It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids in Iraq smoke at an early age!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Greetings from Iraq. The following pics you are about to see may be shocking, if not disturbing but the future of Iraq just might not be as bright as initially thought.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ec461ad3aa6.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, regardless of age. Iraqi kids smoke and try to sell the solidiers cigs as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2665e7f37c76.jpg[/atsimg]

These pics were taken by me on the date of the pictures during my last deployment. If kids smoke as early as 6, then what about the rest of the world? Do kids in other countries smoke at an early age as well? I know I started smoking when I was 24 but this kind of action makes me want to quit real fast if I wasn't hooked. Whats your thoughts on this and when at what age did you start smoking?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Who gave that kid a black n mild? I bet I know who did...but i'm not telling
Seriously though this not really that surprising given that children in Somalia as young as 6 are given the drug Khatt to consume before they send them off to kill people. BTW thank you for your service...God bless.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

I don;t smoke black and mild so it wasn't me. however they can get any type of cigs from the black market or just in the streets.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Bunch of little bad a$$es! But can you really blame them for being a bid screwed up...I mean their country has been in active war for years and years, plus they've seen so many GI's do it and no doubt probably some of their family members as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Very true. Not just from us but from their parents as well. Although I never see any women smoke, maybe because they always have those burka's on and they dont want to catch on fire.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I think there's some kind of Arabic custom agianst women smoking (I could be wrong though) Anyhow it's sad but I can't claim innocence I started puffing dem down at 11...just not in a war zone and I had to steal them

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I still can't believe that I started smoking when I was 24 instead of your age or younger. Maybe because people back home were smoking some shrubs instead of cigs but I guess it depends where you were raised at. $tar for you for honesty.

Edit: Nice cat

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Stop-loss!]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Natural selection mate

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Considering their life expectancy is likely depressingly low it may be safe to say they are not smoking at a young age at all but are smokin in their middle aged years.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

pics you are about to see may be shocking

Living in a warzone, might be shot anytime? Check.
Living in a country where thousands of tons of depleted uranium were vaporized into airbourne dust? Check.
Kids being taken away at night and shot by US troops? Check.

Smoking...? OMG! HOW TERRIBLE!!! WHAT A BACKWARDS PLACE WE SHOULD BOMB THEM!!!

[edit on 8-1-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
To be honest and much to my shame I had my first cig when I was 6/7.. they had a vending machine on the wall outside the sweetie shop and my dad would always send me down to buy his No6 when he was to drunk or lazy to go, I kept the change and brought my own! So not shocked by this.. but I do get shocked by how the poor b*ggers have to live in a war zone.

My cousin has just got back from his second tour so please keep safe

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
i started when i was 12 here in sotland and it is still not uncoman to see kids as young as 12 and younger hanging about and smoking and just as bad drinking

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hey
Stop-loss! the reason they smoke at a young age like that is because of the war in iraq and the stress caused by war, if i ever you u probably should give the kids over there some gums

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I don't think they would like the aspartame in the gum, but what the hell, life is cheap here in iraq anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Most of you guys got $tars from me for good input, except for LordBucket for off topic BS but still thanks for the reply's everyone.

Edit: looks like no stars for anyone now that this thread is in BTS.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
and who said they don't have freedom? you need to find another way to get paid son.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
tobacco is bad... that's doesn't suprise me though.

What would suprise me is if they were shooting up heroin.

Hey and thanks for the photos...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by anoymous7]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Best believe I would have if I wasn't stop-lossed. I also wouldn't be smoking to begin with if I wasn't here.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Greetings from Iraq. The following pics you are about to see may be shocking, if not disturbing but the future of Iraq just might not be as bright as initially thought.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ec461ad3aa6.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, regardless of age. Iraqi kids smoke and try to sell the solidiers cigs as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2665e7f37c76.jpg[/atsimg]

These pics were taken by me on the date of the pictures during my last deployment. If kids smoke as early as 6, then what about the rest of the world? Do kids in other countries smoke at an early age as well? I know I started smoking when I was 24 but this kind of action makes me want to quit real fast if I wasn't hooked. Whats your thoughts on this and when at what age did you start smoking?

These look like some of the smartest kids i've seen in a long time! Assuming of course, they really live in a part of the world where they are conditioned to live in a war like scenario, and the chances of being killed or arrested before the age of 15 is....well, slightly higher than the odds of a drunk Native American in public, getting hauled off to the drunk tank!

Not to mention the chances of having to witness your Mother being killed, or your Sistes getting raped!

The trials of life! Choice, that mean 'ol bitch rears her head, again, and again! I'll swim through the rest of the thread....see what jumps out!

PEACE and LOVE to all our boys in the Middle East! Come home safely!
PLEASE?! I think if anyone is reading these words, NOW would be a good time for a prayer of safety, and a word of thanks to the "creator"(or whatever gets you there) for bringing home those who have made it back to us! Live, and let live!

Namaste!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Natural selection mate

LOLZERCANNONZYO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join