It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Christians Say 'Allah'? In Malaysia, Muslims Say No

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Time

"Why are the Christians claiming Allah?" asks businessman Rahim Ismail, 47, his face contorted in rage and disbelief. He shakes his head and raises his voice while waiting for a taxi along Jalan Tun Razak, a main thoroughfare in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia's capital. "Everybody in the world knows Allah is the Muslim God and belong to Muslims. I cannot understand why the Christians want to claim Allah as their god," Rahim says as passers-by, mostly Muslims, gather around and nod in agreement.

The reason for their anger is a recent judgment by Malaysia's High Court that the word 'Allah' is not exclusive to Muslims. Judge Lau Bee Lan ruled that others, including Catholics who had been prohibited by the Home Ministry from using the word in their publications since 2007, can now use the term. She also rescinded the prohibition order freeing the Malay language-edition of the Catholic monthly The Herald to use Allah to denote the Christian god. After widespread protests, however, the judge granted a stay order on Jan. 7. The same day the government appealed to the higher Court of Appeal to overturn the ruling. The anger seemingly turned violent late Thursday night after masked men on motorcycles firebombed three churches in the city, gutting the ground floor of the Metro Tabernacle Church located in a commercial building in the Desa Melawati suburb of the capital. The attacks, which police said appeared uncoordinated, were condemned by the government, opposition MPs and Muslim clerics alike. On Friday Muslims demonstrated in scores of mosques across the country but the protest was peaceful. In the mosque in Kampung Baru, a Malay enclave in the city, Muslims held placards that read "Leave Islam Alone!, Treat Us As You Would Treat Yourself! Don't Test Our Patience!" This, amid cries of "Allah is Great!"

Read more: www.time.com...

Malaysia "Allah" row spills on to Facebook

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) – More than 43,000 Malaysians protested online over a court ruling allowing a Catholic paper to use the word "Allah" to describe the Christian God, signaling growing Islamic anger in this mostly Muslim Southeast Asian country.

A group page on social networking site Facebook was drawing 1,500 new supporters an hour on Monday as last week's court ruling split political parties and even families.

I find this rather odd in several ways. One, why malaysian christians use the world Allah in the first place (if that's what happened). Two, do the muslims admit that Allah is a muslim god (not a universal one). Three, why the malaysian muslims have problem with it, while the indonesian muslims do not. I wonder what christians from other countries think? It looks to me that certain religion is heavily influenced by culture, instead of just pure spirituality.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Considering the allah deity is unrelated to God, I never understood why a non-muslim would want to invoke it. Just another example of dhimmitude among the kufar. The jihad in Malaysia has been ongoing for some time and non-muslims are being sacrificed so that we can continue the charade of political correctness.

Leave the Allah deity to the muslims. Leave the Kabba to the muslims. Leave the black rock from space that is worshipped therein to the muslims. For they are dead.

So sad this 1,400 year old conspiracy continues unabated.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

One religion seems to be as barking mad as another, christians Amen this and amen that yet Amen was an Egyptian god.

Perhaps a good way to sort out all these gods is to dedicate Alaska to religion stick all the religious in Alaska and let them fight it out till whichever god wins.

Whichever religion wins, let them keep Alaska to themselves so the rest of the world can work toward living in peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is it not easier to say 'Moon'. That's the same is Allah!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I don't think that would work and Alaskans might not approve.

Because religious and spiritual feelings are literally wired into the structure of the human brain, we are pretty much defined by them.

Our very structure imbues all humans with duality. It cannot be avoided or overcome. It can't be eliminated, purified, absolved, saved, unified, or renounced. The right and the wrong, the left and the right, the god and the man, it is what makes us human.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I heard 'Allah' is actually the pagan god Baal, they can keep him...
Also, the word Amun refers to the father of all pharaohs, and was the first king of Egypt. The christian and Hebrew God is YHWH or the short version JAH. Why christians would want to use the term Allah is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

join