It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well that didnt take long *Afghanistan erupts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

(AP) KABUL - Thousands of Afghans shouting "Death to America!" protested the killings of children Thursday, the latest in a string of controversial cases in which international forces have been blamed for civilian deaths.

Pretty ferocious backlash on this news. Now they are going to need another 100k troops overthere!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
now all we need to find out is whether or not this was staged by the cia or something.

jeez what a friggin mess. humans are ripe for a smiting.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Looks like it was a bigger deal than most people on this site

would like you to believe.

WINNING HEARTS and CHANGING MINDS

EPIC FAIL

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
aha! Now I know why they hate americans so much.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Legendary FAIL

BRING OUR TROOP HOME TODAY!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just like here in America...the government of Afghanistan has taken a peice right out of our play book. Make up some BS, provide NO evidence, proclaim it truth, and watch the retarded masses freak out.

If they want to protest us being there at all..I am ok with that, but to accuse us of this stuff and NOT provide anything to back it up...yeah THAT is an epic fail.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I agree.. Let's bring ALL the troops home!!! A few years ago I would have been arguing against you..

But now, I truly believe that we should pull every single soldier out of every single country over seas.. England, Germany, Korea,ETC..

Especially the Middle East.. the foreign policy, and the way theese wars have been, and are being faught are soo screwed up that the only way to win, under the current policy is to litterally wipe out several entire races..and pretty much a whole religion...(never gonna happen) and gee.if we did wouldn't that be a "great victory"(sarcasm)

But I do say pull ALL the troops.. then let's see what happens.. If the oil stops, or gasoline goes to $10.00. a gallon. let's see if the U.S. economy tanks any quicker, or if the U.S. is invaded, or our current allies get invaded..

I say at this point in time the U.S. is so screwed world wide that maybe it is time to "cut and run" Let the rest of the world take care of thier own, or another country step up to be the "world police"

Let's take care of our own country now.. And if per chance, we cannot get or afford foreign oil anymore,(which of course will drive up prices of everything) and we lose more and more jobs, (again due to foreign dependence of multinational corporations) which would mean more people lose thier homes, no more college for some, alot less leisure time for others (IE no more internet time LOL)

Well maybe that would happen, maybe nothing would.. I say it is time to find out!!! screw the rest of the world!! I believe that if all the above did come to pass, the "American people" would finally get off thier collective butts. and figure out a way to restore all our current "perks" and hopefully do it "in house"

So for all of those calling for us to bring the troops home. I say let's do it all the way. not halfway. then let what comes, come, and deal with it and fix it then.. Hopefully in a generation or so the U.S will be Great again..

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

aha! Now I know why they hate americans so much.

I hope this is sarcasm (it doesn't translate well in type).

If not, what an ignorant statement. The people in the US do not meet the moronic stereotypes people, including other Americans, give them. Please get off the high horse.

Afghanistan going to Sh**..... that sounds about right. What's peace good for anyway? Any excuse for global war is enough to send a massive force of young people to fight the wars the elderly started.

What is interesting about the war in Afghanistan is that, and I checked this fact, it is not an American State, Canadian Province or an Annex of any other nation.
Afghanistan is not a state
Afghanistan is its own country

With this in mind, I don't see how this occupation is legitimate.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I am supposing, the occupation is seen as "legitimate" in the same way as the occupation of Italy, by the allied forces during and after WW2. or the German(Nazi) occupation of Poland, France. ETC. During and and before WW2.. Although all are questionable, If there is an "occupying force" involved, generally it means the Occupied country was not a willing member of the occupying country..

Therefore it is "legitimate" as far as The occupying force came in and kicked butt, then decided to stay... (for the good or for the detriment of the people there, does not matter)

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SideWynder]

[edit on 10-1-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Just like here in America...the government of Afghanistan has taken a peice right out of our play book. Make up some BS, provide NO evidence, proclaim it truth, and watch the retarded masses freak out.

If they want to protest us being there at all..I am ok with that, but to accuse us of this stuff and NOT provide anything to back it up...yeah THAT is an epic fail.

Well we accused the Afghans and Iraq for 911. And we all know how solid that investigation was.
Its like we all have to lean science all over again to understand the official 911 report.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

That is my point 66....the masses are blind worldwide, so it doesn't take much to sell them anymore.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SideWynder

But now, I truly believe that we should pull every single soldier out of every single country over seas.. England, Germany, Korea,ETC..

Wouldn't it be great if that could actually happen? I personally would love to see america do this, and as you said, let the world deal with its own problems. But in reality America is a war driven economy and a move like that would result in an economic meltdown!

Also i dont think that the government of afghanistan would have to fabricate a story like this when it would be much easier to find a legitimate case.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Why should afghans care about evidence when the united states doesn't bother?

The Taliban, who for better or worse represented the afghan people, asked bush for evidence against bin laden .. the US govt provided nothing to back it up before unleashing war, misery and occupation.

This is a HUGE LMAO at the US govt... watching them take a huge bite of their own "no evidence needed" sh# sandwich. It's not like the US elite care about this though... they'll just shrug it off and send a few extra battalions of other peoples pawn kids to die cleaning up their mess.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

Yes I agree it would cause an economic meltdown.. all over the world..
All the U.S. dollars spent overseas by the GI.s as well as the gov't money spent on upkeep and lease of all the military bases.and local support services that go with them..

Not to mention if we did bring all the GI's home, we would have to downsize the military, that would mean tens of thousands of unemployed people, in a country that now doesn't really manufacture alot of everyday items..

But, I think that might just give the U.S. citizen the kick in the buttox to start a "real change" in the U.S.

(one can always dream) lol...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by SideWynder]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

If they want to protest us being there at all..I am ok with that, but to accuse us of this stuff and NOT provide anything to back it up...yeah THAT is an epic fail

And you're denying it happened based on what evidence? If they've got the bodies, and the witnesses saw it was soldiers who helicoptered in, they have every right to hold the US accountable for the actions of any and all coalition soldiers. We are the only reasons that any foreign military is over there.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat

Originally posted by SideWynder

Wouldn't it be great if that could actually happen? I personally would love to see america do this, and as you said, let the world deal with its own problems. But in reality America is a war driven economy and a move like that would result in an economic meltdown!

"Let the world deal with its own problems" Most of the world problems are initiated and caused by the US foreign policy lie about terrorists and the insane hidden agenda of supporting Israel. The world would have far less problems if the American military went home.

Respects

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

If my post sounded "arrogant" I did not mean it so. And by my saying "let the rest of the world deal with thier own problems" what was unsaid was "Let the U.S. start dealing with our own problems also"

I Know that it would be almost impossible to remove all American troops from overseas, for a variety of reasons, some legitimate (we are obligated by certain treaties)and some just because of greed..(both for money and power)

But the U.S. really does need to do something, "at home" instead of "abroad"
I will end now,In order to keep from rambling, and getting too bogged down in specifics. hopefully you all will give me some leeway if I seem to be a bit vauge.. LOL.. (again if this sounds arrogant, my apologies,)

[edit on 15-1-2010 by SideWynder]

new topics

top topics

join