It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What (bottled) water is healthy to drink?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What do fridge or in-sink filters actually filter out? Does the filter that you can use with a coffee maker actually filter out anything?

Floride is only part of this thread as it started with What Water is best to drink?

I would also like to know the answer to this.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

There have been alot of studies showing no correlation between a fluoridated water supply and decrease in tooth decay. Then again there are lots saying the exact opposite aswell. People could go back and forward between who is right and who is wrong but the fact remains that it's a waste product being added that is not vital. If folks think fluoride helps their teeth then use toothpaste that has fluoride in it. Only the essential things should be added to the water supply such as chlorine. Im honestly more worried about all the other crap that cannot be filtered out that has leeched it's way into our water, and my countries water is not fluoridated so it's not something i worry about.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
We drink Ozarka bottled water. It is spring water mixed from two/three different springs in Texas.

Unless the bottle says spring water I do not drink it, because it is only purified tap water otherwise. I do not drink it if it lists any additives either.
As far as safety goes I guess it is as safe as the sources it comes from.
Raist

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

The research was an aggregation of the studies, but it is the consensus of the research that counts. In all communities (e.g. dentists) there will be those who do not subscribe to the mainstream view, but I think that within the dental community as a whole the mainstream supports fluoridation, even though dentists clearly benefit from a population with rotting teeth!

I am afraid that we will have to agree to disagree on this one. You can believe you are being poisoned and that there is a conspiracy to that end, and I will believe (based on experience and the research) that fluoridation is a worthwhile pursuit in the fight against tooth decay and is measurably beneficial.

Not being a toxicologist, I cannot make an informed comment on sodium fluoride, except to point out that according to Wikipedia this chemical is poisonous in high enough doses (stated in tens of grams) whereas the amount of fluoride in water is "trace", i.e. milligrams. Additionally, sodium fluoride is not always the source chemical for fluoridation.

Regards

The mainstream of dentists might support flouridation, yes, but does that make it correct? The mainstream of doctors will tell you that dairy is good for you, but if you were to do any research, you'd probably find that dairy is incredibly unhealthy purely because of all the chemicals being pumped into the animals producing dairy products. Milk might be good for you - if you raised your own cow.

The same thing can be said about most things we consume that are produced on a mass scale. Most of our food is polluted. How many products in your cabinet contain high fructose corn syrup? Genetically modified corn starch? These are the things that are making us sick. And when people DO find out about the crazy stuff in their food and water, there's someone to say, oh, it's only TRACE amounts - it won't hurt you. Maybe it won't hurt you if you consume it sparingly... but how much water do you drink a day? How much food do you eat a day? How old are you? How long have you been consuming these things? And how long do you plan on living?

For a minute, man-man global warming was backed up by scientists. It wasn't until independent scientists who went against the mainstream came forward with new data that disagreed with the AGW theory that the truth started coming forward. I feel like the scenarios between AGW and flouridation aren't too terribly different.

And I'd also like to say that scientists, doctors, dentists, and so on, are people too. Perhaps mainstream dentistry supports flouridation because they were told flouride helps prevent tooth decay. Do you expect every dentist to conduct his own independent research to confirm that claim? Or would it make more sense for them to trust their superiors and do as they said?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

When I researched the question earlier this wek, I found the best site was the "Environmental Working Group". These are the same folks that rank radiation from cell phones. To agree with others, it seems bottled water by and large isn't safe from chemicals and EPA has done nothing on this. And that a filter on your tap or jug and reverse osmosus is the way for us to to go.

www.ewg.org...
www.ewg.org...

Edit to add specific page

[edit on 8-1-2010 by pumpkinorange]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
We sell inour store, RAID ant traps..the ingriedient on the back, says posion* contains sodium fluoride.. ironically, they stopped printing them on the boxes*
You cannot use a coffee filter, to remove fluoride. fluoride is very difficult to remove from water. Reverse osmosis will prob get rif of a good 97% of it, but 2 factors..reverse osmosis wastes more water than you make, the usual ratio is every 3 gallons wated to make 1 gallon. And it also removes minerals your body requires* some say to jsut take mineral supplements.
I persoannly, have a twin counter top unti, fist housing is a 0.2 micron carbon block filter, and the other , is activated alumina...its supopsed to remove 60 -70 percent of fluoride, its mixed with GAC(granular activated charcoal), i but them at www.pwgazette.com the fitlers are inexpensive. the fluoride gac filter is rated at 600 gallons of use till its time to replace, and the PB1 (0.2 micron) is rated at i forget, 30,000 gallons?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

No tap or bottled water is safe! Flouride is toxic and don't think for one moment that it's not put into bottled water as well because many "bottled" waters come from the same sourced that come out of taps.

