It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What (bottled) water is healthy to drink?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
After reading about the fluoride put in water for reasons other than to preserve your teeth, I would like to know if fluoride is also added in bottled water.

If so, are there any brands of water that is without additives.

I would also like to know if there are places on earth where it is save to drink rain water.

Are there filters on the market that take out the fluoride. I also heared that there are al kinds of medicine that couldn't be extracted in the water that comes out the faucet.

Will boiling the water have any effect to make it more healthy top drink?

What are your thoughts about the water question and how do you guys protect yourself against the stuff in it?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
What are your thoughts about the water question and how do you guys protect yourself against the stuff in it?

Dont be paranoid, just drink the tap water, flouride will do you no harm

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Thanks dereks...I feel much better already....?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I suppose we are very lucky here to have artesian waters, spring water coming straight out of the mountian caves, mineral water coming up from miles underground, and we can still take our jugs and fill them up for free. Some of the best tasting around here comes from Cave Springs, we take our own jugs and fill up all we want.
As far as bottled water goes, I saw a couple of shows about them being for the most part, tap water from cities, even New York tap water. One bottled water I do like and purchase is called Deja Blue.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
No tap or bottled water is safe! Flouride is toxic and don't think for one moment that it's not put into bottled water as well because many "bottled" waters come from the same sourced that come out of taps.

5. How can I determine if bottled water is really just tap water? Often it's not easy. First, carefully check the bottle label and even the cap -- if it says "from a municipal source" or "from a community water system" this means it's derived from tap water. Again, you can call the bottler, or the bottled water program in your state or the state where it was packaged.
www.nrdc.org...

Also heres a good one: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Fluoride effects the brain. I would like dereks to point to any evidence of the contrary. Plus take a look from the EPA site.

Boiling water kills the bacteria and such in it.

Reverse osmosis is the most effective way to purify water.

Besides fluoride you have chlorine, antibiotics, steroids, pcb's, bacteria, viruses, minerals, bromate, chlorite, nitrates, mercury and numerous other biologicals, chemicals, pharmaceutical, toxins, and minerals.

EPA-Drinking Water Contaminants

Myself have installed in my refrigerator line a 3 phase filtration system (currently cannot afford a reverse osmosis filter) along with the refrigerator's filter. I do not drink bottled water because you have no way of knowing if it is contaminated or not.

Going further into the fluoride component, how is it that fluoride is just below cyanide in toxic components there dereks.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Lewis Black exposes water -

[yvid][yvid]HafyhoPdKW0[/yvid[/yvid]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by moocowman]

[edit on 8-1-2010 by moocowman]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Hi Zatara
I have mentioned this company a few times on ATS now, they should give me royalties

Noble's Pureau www.noblebeverages.com...
Its the only water I drink at home
From their website:

Pureau is the only water in Australia that is 100% guaranteed to have:
No chlorine
No bacteria
No salt
No fluoride
No other impurities

And If you buy it in a cask, no BPA

[edit on 8/1/2010 by wycky]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

After reading about the fluoride put in water for reasons other than to preserve your teeth, I would like to know if fluoride is also added in bottled water.

And what else is flouride put in water for apart from dental health? Please enlighten. Please, not a nutter on Youtube - try a peer reviewed scientific paper or similar.

If you look at the ingredients of bottled water you will be able to see what it is composed of. Bottled water is a bit of a con though.

Flouride does occur natuarally in groundwater in some areas and sometimes above the "safe limit", but the populations contine to live un-poisoned.

If you are totally paranoid then you could spend the rest of your life distilling water to remove everything, but that woiuld be silly methinks.

Regards

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Im pretty sure the fluoride in good bottled water is naturally occurring calcium fluoride...not sodium fluroide which is a waste product from many industries. Of course bottled water is a complete waste of money in the end, just get a filter for your tap.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

And what else is flouride put in water for apart from dental health? Please enlighten. Please, not a nutter on Youtube - try a peer reviewed scientific paper or similar.

The origin of adding fluoride to water supplies occurred in 1939 when industry commissioned a biochemist to find a use for the large amount of sodium fluoride wastes produced by aluminum pot lines. Big industry pressured state and local governments to fluoridate their water supplies and the public was given the sales pitch that fluoride would prevent tooth decay.

www.realfoods.net...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
In a word, probably not that many. Most bottled water comes from municple sources and is labeled as "purified water" and is run through additional filtering. My understanding is that it still contains flouride - and sorry Dericks, there is PLENTY of evidence that points to dangers of Flourosis from receiving too much flouride. Additionally, flouride has been linked to neurological disorders as well, although not conclusively proven - there is clinical evidence of it.

If you are going to drink bottled water, you would do well to look for "Spring water" that specifically identifies the source and it's registration number. That being said, you still run the rik of the chemicals leaching from the plastic container into the water, espcially if it experiences temperature fluctuations. The more extreme the fluctuations, the higher the concentration of chemicals.

