It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Seek Higher Awareness If It Meant Being Abducted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm just curious. I really hate to post a thread about this, but where else could I possibly ask such a question. Many people here are seeking a higher awareness. It's a hypothetical question I suppose, but it does have some merit I think. Many would agree that when you seek a higher knowledge, you do become a target in some way.

So my question is would you seek a higher personal awareness if it meant you would without a doubt, be abducted and tested?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Without a doubt in my mind, yes i would.

I think perhaps you do become a "target" of sorts when you become more aware.

But there is also the possibility that one becomes aware as a result of being abducted . . .

[edit on 1/8/2010 by JPhish]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
i wont say anything beyond this: I cannot dispute this thread.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
JPhish,
I completely agree with you. I hope I don't come off as foolish, maybe it's just hype... but I feel as if I'm asking for it by seeking higher awareness. Almost like a date of sorts, for lack of a better term. I know I'm going to seek it, and I also "know" I'm going to face some scary stuff as a result.

So I confess I had ulterior motives for this thread. Glad I'm not alone.

Stanlee,

Your post just confuses me.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm either an utter failure, losing awareness in the process, or this seeking has ended up in far fewer nuisance entities. Sometimes I sort of miss the buggers.

But, like JPhish said, maybe it works the other way 'round.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
Many would agree that when you seek a higher knowledge, you do become a target in some way.

There does seem to be some merit to what you just said in that when I was a loud mouthed beer swilling “oik” I never had any inkling of a higher purpose but since I have searched for a truth to the why of my life I have had some very strange things happen that could only be described as real synchronicity, déjà vu and even a psychic oneness with my wife.

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
So my question is would you seek a higher personal awareness if it meant you would without a doubt, be abducted and tested?

In a heartbeat!

Many in the forums are posting opinions about the abductors beings not only demons but that if you try to get abducted then you risk being stripped of organs while alive.

I read with an open mind but I assume personal agendas also.

So, even with these stories ringing in my mind I still will have no hesitation in walking toward a UFO that just landed over the brow of a hill or engaging an entity in conversation because my mind is not contaminated with the mindset of the aggressor, I wish only to know the truth and for no reason other than to learn why I am here swimming in the sewer.

I have already been accused of being naive and that the reality of such an event would have me running for the tree line but I know myself very well and I will not give into fear because I do not intimidate easily and I know that I will not turn tail and run.

I am just waiting for my chance and until then I do a lot of physical exercise to aid meditation and I strive to foster a sense of tolerance, understanding and respect for those around me because it feels important in the context of the search for truth.

Would I be prepared to give my life to learn the truth? I have searched for so long, probably since childhood that the answer would be a resounding yes.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

oh smoke . . . you have no idea how much i empathize with you.

what troubles me, is even if these beings were benevolent and would be happy to pass on knowledge to me;

sadly, I'd still want more . . .

i believe my thirst for knowledge and answers, unquenchable.

if they were malevolent, well . . . that would stink any way you slice it.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

oh smoke . . . you have no idea how much i empathize with you.

Thank you my friend because threads such as these are the reason I first registered sir. Open minds for the win

Originally posted by JPhishwhat troubles me, is even if these beings were benevolent and would be happy to pass on knowledge to me;

sadly, I'd still want more . . .

I think at our current state of awareness as it stands right now, living and doing the daily grind and doing what we need to do just to survive that we are in a word, kept spiritually blinded for a reason.

At the very least I think we are thwarted because our lords and masters do not wish their chattels to achieve their full potential because in achieving our full potential we would realise that the system of control on this world is an aberration and was designed only to keep a few (possibly extraterrestrial in nature) in control of the many.

If everyone was to achieve a true oneness and acquire even a simple verification that what they suspect to be truth was actually the truth then naive as it sounds I really do believe that the darker mindset that has overtaken our species could be reset and we would want much more than can be gained from material wants.

