It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Evil for Congress, wow check out their golden parachute benefits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is another one of those DAH moments. after I read this, who wouldn't want these perks... I thought they only got 80K a year plus expenses and that is totally outragous. let me see if I can succeed the way they do... destroy everything and accept no blame... Lie your way right into prison... but they get away with it... how... oh, and check out this other issue called benefits.

email follows:
Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.

Our Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.

You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.

In more recent years, no congress person has felt the need to change it.. After all, it is a great plan..

For all practical purposes their plan works like this:

When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die.
Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments. .....

For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7, 800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000..00 during the last years of their lives.
This is calculated on an average life span for each of those two Dignitaries.

Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.

Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA!!!

This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds;

"OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK"!

From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer ),We can expect to get an average of
$1,000 per month after retirement.

Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!

Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.

That change would be to

Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. . Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us

Then sit back.....

And see how fast they would fix it!

end email...
gee now who wouldnt want to be a Congressman? I think we should hold a lottery instead of voting. but then that might too free as the person must represent me.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
But wait....that's not all! Oh yeah, they have their own special in-house medical staff and free care anywhere in the US. They also get a staff and travel allowance and a few more perks I'm sure. God bless, they work so hard n' all, they deserve to be treated like kings, don;t they?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
yeah,the lottery party.

where nobody knows who the next representative is,they just take an oath to follow polls when voting on issues.

then the problem becomes which polls they use and who writes the questions.

then sell tickets to raise funds!
brilliant!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Oh they do get Social Security as well...Senator John McCain has drawn Social Security or did in 2006, around 22,000 according to tax returns.

blogs.abcnews.com...

[edit on 1/8/2010 by DJMSN]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I thiink computers created this problem. and I think a E-Gov. would
allow everyone to have there say and it will be the people having
their say. 100% transperancy all the way down to ones on vote
voting should not be secret - despite what they say~~@! its just
something you have been conditioned to believe. if you dont know how your neighbor voted how do you know your vote counts...>? open the vote~!

top topics

join