It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming-Please clear something up...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
How are we all doing? Anyways, I've been reading here and there that mand-made global warming was proven a hoax?!?! I don't recall hearing about this on the news or anything, and it mainly seems to be coming from pro-republican sites and the site.

Anyways without turning this into a debate can someone please tell me if this is true? Has this actually been proven a hoax? And if this is true, do you think the powers that be are simply lying to us again?

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Occy Anonymous]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
It's not a hoax, from what i been reading. Its not man created either, its a natural cycle of earth. Humans as a species just aren't helping the healing process as much as they are the destruction process.

Too much eraser not enough pencil.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Its not exact rocket science to say that we are the blame of Global Warming, though now you have to use Climate Change since we are in a cold spell they dont want to use Global Warming anymore.

Anyway Its not hard to figure out that they are trying to tax us for things we have no control over, the planet has a tenancy to get as hot or cold as she feels like and there isnt a damn thing we can do about it..

So in other words there isnt really anything to worry about it, alot of things have to do with our solar system and how it reacts with the earth..

But in the end it is best to do your own research on the subject of this on a bright note some hackers stole some emails that basically prove global warming(Climate Change) a farce.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I apologize, I meant to say Man made global warming. But yeah, I always thought that the average temperature in the Jurassic period and whatnot was higher then it is now, and Earth is simply heating up again from the last Ice age. But if man made global warming is false, does that mean the ramifications from the Earth heating up will be any less severe??

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

As Thichheaded said, it's just something the PTB use to enforce tax and laws on us to make more of their invisible money and control. The human contribution is there, but I don't think it's enough to really matter. Earth does what it wants, humans or not. The heads and higher ups are just there to make profit from it.

It's like if they taxed us for every time the sun came up, because without our money to fund some kind of project, the sun won't come up the next day.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Yeah, I agree with thickheaded and your comments about it being just a profiteering enterprise, but I was also wondering if global warming is still happening albeit naturally, is Earth still screwed? will the polar ice caps still melt and weather patterns get thrown out of whack and all that, if the world is still heating up, doesn't that mean the problem still exists?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yes, I think so. I'm no weather or earth shift expert, but I know what my body feels, and it feels cold as polar ice this winter and hot as hades in the summer.

Earth is changing, too many events pointing towards that direction to ignore or deny. Then again, earth is always changing, humans just were un/lucky enough to experience a lot of them that changed the surface of the planet.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There is an abnormaly high rate of increase of co2 levels. The argument is over what affect it will have. This is one of those things where you really need to do your own research. Corruption is everywhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Yeah, thats the thing its hard to do research when it is so corrupted. There is no single straight answer to the question hahaha, I guess that wouldve been too easy.

la2

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Its a natural cycle, but its being drastically speeded up by mans intervention

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I definitely know its not a hoax;
I think all the people trying to say its a hoax are disinfo agents;
Trying to say global warming is a hoax is like trying to say that pollution is not real

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

I think you are referring to the discovery that the data was faked that showed that global warming is happening, see here.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do a search, there is much more on different threads on the site.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
When you take time to look in to the science of man made global warming, one can tell it is most defiantly a hoax, it is all about government gaining more taxes and taking away your freedoms. There is alway two sides to every story, and after looking into both of them, i am now convinced that man made global warming is a pure hoax and a fraud. this video might help with some of the understanding of it, but there is so much more evidence to prove the hoax.

I would strongly recommend watching all the parts. You don't hear about it much in MSM, because they are under the control of the same people perpetrating the global warming hoax, so they will only cover the parts they want, and even then in the attempt to throw you off looking in to the science for yourself. don't believe everything you see or hear, do yourself a favour and look at the science for yourself.

Lord Christopher Monckton is also an authority on the subject, here is another set of videos showing more of the science and facts.

again please watch them all, dont be ignorant to the facts.

Hope that helps take care.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think people need to learn to differentiate between Climate change and Anthropogenic (man-made) climate change.

Global warming? Roughly 2/3 of the northern hemisphere is seeing record low temperatures right now. Maybe they should get some of these AGW activists who say our breath is polluting our atmosphere as a greenhouse gas to warm up the US right now (-16° to -20° in some parts of the dakotas currently, and florida farmers risking millions of losses in citrus crops due to this arctic air mass hitting as far down as miami by this weekend).

Sooo now its "climate change". Is it happening? Sure its always happening. Is it worse due to man-made causes? Now that is a theory, and open to debate-- even if they don't want to admit it. Then again, it is kind of hard to remove 6 billion humans temporarily to see if the current trends continue without our help. Climate change happens for reasons beyond man-kind and you would be ignorant to think otherwise.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I love how people keep claiming how we are taxed for global warming yet no one can prove to me what that tax is.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I love how people keep claiming how we are taxed for global warming yet no one can prove to me what that tax is.

Here you go, this is one example among other, should look this stuff up, then you wont need anyone to prove it to you.

Carbon Tax

top topics

join