For me real wealth is not in monetary terms but is the thing that resides within the mind and to some extent within the heart. Empathy and emotional connections to the person beside is key I sincerely believe but the difficulty is we seem to be programmed from the moment we are born to assume the worst of each other and thus a person passing by with the words “good Morning” is met with suspicion and distrust.
Sadly I am guilty of this.

I hope that in breaking through this that if and when we do achieve our true potential in being given the truth that we are not satisfied with just a piece of it and thus we would continue to look for more deeper meanings within the context of the truth we would have been given or led to. So that said though I fully agree with the worry about wanting more and more – to want more and more in the true meaning of the truth need not be something to be concerned with because knowledge really is power and one can never learn too much. To continue moving on in the search for deeper meaning to the truth is the real noble quest rather than the things that we are taught that is noble like skill in war, stoicism in suffering? Animals suffer with the seasons change into winter so should we see that as noble or just a necessary event in life?

Personally my heroes are the thinkers and the givers rather than the lawmakers the war seekers and the takers and this is enhanced when many of these thinkers are plagued with never being satisfied with just one version of the truth – they want an infinite variation of truths.

That is noble in my mind!

Therefore I do not think you should be sad in wanting more, that is our true nature I believe that we should never be satisfied with sitting back once one question has been answered. We live in a fractalised universe; it stands to reason we should spend a lifetime seeking answers to a million questions.

I took the long way to advise that you probably should not be troubled hehe.

Originally posted by JPhish
if they were malevolent, well . . . that would stink any way you slice it.

The thing is that there is no other way to find out other than to engage one in conversation. The way that I rationalise it is that every time I drive my car I risk death and when put into this context what are the chances really of being killed by an extraterrestrial?

We are fed lies I think that the visitors mean us harm because just looking at crop circles for instance (I believe most to be unexplainable and probably extraterrestrial or trans-dimensional) it would seem to me that we are being engaged in conversation but we are at the moment oblivious to the conversational rules.

For me if they are regressive and mean us harm then better to get it over with but that is just my viewpoint on the question as to the visitor’s motives. If they want me dead, enslaved, my descendents to be harvested or experimented on then I would be happier to get blind drunk and then go for a swim in a very cold loch rather than continue breathing because we as a species do so much harm to each other that to contemplate that visitors are also beset with a predatory and aggressive nature would not be a universe I would want much to do with.

Just a statement of fact, not a plan of action I am thinking of taking up.

In this context we cannot really lose because if we are farmed and exploited as resources then death is a release and if we are being guided by progressive visitors while sharing space with regressive extraterrestrial world managers then we have a chance of reaching a destination at some point in the future that seems to be very bright.

Nothing stays the same and I take that to mean that eventually the shackles that bind and blind us will one day disappear and my only fear is that I will be dead of old age before that day comes.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I'm so bored with people I'd volunteer to be abducted by aliens, provided they promise to put me back eventually, alive and unharmed.

I get tired of the constant hustle and bustle of life and people not paying attention to what's important. The human species is moving forward technology wise but we're stagnated as far as society.

So yeah I'd be willing to reach a higher awareness even if it meant getting examined by aliens.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I think you might already know my answer but here it is anyways;

Absolutely !

It was/is the most amazing thing that no words can do true credit to.

Woody

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

is this something like joining an organization to raise consciousness and you're asked to participate in same sex orgies with the guru?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Exactly what 'Higher Awareness' are they seeking?

Are talking knowledge, additional senses or something else?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I think it may be a requisite of those who truely wish to aquire knowledge for its own sake, to be fearless in its pursuit.
Besides, humanity has been dealing with its members for long enough, that if there is an entity that knows how to hurt us more than another of our kind could, those entities only reside in heaven and hell. In the material universe there can be no greater experts in the desecration of the flesh and the mind of man, than man himself. Based on that logic, one would be foolish not to accept a intergalactic cruise, which could result in glorious awakening, rather than sit on earth with mankind killing himself as the background music in the soundtrack of life.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
You all bring in such interesting points. I stand with many in that, I too am saying yes. I am so thirsty for knowledge. I sleep and dream of it. I wake and think of it. It's a constant in my life. I know there is more to this life than meets the eye.

