It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb explodes in Northern Ireland

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by osc121

I can't answe for Bob but I would be happy to do that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by osc121

Originally posted by BingeBob
So like I said before...The cause is just but the violent means are not

To ignore that britain shouldnt be there is foolish.

So by that argument, you would be quite happy to give New Mexico and California back to the Mexicans? even Texas maybe?

and also allow "indian Reservations" to become independent?

Well Texas and New Mexico and Cali are further away to me than the moon. At least I can see the moon. Never been to either place. Im sure the Texans would have a problem with it.

The fact that those states are still part of the union are surprising to me since they are largely populated by mexicans.

I am not educated enough in the subject but i thought "indian reservations" were independent. Police their own and tax exempt etc. Even if they arent I would have no problem with them being so

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is going to be my last post in this thread.

I served in Northern Ireland for a straight 4 and half year stint. If any of you people who have never suffered death can think that this is justified in any way shape or form, you are plain crazy. My heart goes out to all of the communities that have suffered loss through primarily no fault of their own.

Terrorism and / or murder to further a cause from what ever group or divide can never be tolerated, condoned or justified!

For a small group of People the statistics of murder death and injury due to the troubles in Northern Ireland is incredibly high. I hope and pray these "dissedents" do not get their way and turn the clock back by 40 if not 90 odd years

My thoughts are with the Injured Policeman and his family, everyone forgets the families pain, why?

[edit on 8/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Questions that still remain are;

How do they know who was responsible for the bomb?

Why was this officer specifically targeted?

Could it have been a mistake or just a random act of violence?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

here

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I haven't checked the news lately to see if any of the sisident groups have claimed responsability yet but it has all the hall marks of a dissident republican group and I would think you will see one of them claim responsability quite soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This whole thing is startin to sound like life in many parts back home. War lords, and gangs. They just commit these crimes to commit them. THey scream pro Africa/(given Nation)/(given bloodline/ethnicity/tribe) but when it all boils down, they are nothing more than common criminals and thugs with guns. No balls, no glory and no honour, just bums. Their victims usually amount to men that have no weapons, women, and children. Just a pack of gutless arseholess that confuse fear with respect, and guns for their penis. I dont know much in the way of all the crimes these people in Ireland are guilty of beyond senseless murder, in that I dont know how the criminals in Ireland feel about forcing drugs and guns into the hands and throats of children against their own parents, and rape. Sounds like the white version of Mugabe. Just more criminals seeking more power. I truly feel for the people affected/effected by this. I truly feel for the tactics that will probably be taken against the criminals. I do not feel for the criminals in this, but I feel for those that will be casualties that have nothing to do with any of this on both English and Irish soil.
Sure. the two countries have a long history of making fun of each other, but these actions are far out of place and out of hand regardless of what your point of view is. I cannot apologise to or for, but I can feel for, and I do.
cheers

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by osc121

None of those questions I asked were answered by the update...Another good pic though!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

the republic of ireland would be kicked all the way back to the border.... the republican movement only operated so well because the police sheltered the republican community from loyalists..... the ira are a cowardly terrorist organization who only hit soft targets and when they do get into a firefight with the police or army end up dead or running away shouting dont shoot....

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
Questions that still remain are;

How do they know who was responsible for the bomb?

Why was this officer specifically targeted?

Could it have been a mistake or just a random act of violence?

Mistake ? i'm sure you would prefer if the pipe/car bomb was under a nasty English redcoat eh for Christ sake,i'm sure the local chavs would be suspect number 1.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

There would have been a civil war had one part not broken away- the problem was that around 15% of the population of the republic was unionist/british/protestant and 30% of the population of NI was catholic/nationalist.

But there was a civil war. After the Anglo-Irish treaty, the Irish free state became embroiled in a bloody and bitter civil war, as the treaty which gave up Ulster was seen as a sell out on the aims being fought for in the war of independence.

Now during that period the protestant population of ROI dwindled to 3% while the catholic population of NI has grown to over 40%- yet according to some bigots, it is NI where the discriimination lies.............

