It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malaysian Churches Firebombed in Dispute Over Use of Word 'Allah'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Now the name for God is being fought over? There is no end to the ways in which religious groups can find fault with on another.

You can't use the word "Allah" it's ours?

C'mon these sh#t's getting ridiculous.

As far as Muslims thinking that fllow Muslims will convert to Christianity if the Christians are using the term "Allah" I don't think this would be the case. It's seems to be in Malaysia the harrasment of a minority Christian group by the Sharia ruled majority.

Does it Mean God?

The word "Allah" is the perfect description of the "One God" of monotheism for Jews, Christians and Muslims!

Is "Allah" only for Islam and Muslims?
[No! It is for All Three Abrahamic Faiths.]

This story brought to you by most earthly and humble Catholic Church and your friendly neighborhood Religion of Peace.

[url=http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/religion/Malaysian-Churches-Firebombed-in-Dispute-Over-Use-of-Word-Allah-80986057.html]www1.voanews.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

Allah,is a pagan god and not the God of Abraham.We will see more things
like this as the year progresses.Churches burned,people could be executed
or placed in prison.We are living in the end times and dark days are ahead.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The basic tennents of relgions all over the globe.

Don't kill, dont steal ect in my opionon are good social laws to live by so in that there is nothing wrong with religions but when doctorn and mans interpritaion of religion are taken into account it just goes down real quick.

What is it with people that some feel the need to fight and kill over something that can't and never will be proven.

religion to me seems to be more of tool for keeping and maintaing control over resources and the masses. Like all men that get in power they want to keep it or get more and at the end of the day most religions are out for material wealth and control over more and more people.

I have thought that Islam was going through the same stage in devolpment that christianity went through during the inquasitions.

Wheter it will every come out of that stage I doubt because the religon its self leaves no room for growth or change.

It will either self destruct, be destoryed and pushed to the side lines or dominate the entire globe. Lets hope it never dominates the globe.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstRonin
There is no end to the ways in which religious groups can find fault with on another.

You can't use the word "Allah" it's ours?

C'mon these sh#t's getting ridiculous.

First
I defently agree with you here, thanks for saying it. Talk about takeing muting of free speech to a new level.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
There is only one god, and that god comprises all that is.

A wise man, whose words were recorded in the bible, spoke of god calling himself "I am".

God is beyond names and beyond religions. At best these are just our pathetically feeble attempts to come to some understanding of god.

At worst they are a power-grab, a way to indoctrinate people and enforce certain behaviours.

God is not an insane old thrower of thunderbolts roaring down at us from his cloud.

He is a friend, hand outstretched to hold our own, giving support as we cope with life.
He is the beauty of the rainbow.
He is the love that stirs in your heart when your baby, offered a breast, looks up at you gurgling happily before diving in for a drink.
He is the pain of loss, when one you love dies.
He is the wonder in your heart as you feel the stars surrounding you at night, and realise how tiny you are and how little you know of this huge and wondrous universe.
And, for my atheist boyfriend, god is a part of the female anatomy which I won't name, and which he worships assiduously.

When a religion pretends to own god, or "salvation", or to have rights to some name for him, listen with your soul and you will feel the laughter of God echoing through the universe.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
all abrahamic religions are the same

this is like a clone fighting with another clone wherein they are both clones of the same person

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am not a Bigot by any definition of the word. For most of my life I had nothing against Muslims at all. The last few years, well, that has changed. I don't know if its anti-Islam propaganda clogging things up or what, but they seem to want to phk everyone over! They seem to want to kill in the name of god. Yes I know they aren't the only religion that has done this but more Christians (in today's age) would tell you that killing in any form cannot be gods work.

What happened to nonviolent religious practices with Muslims?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This really is insane, and I am curious if anyone has come across any statements by other Muslim groups. I am fortunate to have Arab friends of both Christian and Muslim faiths, and both use the word Allah for God when speaking in Arabic. Although I do not read Arabic myself these same Christian Arab friends tell me that Allah is used both in Churches and the Arabic version of the Bible, as it is simply a translation of the word God, well "the God" actually.

It saddens me that now SOME want to cause further misunderstanding and hatred. If my friends are correct that it is simply the same word in two different languages these thugs essentially are attempting to ban or cause fear in saying God in Church. Wow. There may be many differences between the faiths but a belief in God is not among them.

