It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beauty queen hunts seals after bad press

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Beauty queen hunts seals after bad press

www.abc.net.au

A beauty pageant winner from Canada's east coast says she will join this year's seal hunt after an anti-hunting group altered photos of her wearing sealskin.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
While I personally am not a fan of seal hunts and wouldn't buy baby seal skin products, I am impressed by the this model's attitude. I hate the way the press and greens try to bully people rather than use rational or compassionate arguments. Most models wouldn't have the guts to face bad press like this head on.

Good on her!

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

There is no good reason to kill seals . There is always a good excuse to ruin the entire life of someone prepared to kill one without any particular excuse. I wonder what she would think if we all hunted down her future children and battered them to death? I think she would be displeased. I think its a worthy venture... vacuous idiot cow.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Oh hell yeah. This is retribution at its best!

Humans give her bad press so she takes her frustrations out on killing seals! What undeniably amazing logic!

/Sarcasm

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Maybe now the hippies will leave the sealer's alone.
They do nothing wrong! They follow there quotas and it is ruled humane.

Just like any other hunting or fishing that is allowed in the western world.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
and the moral of this story is ruining any peoples or animals lives is asking for negative press...

so what do the press do? slander?

So what does the 'victim' do? Do exactly what they are being slandered for.

amazing logic.

or not.

Abductee

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

She says while animal rights groups might go after her, she grew up in Newfoundland and the seal hunt is something she believes in.

How can anyone "believe" in hunting seals? Is it a religion or a moral value or something in that direction? Such nonsense.

Also, this is not news and definitely not "breaking news". Why people give a damn about what "beauty queens" say or do, it's beyond my comprehension.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Her idea is cold, vicious....and brilliant.

Anti-Hunting group alters photo's of her, so what does she do? She goes out and hunts because of it. Talk about the ultimate slap in the face. She is basically tell them, "If you didn't do what you did, I wouldn't be hunting."

I'm going to bet you they never mess with her again. Every time they do, the result will be more innocent animals killed for it.

It's cold and vicious, but extremely effective. I think she'll find her place in politics one day.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There is so much [snip] happening in the world and these hippies give a [snip] that a Canadian humanely killed a seal.

Remember that [snip] paul mccartney showing up here trying to save the seals ? I felt like going to club a few myself and telling him to [snip] of my country.

Good on this girl, standing up and giving [snip] too the hippies across the world.

Snipped profanities

Please read Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

[edit on 8/1/10 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

How can anyone "believe" in hunting seals? Is it a religion or a moral value or something in that direction? Such nonsense.

Also, this is not news and definitely not "breaking news". Why people give a damn about what "beauty queens" say or do, it's beyond my comprehension.

It is about media portrayal and response. How does the media portray ufologists and conspiracy theorists? It's about a conglomerate deciding how the masses think. I like to see people fight back against this.

And yes you can believe in a seal hunt in terms of relativity to the treatment of animals. If you eat meat such as veal or lamb, do you know how tthe animals are farmed and slaughtered? Have you ever killed the animals you eat?

As far as I am concerned I prefer a model who is willing o make the step of killing what she eats or wears. There is nothing worse than people who preach animal cruelty and buy their meat from a supermarket never thinking of where it comes from.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
Maybe now the hippies will leave the sealer's alone.
They do nothing wrong!

Oh, yeah, they do "nothing wrong." They just kill an unsustainable number of baby seals every year (up to 500,000), kill them in the most brutal ways imaginable (including skinning up to 42% ALIVE), destroying the balance of the ecosystem (seals prey on fish that prey on cod), etc.

That "beauty queen" may be pretty on the outside, but on the inside, she's hateful & ugly.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Yes, I have a pretty good idea about how animals are raised and slaughtered, that's why I don't eat any.

Do people actually eat seal meat anyway? Cause well, if our beauty queen is simply hungry, I'll forgive her

reply to post by nophun

Yes, indeed, what better attribute than "humanely" can be applied to the words "clubbing a seal"?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Wallachian]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
There is so much #ed up # happening in the world and these hippies give a # that a Canadian humanely killed a seal.

"Humanely?" LOL! Sorry, but skinning an animal alive is not "humane." Those seals are tortured to death. I've seen pictures of them being dragged alive w/ hooks in their heads. You need to research this topic before you go posting disinformation about it.

