It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police attending incident on plane at Heathrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

UK police attending incident on plane at Heathrow

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - British police boarded an Emirates plane bound for Dubai at London's Heathrow airport on Friday to deal with an "incident", an airport spokesman said.

WORLD

"There's an incident ongoing on a plane at Heathrow," the spokesman said.

Police said the airport remained open and could not confirm media reports of arrests. Witnesses told Sky News that armed police had boarded the plane, due to take off around 2000 GMT (3 p.m. EST), and removed one or two passengers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Very early reports at the moment but it appears some sort of incident has taken place on this plane headed for Dubai. Should be interesting too see how it unfolds. Seems everyone is very jittery at the moment so this could be a false alarm but better safe than sorry i guess.

Also hearing that more than one person has been arrested.

On sky news there is an image of C019 personnel on board.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I have a friend at the airport who sent me a few texts,

from what i have heard the Air port and Terminal has not been closed,2 arrests made, the rest of the people remain on the plane,

The plane is EK004 flight to Dubai

[edit on 8-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
BBC News

interesting that this is the first one I can remember heading for a gulf state, most lately have been trans atlantic and of a US or European flagged carrier

Sky News

"A verbal threat of some description was made. It was overheard. It was reported to members of the crew. "They were understandably very concerned. "They stopped the plane. The plane was taken back to some part of Heathrow, at which point anti-terror police boarded the plane.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Sky news live with passenger Cameron Mclean on the phone.
Still on the plane.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Heathrows twitter page for updates too,

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Confirmed 2 people arrested.

Edit - looks like a non-event - passengers were drunk...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by jonny2410]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I heard that the men made verbal threats, which led to this, Unconfirmed..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Three people arrested from grounded flight in security scare at Heathrow, no hazardous materials found, Scotland Yard says

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Anyone else get the impression the 'fear factor' is being jacked up to ridiculous levels on both sides of the Atlantic?

Either something big is on the way, or something big (but not evident yet) has already happened (or is happening) and this is being used to deflect attention away from it.

What type of something... No idea

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I just heard Kylie Minogue was on board the plane as well.I wonder what the verbal threats were?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
Anyone else get the impression the 'fear factor' is being jacked up to ridiculous levels on both sides of the Atlantic?

Either something big is on the way, or something big (but not evident yet) has already happened (or is happening) and this is being used to deflect attention away from it.

What type of something... No idea

yeh

in this case though I don't know whether it was just concerned passengers, totally stupid drunks or are the securty services really hyped up for "the big one"?

I nearly went for hightened tensions by external security forces util I realised the plane was going to Dubai not Yemen,

now there's an interesting thought in the current state of play in the new phoney war....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
if only we could of got this kind of coverage for the xmas day bomb attempt, we've got a picture and eye witness reports. real shame they don't acknowledge the eye witness' on that flight.

look out people we've got virbal terrorists now!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by KANDINSKI
I just heard Kylie Minogue was on board the plane as well.I wonder what the verbal threats were?

Is that right? - Or am I being gullible again?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Maybe the terrorist wanted to try and fly the plane into there new
tallest building in the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Originally posted by KANDINSKI

Is that right? - Or am I being gullible again?

Strangely enough, there could be something to it.

I know for a fact she lives in London (or at least used to) since she used to live close to an old friend of mine (same building actually) in Gloucester Road, and Heathrow is by far the easiest/fastest airport to reach from there.

top topics

join