My suggestion, have a whole house water softener installed in your home, and then add an in-line RO (Reverse Osmosis) for the lines that service the kitchen sink and ice maker. A whole house system would prove cost prohibitive! Here is a link with some additional information.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Ok, thier are 2 different kinds of fluoride..calcium fluoride i think it is.thats the natural stuff. And then the manmade stuff, sodium hexoluoriode, sodiummonoflouride. Sodium fluoride is what is in toothpaste. In my researches, sodium fluoride is a bi product of the phosphorus nad fertilizer industry.Its basically srapped off the pipes and pipe towers, and added from thier without further processing, to water, and other products, in theory, its becuase the cause of disposing it is too expensive, somewhat comparable to disposal of atomic waste*
Sodium fluoride builds up in the penial par of the brain oer time, it calcifys to the tissue. It is nit easy to get rid of, once intorduced via water or body, and it is in fact, EASILY absorbed through your skin, gum tissue. Your body willt ypically get rid of daily, about 50% of all abosrbed fluoride via kidneys n liver, but the other 50% travles through yuor body, and to the brain. Fluoride attracts to bone*
SO! didnt mean to go off topic... boiling water has shown to concentrate fluoride, as well as other metals and contaminants in water. Revese osmosis and water distillation are he only real mean ways of eliminating it from yuor water, of course the best is it should have never been introduced in the first place.
Where i work we sell FIJI water. its really good water. its volcanic rock filtered, from Hawaii. inexpensive too!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

And there I was ready to believe all the scientific research and evidence that flouridisation prevents tooth decay and does nothing else.

Regards

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I just recently had a current topics type article for my english exam this week and was surprised that the article was about how bad bottled water actually is. Apparently bottled water is the same, if not worse than regular tap water. There were a few reasons behind this, one of them was something to to with some chemicals in the plastic bottle leeching into the water, another was that most bottled water is actually tap water or water from places in the states. Most contain all the same heavy metals and contaminants that tap water has. Apparently the water sold by the coke and pepsi companies was the worst. I guess most people such as myself assume that its all "mountain fresh" spring water... hahaha.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
reply to post by wycky

And there I was ready to believe all the scientific research and evidence that flouridisation prevents tooth decay and does nothing else.

Regards

That's funny. I can find no scientific study that shows that flouride has any statistically relevant effect on tooth decay. As someone else posted, it was sold to the public thru advertising in the 1930's that it prevented tooth decay but the real reason it is there is simply to dispose of an unwanted substance that would be very costly to dispose of in any other way.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
From what ive researched, thier is NO, thast a bog fat 0, evidence that shows fluoride prevents teethdecay. tis allabout yuor diet* if you eat food with lots of sugar obviulsy in it, candy as well, you willstillhave tooth rot, decay, fillings needed, teeth pulled, dentures...hell my father used crest and colgate ALL his life, and by 52, also because of smoking had to have most of his teeth pulled, and replaced by dentures*
Fluoride i frimly belive, does not help stop tooth decay* poeple still get cavitys with its use...so put 2 and 2 together..it dosnt work. what is its REAL purpose then in the water? It has recently been medicaly attrubuted, to bone decay and arthritis as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

Oh, where to start... Let's give a research paper.

A Systematic Review of Water Fluoridation Opens as a PDF. This is a study by the University of York on the effect of fluoridation. I admit it is a bit heavy, but that's research for you. The research may also help you understand the fallacy that the fluoridation of water causes bone decay et al.

Which 1930's public are you talking about? I assume the US, yet many countries now routinely add fluoride to mains water with the specific and expressed intention of improving dental health. This is not some terrible conspiracy to poison the populations of these countries or to disperse toxic waste, it is a worthwhile exercise of substantial benefit.

Apart from a few quacks on Youtube or single-focus websites on conspiracies or "organic" food I cannot find a proper, peer reviewed scientic study that says fluoridation has no - or detrimental - effect. Now, of course these studies may have been systematically surpressed by the NWO, but I doubt it.

Regards

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well the page linked below has links to 6 studies that show it has little to no effect whatsoever on tooth decay.

www.fluoridealert.org...

A study by the National Institute of Dental Research says "No Relationship
Between Fluoridation and Tooth Decay Rate"

www.icnr.com...

Plus an article citing dentists as admitting that it really does little to nothing:

www.icnr.com...

There tons of studies that show sodium fluoride is highly toxic and may be the root cause of many "diseases" being treated by the medical establishment worldwide. Even UNICEF warns against using it.

Just google: fluoride negative effects
and read the first 10-20 links of 370,000 hits if you want some really eye opening stuff.

It's crap. It's poison. Brushing your teeth with non-fluoride paste or gel has the same effect cavity wise so why take the chance on poisoning yourself even if you don't believe it personally?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

The research was an aggregation of the studies, but it is the consensus of the research that counts. In all communities (e.g. dentists) there will be those who do not subscribe to the mainstream view, but I think that within the dental community as a whole the mainstream supports fluoridation, even though dentists clearly benefit from a population with rotting teeth!

I am afraid that we will have to agree to disagree on this one. You can believe you are being poisoned and that there is a conspiracy to that end, and I will believe (based on experience and the research) that fluoridation is a worthwhile pursuit in the fight against tooth decay and is measurably beneficial.

Not being a toxicologist, I cannot make an informed comment on sodium fluoride, except to point out that according to Wikipedia this chemical is poisonous in high enough doses (stated in tens of grams) whereas the amount of fluoride in water is "trace", i.e. milligrams. Additionally, sodium fluoride is not always the source chemical for fluoridation.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join