It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absinth - anyone ever drank that?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I was wondering, because I heard about that in some movie I saw recently, then I did a little search. What I found was interesting, this stuff looks really hard, not only does it contain a lot of alcohol, but it also have some mixs of different plants in it. Not sure if it's true, but in the movie they say you can even hallucinate on that stuff.

www.absinth.com...

Anyone ever drank some of it? I'll probably order some, but it's expensive, so I wanted yall opinions before I do. Also, not sure if it's true, but I heard it's illegal in the USA.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've read a couple of articals on it and what they're selling today is not the same. Yes, you used to halucinate on it, the wormwood in it, I think, but they have taken out that quality. So I wouldn't fork out a pile of money expecting to experience what Van Gohg, et. al. did.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've drank it in Europe, and in New Orleans several times. It's not too bad, can get you pretty drunk.

You can still buy wormwood and try to make your own, also. :w:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok... Well that's too bad. I think I still want to try it, I mean, it's 55% alcohol, how would the alcoholic in me not be tempted by that? lol...

I want something real strong for this year summer-beginning party.

Edit: Do you guys/gals think there's no wormwood - at all - in what we can buy today? Because on the website, they still list in as one of the main ingredient of it.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Yeah, I was wondering, because I heard about that in some movie I saw recently, then I did a little search.

Did you hear about it in Moulin Rouge? My friend mentioned this drink over the weekend and referenced that movie!

I haven't ever tasted this beverage. I'm not a drinker.

[Edited on 5/25/2004 by Bangin]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, from one alkie to another, find a specialty store and pick up Baccardi Amber 151, 75% alcohol. Just don't expect to walk anywhere after.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Oooooooh. Bacardi 151! Good in Pina Colodas!

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My friend brought it back from Japan a few years ago and I tried it then, it did get me pretty looped off one shot. Haven't tried it since, I try to stay away from illegal substances

If I am not mistaken, in the "old" days, they used a green cube that contained opium and it would be dropped it in the cocktail and that would cause the hallucination. But I am not sure.

Yes it is illegal here in the US and I am not sure if that brand is the original mix of what Absinthe was.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Isn't it illegal to make, but legal to import? Or something like that?
Maybe that's Canada.
I remember the LCBO (liquor store) was selling some type of Absinthe last year, never checked it out, though.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Isn't it illegal to make, but legal to import?

Well, Canada does have more compassionate(Sp?) laws than the US

I don't know for sure, but I think it is illegal to import it into the US as well.

Here is a good article on it's history:

www.gumbopages.com...

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by Narnia]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey thanks yall for your comments, I'm looking foward to try it anyway, I'm always looking for new stuff to try hehehehe... This should be good.

Bangin: nah, it wasn't in Moulin Rouge, it was in Euro-trip that I heard about it. Pretty funny movie if anyone is thinking about seeing it.

*wonder if I'll see the green fairy like in the movie lol... *

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
has a similar molecular geometry with THC, the active chemical in cannabis.

Sweet.

let me know how it is.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
has a similar molecular geometry with THC, the active chemical in cannabis.

Ha ha ha... Dude, why do you think I'm so interested in trying this thing? LOL! Yeah, I'll be sure to let you know how it was

Sad thing is, I might not have enough money to order it (I mean I could, but I'd just be more broke than I am at the moment) right now, so it might take like a few weeks before things get sorted and I actually order it.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
times like this I wish I lived in canada, I'd go in on a bottle ^^

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
There is good stuff and there are pale imitations.

The good stuff is enjoyable with supervision. Less alcohol, more thujones.

It's not good for any part of your brain or your gonads as a regular habit, at all.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I do adore my nads.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I do adore my nads.

We ALL adore your nads.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

I do adore my nads.

We ALL adore your nads.

LOL@Ly & Trep..you guys are TOO funny

I tried Absinthe when Pisky and I were on a vay-cay in Wales at a tiny little seaside village named Tenby.

Siggghhhh...wonderful place, Tenby
But that's another thread lol.

We went into this teeny tiny ancient pub with low-uneven midieval ceilings and it turns out they were serving Absinthe there, only they had you restricted to only 2 shots. And I can totally understand why.

This stuff hits you like a ton of bricks, but it's not like being normally 'drunk'.

It's more like you're on speed because the effects last for hours and you just talk and talk. You also hallucinate a little bit. By hallucinate I mean colours seem brighter, details a little sharper etc.

After a while you're almost wishing it would be over because it's just so intense and lasts so long and it kinda tires you out. I would drink some again though..just to compare it to the first experience to see how it measures up and if I'm remembering it correctly (it was a couple years ago)

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You make me want to take one to the nads. Hmm more research I must.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I drank it in France once.
Wow !!!!!!!
Its like drinking 5 bottles of wine in one go. Without the hangover.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join