Remember that douchebag paul mccartney showing up here trying to save the seals ? I felt like going to club a few myself and telling him to gtfo of my country.

That wasn't Paul McCartney. You should really get a clue.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian

Yes, I have a pretty good idea about how animals are raised and slaughter, that's why I don't eat any.

Neither do I

Do people actually eat seal meat anyway? Cause well, if our beauty queen is simply hungry, I'll forgive her

Seal meat is considered to be unfit for human consumption. The Newfoundlanders eat seal flipper pie, tho. I guess they don't care that seals are full of toxins like mercury & PCB's.

Yes, indeed, what better attribute than "humanely" can be applied to the words "clubbing a seal"?

Right, b/c beating an animal to death is so "humane." Disgusting.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Enviro-fascists should love fur. It's all natural and renewable. Hormone-free.

Harvest is harvest.

Personally, I don't think I could do it. I hunt and butcher for food deer, squirrels, turkey typical game stuff. But I really don't think I could club a baby seal just for it's fur. Because I couldn't do it myself I wouldn't feel right about wearing it. In fact it would probably make me sick.

Of course that doesn't mean for an instant I'm going to impose that view onto others or even judge those would hunt it and wear it as evil or wrong.

It is what it is and that's all it is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Well if she's going to wear it, at least she has the guts to kill it herself.

Imagine it was a requirement to choose and kill the animal live before you buy the fur you want to wear?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by someotherguy

You are a liar. Sorry there is no way other way I can say it.

Harp seals are not endangered in ANYWAY.
There is over 5,000.000, Since Seal hunting has become regulated this number is double of what it was.

It is regulated, just like any other hunting or fishing in North America, So there is strict quota. This insures there is no danger of the animal going extinct.

Your hippie llies about skinning alive is PROPAGANDA and you believing it shows you are just jumping aboard the hippie band-wagon.

It is Fact those study that found "skinning alive" was bought and paid for by hippie groups. Show me 1 legitimate study that has a legitimate peer group review.

Even your Hippie friends (the non-crazy ones) cannot legitimately say clubbing is any worst then other forms of hunting or fishing.

Why does the government regulate something that is unsustainable ?
You have no idea what you are talking about that I am sure of.

I am out of here, My friends and me are off to try out my new club and skin some crap alive while we chant to Satan.

Peace.

edited .. potty mouth xD

[edit on 8-1-2010 by nophun]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Reporter: So miss Beauty Queen,tell your fans,whats your engagements for tonight?

Beauty Queen : Oh not much on at all tonight Fred,just going to go out with a few close friends and go clubbing.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hmm, here's what I think will happen.

Our little beauty queen will go out with the seal hunters.

She will witness firsthand the slaughter.

She might even attempt to club one herself.

She might notice the little baby seal's eyes looking up at her as she beats it to death.

She'll spill a little blood on herself.

She'll become nauseous, feeble, and be unable to continue.

She'll stop wearing seal furs and join the animal rights activists in their cause.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
THE CANADIAN COMMERCIAL SEAL HUNT: IN SEARCH OF INTERNATIONAL LEGAL PROTECTION FOR HARP SEALS
CYNTHIA HODGES, J.D., LL.M, M.A.

...Seal hunt observers have witnessed brutal acts such as seals being skinned, cut open, and dragged with hooks while still alive, or clubbed and left to languish in agony before finally being put out of their misery.[7] For example, Captain Paul Watson,[8] witnessed a particularly gruesome act by a sealer:

... a young sealer walked ... with a writhing pup slung over his shoulder. Tossing the seal onto the ice ..., he ... then kicked the pup full in the face. As I watched, he flipped the stunned creature over and slit it from crotch to throat. While the pup continued to thrash about, the swiler placed a foot on its head and tore the skin from its still live and quivering body.[9]

Another eyewitness recounts that “... a seal appear[s] to gasp for air, blood running from its nose ... The seal seems to be thrashing as its fur is sliced from its torso.”[10] Unfortunately, the skinning of seals alive appears to occur with some frequency. An independent veterinary panel (“Burdon panel”) that observed the 2001 seal hunt, concluded that up to 42% of the seals may have been skinned while alive and conscious.[11] ...

[read more at the link]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by someotherguy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join