It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to grow spiritually

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleKnowledge
without stability or reliability from anyone? I unlike most I have had little stability in my life as a result all all I want is peace and stability though I am powerless to make people get along. Do any of you live alone without family or friend you can rely on? Where do you start in such a situation? Without stability I feel the only option relieve stress from this is to get rid of things and peruse minimalism. I feel their is nothing left but to seek peace and stability. I wish to learn to live without money but with skills knowledge to help others.

The Jews believed you may not grow much spiritually until you have passed the age of 40 and have a full belly. Full belly meaning the knowledge, wisdom and experience life brings.

My answer to you:

It is truly hard to seek peace without the right environment. I believe it is impossible in this day and age to truly find peace. Everyone is very busy, they have no time or don't care about the wisdom you hold. the love for money has dwindled any capacity to pursue wisdom.

If you want to help others, I suggest you start at hot-lines. They are the best places to help other people in need.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

There is one place where you can find stability and people you can depend on, and that is the Army. In the Army, you go through missions and maybe battles with your fellow soldiers and you depend on other soldiers with your life, so the bonds you develop with your fellow soldiers are stronger than any other bonds you develop in your life in this day and age. But the downside is you have to accept the fact that you may not be fighting for a cause you would actually wish to support.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

True, but the OP wants to find peace and help people. Not to be sent off to wars and kill people.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Thanks for that idea what companies offer something like that. I would like to help people live easier more simple healthy lives.Maybe I should write a book though I think self help book are already a dead horse.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SimpleKnowledge]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

True though Ill pass though I would like to learn all the survival skills and be in top shape and feel ready for anything. Though I don't think I could join if I don't share their views like you said.

[edit on 4-2-2010 by SimpleKnowledge]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join