It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Your Future Predestined?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Many people believe that their life and future are predestined by a higher power. They feel that from conception to death, we all follow a script already written in the mind of God. ‘After all,’ they say, ‘God is all-powerful and all-knowing, or omniscient, so surely he must know every detail about the past, the present, and the future

so what do you think, do you think your future is predestined? or do you believe that you have the choice?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In my personal opinion I believe in a bit of both!

Like we have a path set out for us, but in the end we make the choices at which ever roads we walk down along the way!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
thats a good way of looking at it,
i dont think that we are all Supposed to do something, that everything happens for a reason, but i think there is a path that we have been given to follow, and its our choice wether or not we actually follow it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I don't think each of us has this magical purpose to be hear, but I do kinda lean towards each of us having a purpose as in things we can offer to help better others and such, like team work, each person offers something different, no matter how big or small that may be!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I believe everything we do, everyone we meet is pre-destined and for a reason.

I believe we have been created, but also that what we perceive as reality is actually not. Reality is an illusion, the brain, the mind, transmitting images thro our eyes, images that we are maybe programmed to see ??

As for the future ??
There is no past, and no future either cos we live our complete lives in the present !!
It really is a time loop.
And a mindscrew !!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
interesting, never heard it put like that before good post

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

I believe everything we do, everyone we meet is pre-destined and for a reason.

I believe this as well, but we are supposed to learn from what we are presented with, and if we don't, we are then presented with another set of "life" problems, and so on and so on. Therefore, the end is not determined but the lessons are there for us to learn.

Sometimes we get them, and sometimes we just don't.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
so what do you think, do you think your future is predestined? or do you believe that you have the choice?

this is a concept that has had me thinking for a very long time - like most people, i'm sure

finally, about a month ago, i had an epiphany

FATE is the circumstances, opportunities, and such that is outside of (each) self-determination

FREE WILL, is of course, individual self-determination

and so...when a person's free-will combines/collides/converges (take your pick) with fate, the result is DESTINY

it's partly up to each of us, on our own, but it also interacts with that which we all create, en masse, as the human race - our world - the part of the shared world that belongs to each of us is our own personal fate...within the larger fate which is subject to change and alteration constantly by the humanity's shared cause and effect ...dynamic and alive and always potentially hopeful!

it's not what happens to you but what you do with it!

LOVE is the only constant!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

"Life" is a play... scripted and cast before the "set" and "characters" were made.

Planet Weasel was made to train and refine the "COG/Children of God".

YHWH is perfect and holy. Love is the defining characteristic of YHWH and the logic behind all Creation.

All of that OT/Tanakh wrath of YHWH was a show scripted before we were made.

There is no "free will"... we are like Dogs to YHWH.

I love my dogs. They have a job to do. They were designed to do specific tasks.

"Free Will" is just another way of alluding to the "truth". There is no such beast.... there is only DISCIPLINE!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
if your future is predestined then whats the point of living? if anything and everything you do is already planned out for you, why does it matter what you do in your life, with your life

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

if your future is predestined then whats the point of living? if anything and everything you do is already planned out for you, why does it matter what you do in your life, with your life

Suppose you can think of it like a game, you can know what's gonna happen and how a game will end, but untill you play it, you never get the whole experience!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
hmmmm yeah i can see it like that as well

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

Suppose you can think of it like a game, you can know what's gonna happen and how a game will end, but untill you play it, you never get the whole experience!

I look on it as a game too....

But just WHO controls the players ??

Or WHAT ??

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I believe we each control ourselves personally! if thats not the case i'd love to have a word with the idiot controlling me!
needs to pull his/her finger out!

It's an interesting thought but, I dunno, maybe I would'nt like to concede not being in control of everything I do, it's a head screw!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

Oh, its a headscrew alright !!

The person controlling me is on overtime at the moment cos in the space of about 6 months they've turned me from a hippy, live in jeans type of chick, into a shop till you drop Paris Hilton wannabee

Oh man, this Matrix or whatever it is makes me laugh........

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Everything including Freewill is an illusion. I personally think that this reality is nothing more than a simulation running on an extremely powerful super quantum computer. Every possible outcome has already been calculated and therefore pre determined by the computer AI or God, whatever you wish to call it. We are simply along for the ride.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Everything including Freewill is an illusion. I personally think that this reality is nothing more than a simulation running on an extremely powerful super quantum computer. Every possible outcome has already been calculated and therefore pre determined by the computer AI or God, whatever you wish to call it. We are simply along for the ride.

so pretty much life is a joke and no matter what we do our path is already laid out for us?

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It's very difficult to explain, especially considering we are probably multi dimensional beings and nothing is seperate, as we are all part of the whole. Time is also an illusion, so there's no beginning or end.

There has been a long controversy as to whether subjectively 'free' decisions are determined by brain activity ahead of time. We found that the outcome of a decision can be encoded in brain activity of prefrontal and parietal cortex up to 10 s before it enters awareness. This delay presumably reflects the operation of a network of high-level control areas that begin to prepare an upcoming decision long before it enters awareness.

This articles might answer your question.

www.aaronsw.com...
www.wired.com...
www.thenakedscientists.com...

[edit on 13-1-2010 by kindred]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well, I'll be honest, I used to believe in "free will," and still would like to. However, the more I examine things and the longer I live, the less I believe in "free will."

The concept of "Free Will" is a lie!!!

new topics

top topics

join