It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clown threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
"there are 3 people going around dressed as clowns,and they aski if your child wants their photo taken with one or two of them while the other takes the picture.it will cost you £2 for the picture.they say its for some sort of charity.they keep a copy for their "records" in fact they sell/pass their "record" copy to peadophile gangs.this has happened around the cambridge area the gang are thought to be heading north"

If is true then this is scary.I hate clowns at the best of times but this just freaks me out.I wonder if this sort of thing is happing just in the uk or else where in the world?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Although I am prone to believe that any Clown is a definite threat that needs to be dealt with promptly, harshly and severely, I do find myself questioning the validity of your quote.

1.) It is in all CAPS
2.) This is clearly a quote from a Chain E-Mail.
3.) I can find no such alert in any Cambridge news.

Besides, if Pedos want Rated-G photos of children, why would they pay for them when they can look anywhere online for Rated-G photos of children? Why risk bringing attention to yourself if you are breaking the law when you can achieve the exact same thing without bringing yourself (and your law-breaking lifestyle) any undue attention?

This makes no sense and is most likely hysteria and will appear on Snopes.com shortly.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
true.but still the storys there and you know what they say...no smoke without fire.... i too dout this now you have told me.i guess clowns are always going to get bad press.....

[edit on 8-1-2010 by rikgrimsby]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This does sound very much like one of these Internet rumors that tend to go around,
But never the less its always worth hearing about if only to make you more aware of something that may occur,

It does worry me though that some sicko will be reading such things and get so strange idea to "copycat" it,

There has been many stories like this one the last one o remember was the one about a crying baby in a bush and when women would go to investigate they would get attacked,

It does annoy me however that someone feels its fun to start such rumors in the first place, makes you wonder whats really going on in there minds...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Assuming this is true...I'm assuming that the parents are not letting their children disrobe, correct? So, in that case, what good does a photo of a clothed child do for a pedophile?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
its like the last story i heard about. that 2 guys where caught in asdas toleits with a girl trying to shave her hair.it was meant to happened in grimsby then somewhere in london then all over the uk.... as its been said b4 it is part of a chain mail but is there truth in chain mails? urban legands ect...?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I firmly believe that there should be more clown hate-threads.

Instead of inserting the words American/British/Isreali/Palastinian/Irani/Bernanke insert the word "Clown" or "Bunch of Clowns".

Now wouldn't that work better?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
clearly a chain e-mail
please please please let this be the last one we see of these, before it gets to the stage where the thread is just:
"OH NOEZ! THERES A GHOST UNDER YOUR BED!1!! SEND THIS THREAD TO 20 PEOPLE OR YOU'LL DIE!!!1!"

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
Although I am prone to believe that any Clown is a definite threat that needs to be dealt with promptly, harshly and severely...

You've probably not heard of Insane Clown Posse fans known as "Juggalo's" who have gotten gang classification in Arizona and Utah as well as counties in Pennsylvania. These are fans of a "rap metal group" although I think rappers would have something to say about that, who dress up as goth-looking clowns.

Monroe County detective Emmanuel Varkanis has been tracking Juggalos for about two years now. He and other authorities say they've identified 1,000 Insane Clown Posse fans in the county. He says they are mostly white, range in age from 10 to 35, and speak their own language. Earlier this year, two ICP fans from Monroe allegedly lured Stroudsburg man Michael S. Goucher, 21, into the woods where they stabbed him 45-50 times with knives and metal cleavers. Both men arrested in the murder, Ian Seagraves, 17 and Sean Freemore, 18, were Insane Clown Posse fans, and Seagraves has a tattoo of the band's mascot.

Source: Insane Clown Posse Fans Get Gang Classification

Photographic clowns are not a problem, stab-you-in-the-face clowns are.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Umm, as a metaller, I can tell you we too have a problem with this 'rap metal' group...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Umm, as a metaller, I can tell you we too have a problem with this 'rap metal' group...

apparently, those of you that you refer to as "we" don't have too much of a problem with a group that single handedly brings in over 10 million annually.

2 platinum
3 gold

All for an underground band who has had ONE song on TV, and never been on the radio.

They sound pretty damned liked to me.

The perfect scapegoat for yuppie parents to blame their dysfunctional parenting on.

Sometimes i really do hate freedom of speech. I hate it when an idiot news reporter can come out and blame ICP for someone else killing someone.

But then i'm reminded that no matter what, freedom of speech means that not-so-conformist groups like the insane clown posse will never be shut up by someone too stupid to understand the meaning of the music.

And i can be calm again

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Clowns in general are a threat. They've scared the living hell out of me since I went to the circus with my family when I was a little kid.

The story, or whatever it is, that you shared with us, reminds me of sex trafficking, which is what I'm pretty sure you are talking about. Sex trafficking is a huge threat:

* 1.2 million children are trafficked every year; this is in addition to the millions already held captive by trafficking 1

* Every 2 minutes a child is being prepared for sexual exploitation 1

* The average victim is forced to have sex up to 40 times a day 5

* The average age of a trafficked victim is 14 years old 5

* Approximately 30 million children have lost their childhood through sexual exploitation over the past 30 years 1

* Sex trafficking is an engine of the global AIDS epidemic 4

* People are trafficked from 127 countries to be exploited in 137 countries 3

* Between 14,500 and 17,500 victims are trafficked into the USA each year 4

* The total market value of illicit Sex Trafficking is estimated to be in excess of $32 billion 2

* By 2010 Sex Trafficking will be the number one crime worldwide 5

Suddenly, the thought that this crap only happens in movies quickly fades as we realize that sex trafficking is completely real and very common. Not as much IN the US, but more so countries outside the US important the people into the US.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
[edit on 12-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Nothing more scary in this world then a freakin clown. Except for maybe a clown that's also a pedophile. Although i have my doubts about every damn one of them. (shifty eyes). They give me the heebie jeebies!

top topics

join