It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frozen Britain seen from above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This striking image taken by Nasa's Terra satellite on 7 January shows the UK deep in the clutches of the current cold snap.

I knew it was cold but check this out, it seems colder today as well was minuse ten when i went to work this morning

[edit on 8/1/10 by On the level]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Looks like a scene from the movie 'The Day After Tomorrow.'

Sorry, had to say it. cool image BTW.

link   
Both of your links are to the same image. Amazing image none-the-less.

I live just across the way in the Netherlands. I have done for the last 10 years and I've never in that time known it to be anywhere near as cold as this. It was minus 13 degrees celcius last night by the time I went to bed. I've also never seen this much snow here for such a prolongued time and we're due for more tomorrow according to the weather reports but I wouldn't be surprised to see more today judging from how the sky looks right now.

link   
Amazing images!!

Is that green land on the left Ireland?? How is that they did not get its share of snow too???
The clouds on the bottom right corner are spiraling... right??

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The first thing it reminded me was of the Day after tomorrow, looks like we are living it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
The first thing it reminded me was of the Day after tomorrow, looks like we are living it

But what day is it if the day after tomorrow is two days after the day before yesterday?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It can be argued that we are on our way to the next ice age. We are definitely seeing the extremes in the seasons from really hot summers to really cold winters. Global weather patterns are definitely changing with the El NiNo effect. We haven't had any snow yet in Vancouver and usually by now we've had some for a day or two. Ice Core data reveals wild fluctuations in Earths temperatures before an ice age happens. How long that takes is anyones guess.

You can see it everywhere on the news. 100 year storms on the Eastern seaboard of North America happening almost every year. That's not a 100 year storm anymore. Hurricanes getting really powerfull in very short amounts of time and more frequent powerfull storms. Abnormal weather reports around the world.

Oh yeah that is a cool photo and yes the first thing I thought of too was the "Day After Tomorrow".

[edit on 8-1-2010 by DEEZNUTZ]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
From last night on ATS....not that I want to spoil the thread but already posted and a few bits of banter going on....

ATS thread

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I saw this beautiful picture on BBC news today, I felt cold just looking at it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

Sorry mate didnt show up on the search Mods feel free to close this thread

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Its not just the UK that looks like that......

its the "entire northern hemisphere" its looks eactly like the day after tomorow footage all thats missing is the ocean ice, weather experts are claiming its going to continue for atleast another week maybe longer and by march we will all be looking at are worsth winter in 100 years

tempretures dropped to as low as -24 in scotland and -17 in england with 4" - 16" of snow still lying across the country more is expected 5cm today & tomorrow & sunday monday

ive never seen anything like it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey there, Sorry there is already a number of threads on this topic and we are trying to keep it all in one place,
If you could add to the first one it would be great,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join