You have that right.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
There are also dozens of threads on ATS here that discuss bottled watre, flouride, etc - maybe do a search if you don't find what you're looking for here.

I dug this up from a thread called Not much about bottled water or something like that.

Arrowhead - Nestle Waters North America, Kim Jeffery
Poland Spring - Nestle Waters North America, Kim Jeffery
Dasani - Coca Cola Co, Neville Isdell
Aquafina - owned by Pepsico, inc., Indra Nooyi
Fiji - Fiji Water company LLC, John Edward Cochran
Evian - Danone, Franck Riboud
Dannon - The Dannon Company, inc., Gustavo Valle

Most bottled water is just purified tap water and the same thing they use in sodas!

I hear Fiji water is really pure, and also expensive. If the price suddenly goes down we know who got involved

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Anybody ever drink this water from ancient old ice from the north/south-pole? Would that be the purest water natural water on earth? How about distilled water.....? And isn't it so that humans are designed to be able to drink water without all that crap in it? They do not need fluoride additives.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
HMM not sure ide drink melted ice from antarctica..i mean thier could be frozen bacteria in thier unkown to our bodys* that wouldnt be good* Be too expensice to import anyways* that would be interesting though, seeing a commercial or prodcut, of fresh melted south pole water

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The purest water would be distilled then run it through a reverse osmosis filter to get anything left over. I get my distilled from a super market and transfer it to glass as soon as i get home. Eventually I'll get a distiller. Can't afford one now. The plastic will leach chemicals into the water. Avoid all plastic if possible.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

“For the last 15 years I have worked at the Glenmore Water Treatment Plant operating the chemical dosing of water taken from the Fitzroy River for the city’s consumption,” Graham said.

“Until now all processes adopted have made the water either clean or safe to consume.

“Fluoride addition does neither and questionably compromises the safety aspect.

“With this ethical, plus a few moral issues, I realised my present position was untenable.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Flouride does occur natuarally in groundwater in some areas and sometimes above the "safe limit", but the populations contine to live un-poisoned.

Unpoisoned? While people everywhere are dying of cancer and the doctors are saying "we don't know why you got it"?

If you are totally paranoid then you could spend the rest of your life distilling water to remove everything, but that woiuld be silly methinks.

Nothing wrong with pure water. Solar distillers are cheap and easy to build.

[edit on 14/1/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

People seem to be very concious about bottled water and how pure it is.. pointless if toxins from the plastic are leaching into it anyway.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why not get a water distiller that can distill 1 gallon of water a day which ends up cheaper than bottled water. Costs around 150$ and consumes 500W-750W to produce 1 gallon every 4-5 hours. And if you are paranoid or brainwashed about the "useful" minerals in water buy a trace mineral/element supplement to compensate or eat more raw vegetables. This will make you stop worrying about the crap they put in water to melt your brain.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

The problem with distilled water is that non mineral volatile chemicals will condense with the water molecules. Distilled water is great for getting rid of heavy minerals though.

My local water salesman gave me a scare lecture about Fluoride being the big problem. His company specialized in reverse osmosis filtering so there would have been a profit motive conflict for him to talk about chloramine.

I did some research and found that my local water district is now using a chlorine ammonia combination that kills fish. Reverse osmosis does not remove chloramines.

Water purification is a very confusing subject. What we really need is a map of common water faults by geographic area along with intelligent analysis. The best advice I have heard comes from the survivalist groups that talk about the secondary intrusion problem.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by zatara
What are your thoughts about the water question and how do you guys protect yourself against the stuff in it?

Dont be paranoid, just drink the tap water, flouride will do you no harm

Is that a joke?

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I, admittedly, stick with one brand of bottled water. I can't (won't) argue the downside of the plastic bottles, no doubt. I stick with the one brand because I know exactly what goes into it....I work at the bottling plant. Our water comes from wells located on our property and is sent through 2 different filtering mediums before going through the RO process.....our carbonated drinks utilize water purified through the first two processes only (still checked for Ph and Conductivity continuously). When water is purified to the extent that we take on bottled water....it is left so totally bland that there are minerals added to it prior to bottling.
Not arguing or countering any points made so far, just wanted to give some firsthand observations

posted on Jan, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
You know Evian water in Canada is just British tap-water.

What does it spell backwards?....

Naive.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I heard flouride in the water supplies leads to homosexuality. this is part of the HIV conspiracy by the government that is used to keep the population under control. DO NOT DRINK TAP WATER IT IS FULL OF TOXINS

the only way i know of countering the effects of flouride is with shrimp and white wine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join