Edit to add: paragraph 1 "I do not read Arabic" I can however read English lol

[edit on 8-1-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstRonin

Ah, madness is typical of this religion, nothing surprises me anymore. The muslim prophets are child rapists along with some of the other muslim's alive today who's sharia laws allow them to take 9 yr old girls as wives. The particular prophet who died from eating poisionous berries whilst supposedly being a genius is fairly ironic.

Another irony is that a far number of young muslim adults living in the west have never read the qu'ran, and being an athiest I've at least had a flick thru' a few pages of it. And then there's the muslim's who say they read it every time before going to bed after prayers - I'm surprised anyone can stay sane after reading so much hatred about jews and non-believers.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by john124]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Very intense. There was a recent thread where a Catholic bishop actually encouraged Christians to use the word 'Allah' when referring to God as a form of reconciliation [read: appeasement].

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps he needs to be aware of incidents like this.

As for the firebombing: I'm not surprised anymore.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
guys you are reading too much into this
seriously, this is just one idiot who did this big deal

look at this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
that's much more than one idiot

Also
Church's anti-Islam sign

You would be equally narrow-minded to say that all christians hates others for the above two items

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

LOL! First of all, I'm so tired of the derailment that always happens in these kinds of threads. Firebombing of churches is really the equivalent of a t-shirt campaign. Really? Free speech vs. violent destruction of property?

Oh, no wait. It wouldn't even be the equivalent because you're actually trying to say the shirts are worse.

IMO, the shirt campaign = stupid but within the law. Firebombing = violent and dangerous.

Can we please quit minimizing tragedy and violence by deflecting threads?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello all

I heard this on the radio on the way in to work today, my initial reaction was, what a bunch of childish idiots, when i heard these angry people it made me mad and angry too, but soon after i couldn't help thinking this is happening on purpose (my opinion only), get peole all annoyed at muslims, all i've heard the last couple of weeks is terroism, it's like we're been mentally set up for something to happen and most of soceity will be only be too willing to accept us sending more troops here there and anywhere .. just my thoughts

Regards

Satellite1

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I believe in God, everlasting, ever loving, and most High. However if his name is taken in vain, then surely rather than rant against it, or persecute the speaker of those words if one is to follow scripture, then it is upon the believers to pray for that person ?
I do not see why it must always be war that comes of misplaced words, or ignorant gumflapping. Why not reason? Why not peace? If someone does something that by your faith is reason for them never to enter heaven, why compound the issue by making this person suffer and die? What purpose does that serve exactly ?
I dont want an answer to that, because there IS no appropriate answer. Christianity has had for ethical reasons to water down its reactions to certain things. Centuaries ago, Crusaders would have been running through the streets of the city in question, gutting and burning what they called heretics left and right as a reaction to this. THANKFULLY that no longer occurs, individual nations may take it upon themselves to present a united front against xenophobia but thats the extent of it . There is no holy war now. It is ignorance of freedom vs the free world. I hope it is clear, the ignorance that allows murder over religion will not survive. It will perish, those who support it will perish. And if they do not relent , thier entire civilisation will fall under the weight of free minded people, determined that no one kill in the name of God.
Dont get me wrong, unfortunately there is war against this now, and it is bloody and bitterly opposed , but not all the hype is propeganda.
When extremists do wrong, they only add to the case against them. When Christians and Israel do wrong, I personaly wish upon them the wrath of God, just the same as I do for Muslim extremists, or anarchists, or satanists. Anyone who steps beyond the globaly accepted markers of right and wrong deserves anything they get in return .
I take that veiw now because although I love my God, I also love freedom. Freedom from religious oppresion , freedom from political oppresion, these are important not just to me but to the way I live my life, and the people I live it with. There can be no backing down in the quest for planet wide freedom from xenophobia and hypocrasy

[edit on 8-1-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Well I wasn't refering to that but only the "don't say allah" part

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this is the second story in a week that Christians are attacked in an Islamic country. (link

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The world Allah comes from Hebrew.
It means Power in Hebrew, not originally a Arabic word.

The only reason they know the word Allah is because Muhammad told them that word which he learned directly from the Biblical Israelites, Muhammad was illiterate and later turned against the Israelites that taught him about God.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Islam, I can sum it up in one satire.

Jesus meets Muhammad.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by DaMod]

top topics

join