It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanks For Being Fat America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What a great thread for venting unfounded bigotry!

And to actively shun overweight people, well that is immature behavior expected from children not adults. How is their spirit of less value than yours?

This thread is just for people to poke sticks at "America: World Boggity Man"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
the thing about junkfood its quick and easy specialy if you had a hard day at work and the companys that make it are ment to tell you how bad it is on the packet but does any one realy understand the writing on the back of it they make it realy hard to read the bad things in it but put on the front on big letters reduced fat less saturates but reduced from what

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l

and dang, australia and brittan to
what is it with english speaking people

Well unfortunately for most it's convenience, education... and price.
Most people people don't "have time" to prepare a meal that is both cheap and healthy so they stock up the freezer with cheap and nasty, yet convenient foods... and then when it comes to cooking it... all the kids dinners can be done in 15 mins or so.

Organic and naturally healthy food...in most peoples eyes, is expensive.
I mean Organic ranges in supermarkets are... but you can get fresh fruit and veg and pasta and so on and make a nice meal pretty quickly and cheaply... and this is where the education fits in... not everyone knows how.

Many people don't cook or prepare food any more.... they just "oven/microwave" everything.... all TV dinner, convenience junk.

It's a shame.

[edit on 8/1/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Again, being needlessly defensive.

I'm not devaluing anyone's spirit. I'm friends with several overweight people, and get along rather well with them. You are presuming that, so you can insult others.

I am talking about health. I am aware that there are books out there that say you can be fat and healthy, but there are also books you can read to justify racism.

Just because it agrees with your belief, doesn't make it really true.

I am talking about health. If you have something that isn't an insult, feel free to say it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
IM not poking at fat PEOPLE, im suggesting the fact that what america puts in their foods and the laws that allow them to put such things in their foods are disgusting and repulsive, no biggotry, people who are fat cant really help it, on the other hand the people who are fat because they are lazy, because all they do is eat and play games, then they need to tak e initiative, unless they are happy that wayor course

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I am fat.

Now to me what is funny is how knowing that about me, some of you seem to think you know all about my lifestyle, how lonely and/or emotional I am, what I eat, how often I eat, how much I exercise, and where I go.

People talk about brainwashing and don't see that this focus on fat people is part of it?

You heard terror and Iraq in the same sentence long enough....now you get to hear disgusting and fat in the same. Where's it going? huh?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
this just mean that we're better prepared for the end of the world. we can go on living off of piss and fat when there are no food.

anybody who the skinniest country is?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

Koreans and Japanese.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
fat doesnt mean disgusting, i dont know where people get that, i know big women that are gorgeous absolutely stunning, and yes you can be a big person and be healthy, i just resent the people who use their weight for pity and get on welfare and dont do anything because they are "helpless"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think two things are to blame. Parenting and the stuff thats in food these days.

If parents stopped there kids getting fat from the off. Maybe encouraged them to be more active and controled what they ate. That would help.

If food companys did'nt cram there products with so much crap then that would help to.

Ive got friends who are over weight because of these reasons. Now they want to lose weight they cant. Either they keep getting sold a con in the form of variouse mirracle diets. Or they lose weight just to put it back on again later. This saps there self esteem and they lose there will power.

The Answer is simple and they agree.

Eat less and move more.

You can buy my DVD at WWW...........

Only kidding. The causes are obviouse and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Just because you fat, does'nt mean you have to stay that way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think it's a bit disingenious to blame incorrect calorie labelling for weight gain. I mean c'mon. If I get to the stage where I can't cut my toenails cos my overhanging gut is in the way, I know I have to do something about it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

I think two things are to blame. Parenting and the stuff thats in food these days.

Only kidding. The causes are obviouse and nobody seems to be doing anything about it. Just because you fat, does'nt mean you have to stay that way.

I'm glad the causes are so obvious to you.
Science is saying it has just as much (as with food and exercise) to do with genetics and.....SLEEP.

Personally I gained 40 pounds in 2 weekswhen I went on prednisone. 6 months on it, 70 pounds. Did I start eating at McDonald's or drinking soda? Uh, NO.

Now that tells me that hormones don't have any roll at all to play. Right. Oh yes, it is so obvious. I'm fat so automatically everyone knows exactly everything about what I eat and do and how I live. Right.

Yeah, it's all obvious to me.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Typical woman blaming her hormones.

Only kidding again relax.

Yeah there are genetic causes for obesity but you cant put that down to all the people who are fat. The causes i mentioned would make up a bigger percentage.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
so i feel like a hypocrite

im sitting at my desk eating doritoes, gardettos, doughnuts, and Dr pepper

LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Linking food & sex = National Obesity!!
We all know "sex sells" but isn't this taking it TOO far??
Even I, a healthy fit predominantly hetero female, find myself watching this commercial as if hypnotized!!
(And yeah...the salad looks good TOO!
)

www.youtube.com...

Aggghhhh!! Can't get video to embed!!

[edit on 1/8/2010 by SmokeyDawn]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I do believe there are differences in the way people metabolize food. My ex used to have to eat every 2 hours - or he would get headachy and irritable. But he was always drip thin. When on holiday together, I could only eat half as much as him - otherwise I would have come back as big as a house.
And I have a friend who eats enormous meals and can't put a pound on. Life just ain't fair

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

Yeah im like that too. My high metabolism means I can eat as much as i want and not put any weight on. I went to the doctor because i though there was something wrong with me. He warned me that although i did'nt put weight on physicaly. Fat can still build up around the heart and things. So i still need to be carefull.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
so i feel like a hypocrite

im sitting at my desk eating doritoes, gardettos, doughnuts, and Dr pepper

LOL

Nuff said. But, go back for a second and re-read your OWN posts.

I think this thread is a great example of the crap clogging ATS' veins. Posters that feel they need to see their words on a screen.

Next time. Please, please think about what you really want to convey in YOUR thread and stick to it.

First it was Fat Americans, then just Fat Americans food choices, then American diet attitudes, then the FDA's fault, then just fat people, now, you pull out that, dispite your total aggravation with Fat Americans, you're sitting there munching junk food and pop whilst wasting away ranting at people on the internet. Classy.

Your point is fuzzy man and that makes for a crappy thread. Don't feel alone, though. Many do it and most times I ignore it and just move on, but, this thread aggravated me enough to post my thoughts.

Bravo.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
sorry dude, im a little wishy washy sometimes, dont know what im trying to say and when i say it, it comes out worng

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by DOADOA

Koreans and Japanese.

Who revere little statues of a fat guy.

Do you hate Buddha as well?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join