It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Maiden Flight into the Alternasphere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi guys and gals.
After a lifetime spent wandering the intellectual wasteland that is mainstream society, I think I might have found a home at last.
I'm looking for lively, stimulating and challenging discussions with folk who value thinking for themselves (even though their brains may have been cooked by the CIA's latest microwave gizmo).
I'm reasonably well read in various areas such as WWII and its intelligence legacy, the cold war, social & political theory, paranormal issues and I'm becoming increasingly interested in the idea of intellectual and academic heresy. No, that's not an oxymoron as the whole Climategate debacle is beginning to prove.
I've learned not to trust the mainstream media as it seems to always leave out the most interesting and controversial stories. Funny that.
I've finished writing my first novel so I'm busy collecting rejection slips while hard at work on the second, so I'd also like to hear from those who've stumbled down the path before me. Hopefully they can help me avoid treading in something unpleasant on this dark and uncertain journey.
I'm thinking about posting some early stuff on the short story board as critique helps the skin grow thicker.
The State education system is starting to interest me a lot of late. Can it really be that rubbish by accident? But then, why would a ruling elite want kids reading the real classics of power like "The Art of War" or "The Prince". I wouldn't if I were them. Much better to tacitly encourage a Pop Idol, binge drinking, drug taking cholesterol culture than to have a fit, intelligent and ergo restive proleteriat to control.
Anyway, that's enough blurb for a first posting. If anyone has any input I'm always keen to have my brain stretched in a new direction. I'm not online all the time as I have a lot of stuff to do, but don't worry, I'll get back to folks as soon as I can.
I'll leave you with the core values of the Blackadder Manifesto. "Peace, freedom and a few less fat b******ds eating all the pie."
Your companion in paranoia,
Charles

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Welcome aboard, remember to keep hands inside the carraige at all times

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Welcome interesting read and look to reading more from you.

join