Hmm, I'm not sure what you are saying here. To deny that there was anti-Catholic discrimination in the North is either plain ignorance or egregious lies. What the hell do you think sparked off the 'Troubles' that dominated Irish politics for so long? In fact my family are one of many who crossed the border down south as refugees after violent targeting by loyalists in the late 60's. As for the Republic, I can't say I am aware of any discrimination towards Protestants. It may have happened, but if so was certainly very rare - I would be glad if you could point me towards some documented cases (from an objective source. IE: Not Rev.Ian Paisley.)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Theres a 20 min video on youtube that was produced by the IRA. Im interested to hear what you guys think about it if you have time to watch it.

www.youtube.com...

(Yeah im still fuzzy on the posting youtube vids thing)

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Your ignorance of the Northern Irish troubles is quite telling. Exactly which police force was sheltering Catholics from Protestants?

I'm confused because I don't believe the Gardai have jurisdiction in the North, and the RUC terrorized the Catholic community almost as much as loyalist paramilitary groups - hence the newer PSNI which is ideally made up of 50/50 Catholic and Protestant.

While we're on the subject, these dissident thugs are targeting Catholic members of the PSNI. So, not only are they waging a war against a democratically voted peace process but are also killing those that would be termed "Their own".

There is no place for these paramilitary groups in Irish politics. They are just thugs trying to wrap their criminal enterprises in a tri-colour.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I am very surprised that this news is in ATS.

My two brothers went to school with Peadar, infact one of my brothers where in the same classroom as Peadar. Both my brothers were good friends with Peadar, he was the captain of the GAA team, Catholic, fluent Irish language speaker and a member of the PSNI (Police Service of Northern Ireland).

Peadar was a very nice guy, a really really nice guy, a country man who loved the simple things in life.

The REAL IRA have nothing to do with the IRA, there is nothing REAL about them. Mi5 agents infiltrated the Real Irish Republican Army and it was even reported on MSM. My personal opinion of the RIRA, is that before the Omagh Bombing they were set up by Mi5 and Mi6 to insight fear, cause false flag operations and for the peace process of Northern Ireland to be disrupted in order to intimidate the Loyalist and Protestant paramilitary forces in order to bring back "The Troubles" to Northern Ireland.

Peadar never deserved what happened to him, there was nothing dodgy about the guy. I lived in Randalstown, I was born there. Its a quiet place, both Catholic and Protestant.

Peader is now disabled due to this attack on him, paralyzed.

I live in the center of the RIRA attacks, Belfast. I hear about things that would blow your mind away. My own school even had over 11 bomb threats last year. The things I have seen, heard etc...you would not believe. People that dont live in Belfast or dont have contacts that can hear about certain things before MSM gets the story need to sit back and realize that RIRA are not what they seem nor do they represent any old official Irish Republican Army members.

RIRA have members from other branches of the Official IRA, such as the CIRA, PIRA and of course the IRA. The RIRA have done nothing to fight for freedom of Ireland, they have actually not done anything for the people of Ireland. They cause fear, they murder random people and they have no goals other than to insight fear into the public to make the public think Ireland still has terrorists in order for the British Military and Government to take away the human rights of the people of Northern Ireland.

The Troubles are over, there was never any need for the RIRA, the Omagh bombing is like the Oklahoma bombing (for the people of America to relate to my story here).

Oklahoma bombing = Inside Job / American Government
Omagh Bombing = Inside job / British Government

To those people linking Muslims to the RIRA, that is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard. Its the most random thing I have ever heard, that is like saying Protestants blew up the Twin Towers. Its ridiculous.

To osc121. No they have not been rambling in the background for 18 months, they have been active and have been training in County Fermanagh and County Armagh for over a decade now.

I was asked to join the RIRA when I was on holiday, of course I declined. This happened when two people over heard me talking about Freemasons, the New World Order etc. Mentioning this on ATS or anywhere on the net could be a possible threat to my life, but I dont care because I am a patriot to planet Earth.

Again the RIRA have NO GOALS, let me put that straight.

Oh the stories I could share with you all about the troubles could have me typing on ATS for months. I have many stories, but some stories I can not tell, I would get knee-capped, seriously.

