It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well the Messiah was just on tv

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
reply to post by whatukno

The point is that green jobs don't exist.....(except in small parts)....We need to create jobs, not green jobs....when the economy is back on track and we do not have rampant unemployment, then, we should look at how to create demand for green products. My fear is that that demand will be created by regulation, rather than by true and cost effective solutions.

They are creating lots of GREEN jobs in Spain right now!
What is the unemployment rate in Spain?
It's around 18%.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The Republicans and the Independents will be saying OMG
bring back George W. Bush!

The only way Dubya is coming back to power is when he will be

elected to be a soap dispenser in a maximum prison shower stall.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You should bow down before your maker. Some say He never gives, he's only a taker.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

The point is that green jobs don't exist.....(except in small parts)....We need to create jobs, not green jobs....when the economy is back on track and we do not have rampant unemployment, then, we should look at how to create demand for green products. My fear is that that demand will be created by regulation, rather than by true and cost effective solutions.

At this point, I don't think many people in the rust belt care what we build. As I said, jobs is the point, not what is being built.

reply to post by Eurisko2012

Small businesses create jobs here in the USA.

Well, that is true, it's supposed to be true anyway.

They are afraid to do anything with Obamacare and Cap & Trade hanging over their heads. Obama is doing everything wrong.

Give a big thank you to the right wing fear machine for that. I think that small business owners are more holding off on job creation because of fear of what the government might do, instead of what they are doing.

I think this fear comes from the right wingers. It is this fear that is causing business owners to scale back, thus hurting the economy more than if they actually started hiring again.

I predict by November 1 ,2010 the unemployment rate will be 11%
and the GOP will take control of the House and the Senate.

I don't think we will quite hit 11% (well, in general anyway) But the GOP has absolutely no plan to fix anything, I think that the people will see this in this election. The only thing that the GOP has been selling is fear, and people are sick of it. They do see through this bs and I think it's going to come back and bite the republicans in the ass.

The Republicans and the Independents will be saying OMG
bring back George W. Bush! This Obama economic quagmire must
go now!

Oh good god, if the country gets so bad that George W. Bush is the answer, it's time to move to Canada.

George and Co took more liberty away from this country in 8 years than any other previous administration in history.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Actually Obama has done a lot to kill off small businesses. The bank freeze that happened when Obama fired his campaign economic team (you know... the ones that helped him get elected) and hired all of the same economic people from the Bush Administration (seriously what the #?) and Clinton Administration. When these people went hog wild literally stealing a couple hundred billion dollars, the bank industry had a massive heart attack. The credit lines on small businesses dropped or disappeared overnight. My parents own a a business, and they're credit limit literally went from $500,000 to $250,000 overnight. My parents own a multi-million dollar company that's qualifies as a small business. Also Obama killed off the Small Business Administration (SBA) as part of the heart attack. The SBA was the government banking arm that guaranteed loans on Small Businesses (like the FDIC on banks) which is why small business in America died virtually overnight. It's ridiculous that my parents business has survived as long as it has. Since this piece of garbage has taken over a company that thrived for over 30 years now struggles month to month to keep the doors open. Meanwhile, every rich mother#er in America is getting financial fellatio with the money that previously was used to guarantee small business and protect the economy.

Obama is the evil George Bush... which I didn't think such a thing could possibly exist... but here we are.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Funny, all of this money will be spent on building the turbines but what about placing them. You need lots of open land or water. Then you have to contend with those who don't want to look at them. Then you have PETA who will insist that these are slaughtering birds. Then Greenpeace will get involved and sabotage the windmills. The WWF...Sierra Club...

One plus would be the ability to attach more cellular antennae to these things. Gotta have more coverage for BFI.

Oh, and if these turbines are not maintained properly on a very regular basis say goodbye to your investment and hello to some very expensive repairs.

The only place to effectively build them is in the middle of nowhere.

I like clean coal, natural gas and NUKES.!! I wouldn't mind a small solar array on my barn to power part of my workshop either.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Well at least business is booming at Goldman Sachs.
Apparently, political connections make all the difference in the world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It's not all bad news.
Ford is doing well.
They said "No thanks." to Team Obama.

Their stock price is over $11 a share.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

It's not all bad news.
Ford is doing well.
They said "No thanks." to Team Obama.
Their stock price is over $11 a share.

The reason that Ford never needed a bailout and is doing well is because a long time ago Henry ford made a deal with John D. Rockefeller. At the time Rockefeller was big oil, and Ford was cars, you don't think that is coincidence do you?

You want an old conspiracy, look that one up.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

The point isn't the turbines, the turbines can be placed anywhere, the point is building the turbines, building the turbines creates jobs, jobs that people in the rust belt desperately need.

And do you know what happens if they build turbines and put them places? Those turbines need maintenance, (jobs) those turbines need parts (jobs) those turbines create power (jobs)

so what is wrong with building turbines?

If we are on the subject of power, they say a hundred square miles of desert is all we would need to put up enough solar panels to power this entire country until the sun burned out. But realistically we know this country will grow and those panels will need maintenance and repair. This all equates to more jobs for Americans.

And isn't jobs for Americans the point?

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jibeho

The point isn't the turbines, the turbines can be placed anywhere, the point is building the turbines, building the turbines creates jobs, jobs that people in the rust belt desperately need.

And do you know what happens if they build turbines and put them places? Those turbines need maintenance, (jobs) those turbines need parts (jobs) those turbines create power (jobs)

so what is wrong with building turbines?

If we are on the subject of power, they say a hundred square miles of desert is all we would need to put up enough solar panels to power this entire country until the sun burned out. But realistically we know this country will grow and those panels will need maintenance and repair. This all equates to more jobs for Americans.

And isn't jobs for Americans the point?

I understand the concept here. But if the govt. provides the seed money who is paying for parts, supplies, maint. etc. That has been the problems with these stimulus plans. When the money is gone its gone.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I understand the concept here. But if the govt. provides the seed money who is paying for parts, supplies, maint. etc. That has been the problems with these stimulus plans. When the money is gone its gone.

You and I do, when we get the bill from our electric company. But instead of paying for building and repairing a coal plant, we get to pay for the maintenance of wind turbines.

I still don't think that manufacturing wind turbines is the point, the point is to start manufacturing something. For all anyone who doesn't have a job cares, they could build giant dildos for elephants. The point is to make something in this country again, put people to work.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey, I live in the Cleveland area and would love to see manufacturing return to N.E. Ohio. Cleveland is a mess right now. First the steel mills withered away and now Auto and auto parts suppliers are on there way out as well.

My father in law put in 40 years at Goodyear in Akron. A city that is trying to reinvent itself as well.

Sadly, I don't think manufacturing in America will ever be the same as it was. Our industrial revolution seems to be over unless the our governments on all levels decide to create an atmosphere that encourages manufacturing again. Big govt. taxation, profit, and greed were the lynch pins that sent manufacturing off to the new worlds of foreign suppliers.

American Greetings is HQ'd in the Cleveland suburb of Brooklyn. They don't manufacture there but They have been there for years and employ about 2000 people. AG is threatening to pick up stakes and relocate due to an increase in the payroll tax that has been levied in Brooklyn. Where they will go is anyone's guess. Another example is Eaton Corp. They wanted to build a new Corporate HQ along the Cuyahoga River in Downtown Cleveland. They pulled out and went to the suburbs due to the unfavorable political climate in Cleveland.

Anyway, I will blame politics for plenty of our woes and you can't erect these massive turbines in the suburbs. At 100 meters tall these are huge.

www.aweo.org...

www.wind-watch.org...

[edit on 9-1-2010 by jibeho]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join