It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think a terrorist can't get a knife on a plane? Think again.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GORGANTHIUM

This would only be effective when the aircraft was near to the ground, ie take off or landing, once at 30k feet you would need a really large missle

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Exactly. The bigest fear goverements is the use of an aircraft 'as a missle' i.e. 9/11 hence the reason for stand-by military aircraft being used to shoot down civil flights.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How well can those stab into flesh? As well as a metal knife? Also can a gun be made from these same materials?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent221
How well can those stab into flesh? As well as a metal knife? Also can a gun be made from these same materials?

If a number of well trained assailants on board an aircraft used speed and momentum, they have control of an aircraft in a matter of moments. Next time you are on a Red Eye, look have easy it would be with all those sleepng passengers and resting air-hostess'.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A lot of things can make it past metal detectors. If I had my choice, every single person going on a flight would be patted down and thoroughly searched, and a federal air marshall would be on every single flight.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
All your links say "you don't have permission"

What are they?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I recently went through London Gatwick. After the security check you are on airside where there are numerous restaurants. I got a coffee and donut and was given a metal knife to cut it up. There was nothing to stop me taking it onboard

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I still think they should just put the pilots door on the outside of the plane ok they will probably still need explosive detectors but I think the planes pretty safe from hijacking then.

The way things are heading we might just be able to ditch the pilot and flight controls altogether just have a computer fly them around.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
anyone that has ever been involved with lite special forces knows that the are many ways and many items that are carried on a regular basis through airport security. TSA agents can be easily distracted and it only takes half a second. Why do people think that the Govt. can keep them safe? My wife now just shakes her head when we hit a checkpoint. Especially when it is civilian operated. The only time I ever got caught was at an unknown checkpoint, at an undisclosed building and I was unprepared. The SO looked at me and shook his head. Fortunately he just told me I couldn't enter and we exchanged "travel' stories from past lives.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahddm
Glock 19 is full polymer and won't be detected by metal detector, you can be creative and hide the ammo somewhere and keep something metal in pocket by accident they wand you and you can blame it on the small thing you forgot.

[edit on 10-1-2010 by ahddm]

You're kidding, right? I own a Glock 19 (among other Glocks)- and there is no way on earth that you're getting that thing through even the most primitive metal detector. The entire slide is STEEL. A big, heavy block of steel- it weighs several ounces by itself. The barrel is steel, the barrel spring is steel, the lockwork is all steel, the magazine liner and spring are also steel. The only parts of the weapon that are polymer are the frame, the trigger, the guide rod, and bits of the magazine. Even the frame would set off a metal detector, because it has steel slide rails molded into it.

The "Glocks can go through metal detectors" myth was debunked back in the 1980's, and can be clearly seen to be false by anyone who has ever picked up a Glock. There is no such thing as an "all polymer" handgun. Every "polymer" handgun on the market contains significant amounts of steel in the barrel and slide. There is no polymer on earth strong enough to contain breech pressure in a conventional handgun. As for ceramics- anything denser than bone can be picked up by an airport "metal detector". You do realize they are not simple magnetometers, right?

There are effective, improvised weapons that can be fashioned from materials the average person has on himself at all times, but it doesn't do anyone any good to post these on an open forum. As a previous poster noted, the real weapon is the mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I remember about a year ago I went through the airport, and even got "selectively searched" and somehow they missed the giant rambo knife I hard forgotten was at the very bottom of my backpack, ROFL. Sometimes human error is all thats needed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join