngel
reply to post by Misoir

I wouldn't agree whole heatedly with you. Every religion gets eroded over periods of time. In order for religion to remain and for all the people to acknowledge the existence of God religions are re created again and again over periods of time. Else why did we have people like the Buddha or ZoroAster or Muhammed come to earth??? Its the same teaching that was revealed at the beginnings of time that gets revealed over and over again in different ways (i.e) more or less the same truth revealed in different formats which is also given in the Quran.

I just believe all religion is wrong, it was created by man so it is faulty and since nothing can be proven nothing can be read as truth. I believe in personal religion or spirituality, not this stuff that man made up. No body has ever known or ever will know if there truly is a God until they die, that is why people are afraid of death and pick there religions, because of their after life.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You are right. Islam was created to make sure that there would always be religion in the world. But not ANY religion.

Islam is differentiated from other religions in that there is NOTHING between the worshipper and God.

No intercessor.

No idol.

No image.

No priest.

No rabbi.

No centralized church.

Even Muslims believe that Muhammad cannot help anybody.

All prayer goes to God alone.

Also... I believe that Muhammad was a true messenger of God, and the Quran was not written by man.

Islam was brought to bring religion back on TRACK. The Jews had it right at first, but screwed it up by altering their Torah and then adding the Talmud, etc.

Jesus was a true messenger of God, but again the Christians screwed it up by altering their scriptures and altering the word (and message of God). Not to mention that they were worshiping a human.

There are countless numerical miracles in the Quran, and even a 19 based mathematical code. Google "Code 19 Quran" and see what I mean.

God brought Islam to bring religion back to what it should be.

[edit on 9-1-2010 by seattletruth]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join