The RIRA are terrorists, nothing to do with the IRA or the PIRA, again, they are Mi5/Mi6. I need to emphasis this. Normal foot soldiers from older organizations have joined the RIRA thinking that it is an official branch, its not. These dumb meat heads think they are doing their country a favor. They are not, they are being mislead.

Let me also say, WATER separates Ireland/North of Ireland from Britain. If Germans came to America and took over the state of Texas, would Americans like Germans? I will leave you with that line. I know there are British people here who hate the IRA and hate Irish people, I met a few people on the Internet before who hated the Irish because his father was a Paratrooper who got hit on the head with a brick at a riot
Those paratroopers shot innocent men women and children dead in broad-daylight and there I was listening to a guy who thought he was in the right because his father got hit on the head with a brick! Well, his father should not have been in a foreign country shooting normal people that were unarmed for no reason.

I couldnt care less if any of you disagree with me, I know what I have seen, I know people involved. All you out siders think you got it all right, try living in Belfast when it all hit the fan. Ever hold a mans brain on the street while he is in your arms and your saying prayers for him? My mother and father held more than that, ever see Saving Private Ryan where the guys intestines is all out of his stomach? Well, as I said previously, I could tell you a serious amount of stories, all true. But as I type this I feel the sweat dripping and rolling down my arms, I feel my teeth clenching, I feel anger in my heart and my finger tips are typing so fast that my hands are also in a sweat. I need to stop before I completely ruin my night here, I dont want to feel negative.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad

the republic of ireland would be kicked all the way back to the border.... the republican movement only operated so well because the police sheltered the republican community from loyalists..... the ira are a cowardly terrorist organization who only hit soft targets and when they do get into a firefight with the police or army end up dead or running away shouting dont shoot....

You have it all back to front.

The LOYALISTS were sheltered by the RUC (now the PSNI). TWO WORDS FOR YOU SIR! MICHAEL STONE!

Why do people type stuff like this up when its complete BS? I fear this thread will be like the Irish Blasphemy thread were I ended up getting banned for a week on ATS due to my patriotic words. You dont know S###!

Only hit soft targets? Houses of Parliament, car bomb... member of parliament, underground car park...ring any bells?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
this is gettin out of hand, my partners 'baby' brother who's 17 and 6 foot 4 is constantly harrassed by the UD and other paramillatery's to join, often with the threat of violence if he dosn't. And it seems theres nothing you can do, the cops are too scared (fair enough) and the army is walking a tight rope on it. Lucky for him he's managed to avoid it by keeping his head down so to speak.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination
this is gettin out of hand, my partners 'baby' brother who's 17 and 6 foot 4 is constantly harrassed by the UD and other paramillatery's to join, often with the threat of violence if he dosn't. And it seems theres nothing you can do, the cops are too scared (fair enough) and the army is walking a tight rope on it. Lucky for him he's managed to avoid it by keeping his head down so to speak.

I hear you mate, my friends were grabbed by the CIRA and beaten up and physically abused and tortured because the CIRA thought he was a drug dealer. Guess what happened? He wasn't a drug dealer and the CIRA said him that he sells XTC, Cocaine, Speed and Weed and therefor he should continue to sell it and every month the CIRA demanded £30,000.00 from my friend. My friend tried to commit suicide. Why? Because he wasn't a drug dealer and the CIRA wanted 30k a month from him, he didn't know where to get 30k each month for them. The following month he got another beating, then the CIRA found out that he actually wasn't a drug dealer.

The PIRA during the 1990s patrolled the area where I live, one of their duties was to knee-cap and even murder drug dealers for poisoning the people of West Belfast because the drugs came from loyalist paramilitaries. As you ca see the goals of the CIRA are not the same as the old Provos. Most of the Provos in the 1990s up to this very day were themselves drug dealers and car thieves and robbers. Typical eh?

The only freedom fighters Ireland ever had was "The Official Irish Republican Army" and certain members within the Provos/PIRA. The rest are all false, terrorists.

EDIT: rubberhead is the only one in this thread apart from myself that knows the score!
I still have hope on ATS' knowledge of Ireland and its history of paramilitaries.