SmokeJaguar67,
Your view of it all is completely refreshing. You provide new and fascinating insight into this thought. I haven't seen it like that ever before. I suppose you're in a way, an Interstellar Patriot.
Your mind is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing. I do feel empowered by your words, to be honest.

troubleshooter,
I feel you and I are going to be meeting quite often on these topics. heh I enjoy good discussion though, and so I will always welcome your thoughts as well. The higher awareness I'm referring to though, is one of mind. Entirely. And I don't really know how to put it into words, but I just mean a higher plane of thought. What I see in my mind is almost impossible to find words for. I feel we are all of One conscience though. And we will discover how to function as such.

That means our minds connected. Something beyond this world. Something beautiful. Something fulfilling. Something.... free. No bindings, or anything to hinder us. I wish I could word it better, but I truly don't know how.

woodwytch,

My good friend, I do of course know your answer to this question. I'm glad you replied. You are one of my greatest inspirations into this pursuit. We stand together.

JPhish,
The pursuit of knowledge is admirable always. Wanting more is exactly the way you should be, in my opinion. And I too can't seem to find a quenching point. Maintain that passion. I feel it will be entirely worth it.

reject,
Ummm... I think you want the thread down the hall and to the left. B.Y.O.B.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Beautifully written, poetic, and profound. I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

cant dispute... looks like you can sign me up

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Thanks for your interesting question, EagleTalonZ.

Before I can answer it......

What do you mean by "higher awareness"?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I came across the thought when I was talking to a new friend I made. I remember the scripture, "To whom much is given, much is required" from my days as a Christian. My mentor at the time explained that in this scripture he's saying that you will face a lot more opposition once you take the reigns. Or, worded another way... you become a target.

So with that said, I'm simply asking...

At the risk of being abducted, tortured and all that an abduction could entail, would you accept that risk if it meant truly being connected to the Universe. Having True understanding. Knowing. Breaking free of the "Matrix" so to speak. (to be honest, I'm very poor at describing what I am pursuing)

Here is a quote I read somewhere describing awareness:

Without awareness, we unconsciously react, analyze, judge and interpret, without really knowing what's going on. As awareness increases, we see more clearly the dynamics at play.

You become truly aware of what is happening. Both "locally" and in the universe. Your mind is open and expands. Your conscience is expanded beyond the realms of all you have experienced as a human.

I hope that helps. Like I said, I don't really know how to word what I'm pursuing. I only feel what it means deep within me.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Thank you for your detailed & thoughtful reply, EagleTalonZ.

In that case my answer is "yes".....

..... abduct away, guys!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ So my question is would you seek a higher personal awareness if it meant you would without a doubt, be abducted and tested?

Well like they say, there is never a dumb question but, this is a great question. You know what "ETZ" if one is parhaps over the age of forty or approaching fifty and has had a good taste or long drink of life as we know and live it today, I would say yes, most people would be just about ready for a change or some new adventure. Excuse me for my what may seem post-tramic stress but this planet literally suck big ones. I mean come on guys, what the hell is really going on with this planet. Well like Jack Nickelson said to Tom Crusie from the jury stand..."You can't handle the truth"! That's about the size of it. The world caters to children until about the age of 28 and after that it's good-bye lucille. The masses are so brained washed on their material and gadgets that I begin to see that the terrorist are not all that wrong in their endeavors. Random school shootings, gang violence and people blowing up their company or family out of hate and pure revenge. Hell yea, I'd surly take the next space ship out of here because as one approaches mid-life, if you got anything between your shoulders then the average tom dick and harry, then I sure a trip to the nearest star and back at the speed of light would be all that I need to want to come back here and nuke this planet once and for ever....ok, just being sataircal!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join