[edit on 8/1/2010 by the_denv]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

and the real ironic thing is he's Scottish!!!! He got the crap beaten out of him last year on the street two doors down from a cop shop by a bunch of grown men known to be with the UD, the cops wouldn't even open their door. Like all these so called 'troubles' wherever they are, it's hard to know the truth of the matter when it's hidden behind century's of miss-information and half truths, and it all seems so bloody pointless and a waste of life. Don't let anger get to you no matter what bro, it clouds your vision and turns your heart to stone. Yoda was right!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by k0mbination

and the real ironic thing is he's Scottish!!!! He got the crap beaten out of him last year on the street two doors down from a cop shop by a bunch of grown men known to be with the UD, the cops wouldn't even open their door. Like all these so called 'troubles' wherever they are, it's hard to know the truth of the matter when it's hidden behind century's of miss-information and half truths, and it all seems so bloody pointless and a waste of life. Don't let anger get to you no matter what bro, it clouds your vision and turns your heart to stone. Yoda was right!

Thanks for trying to keep my chin up buddy
Yoda was right!

Are you referring to Michael Stone? If so, how did he get the crap beaten out of him since he was in jail last year and will be in jail until the year 2024AD?

On 24 November 2006, at 11.16 am, Stone was arrested for attempting to enter the parliament buildings at Stormont armed with an imitation Beretta 92FS pistol, a knife and a "viable" bomb, after placing 8 "pipe bombs" within the grounds of Stormont.[13] One male and one female civilian security guard disarmed him as he entered the building, by trapping him within the revolving doors of the main lobby entrance. The security guards were injured during the struggle with Stone.[14] Following the security breach, the building was evacuated and an Army Bomb Disposal Unit was called to examine the suspect device. Before entering the building he had scrawled an incomplete graffiti stating "Sinn Féin IRA mur(derers)" on the Parliament building. Later examination from the bomb squad has revealed that the bag that Stone was carrying contained between 6 and 8 viable explosive devices. Sir Hugh Orde, the Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland, said "their potential for death, destruction and injury is being assessed" but added they were "fairly amateurish". On 19 December 2006, Stone's defence lawyer Arthur Harvey, QC, claimed on his behalf that the Stormont incident was not intended to endanger the life of anyone. "It was, in fact, a piece of performance art replicating a terrorist attack", claimed Harvey.[15] During his trial in September 2008, on 13 charges including the attempted murder of Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness, Stone repeated that his actions were "an act of performance art".[16]

The resumption of talks about power sharing and electing a First Minister between the parties at Stormont, which had only just resumed, had to be abandoned.[17]

The then Secretary of State for Northern Ireland (Peter Hain) indicated that Stone's licence for release under the "Good Friday Agreement" would be revoked, and the full 638 year sentence for triple murder, terrorist charges and firearm charges be reimposed on him, in line with his sentencing in 1988.

Since his release in 1998, Stone has admitted to several other acts of terrorism, including murder. The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) is currently drawing a case for these to be put to the judge in due course. On 25 November 2006, Stone appeared in court in Belfast charged with attempting to murder Sinn Féin leaders Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. Stone faced a total of five charges of attempted murder following the incident at Stormont. He was also charged with possession of articles for terrorist purposes, possession of an imitation firearm, assault, grievous bodily harm, possession of an offensive weapon and possession of explosives. The court heard the articles allegedly for terrorist purposes included nailbombs, an axe and a garrotte. Michael Stone was remanded in custody until 22 December 2006. [4] A letter written by Stone was published in the Belfast Telegraph on 29 November 2006. In the letter dated 24 November 2006, Stone described his "mission to Kill" Adams and McGuinness in detail, giving a description of his intended movements once inside the building.[15]

On 14 November he was found guilty of attempting to murder Sinn Féin leaders Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. The judge said defence evidence that Stone had been taking part in some sort of a "comic parody" was "hopelessly unconvincing" and "self-contradictory".[18] On 8 December 2008 Michael Stone received a 16 year sentence for his actions at Stormont.[19]

As well as the two attempted murder charges, he was convicted on seven other counts, including possession of nail bombs, three knives, a garrotte and an axe, as well as causing criminal damage to the Stormont building.[18]
Source

You are right about Yoda though, and thanks for trying to make me feel happy mate
Good intentions

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No he isn't Michael Stone,
go and have a beer and relax, doc's orders!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join