It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Not Ready... In My Opinion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Many politicians are in the habit of laying it down as a self-evident proposition that no people ought to be free till they are fit to use their freedom. The maxim is worthy of the fool in the old story who resolved not to go into the water till he had learned to swim.
-Thomas Macaulay

-Edrick

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ
I just don't see humanity as saying, "Let's co-exist in harmony and peace."

I agree with that. But i think the importance of Disclosure is not because it may bring aliens to our planet (they may already be here), but because for the mainstream to officially acknowledge the presence of intelligent alien life will change the world.

Why is that the Pope now is telling that is not a sin to believe in alien life? because disclosure will bring a revolution in people minds.

We may not be ready to have alien tourists, but we are ready to realize we are not alone. And that realization is quite an important expansion of our awareness. Don't you agree?

*PD Edrick post rock

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by oshdra

I just don't see humanity as saying, "Let's co-exist in harmony and peace."

I agree with that. But i think the importance of Disclosure is not because it may bring aliens to our planet (they may already be here), but because for the mainstream to officially acknowledge the presence of intelligent alien life will change the world.

Why is that the Pope now is telling that is not a sin to believe in alien life? because disclosure will bring a revolution in people minds.

We may not be ready to have alien tourists, but we are ready to realize we are not alone. And that realization is quite an important expansion of our awareness. Don't you agree?

To that, I do agree. I know there is a reason that we have been shown SOOOO many alien movies for the past 50+ years. I'm sure they are getting us ready. Well, maybe now at least.. not sure entirely that the long wait was always so full of purpose.

I didn't know that about the Pope though. That's highly interesting!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

Many forms of life out there and not only in our particular universe.

However, earth is the 'silent planet'...
...there is us humans and the fallen Watchers (aliens/demons).

We are all currently limited to a space within the outer orbit of the moon...
...until some are remade and some are unmade.

The remaking and unmaking will happen soon but not before a huge deception is perpetrated by the Watchers against humanity...
...when this happens it will be so convincing that even those who are to be remade would be deceived if it was possible.

When the humans who are to be remade, are remade...
...they will then be introduced to the infinite variety of life beyond our current limitations...
...won't it be cool to be one of them?

The complement is actually the truth...
...the world of men are a little 'bent' but redeemable.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Let's for a minute, open our mind to the possibility that the beings could be benevolent. That they come with a peaceful heart, and do truly want to help us. Hypothetically speaking, if this were to happen.. I'm simply saying that earth harbors too much hostility with who is already here, to be welcoming to another race.

I know there are violent beings out there. Just look at humanity. But why can't there be benevolent aliens in our universe? Why must they only be demons? It just seems like your mind is already made up, and sadly, based entirely on biased speculation. No offense meant.

I think it's too early really to know what's out there. But in addition, I think it's too early, sadly, for any changes here.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Quite frankly, you only have to read some of the posts here on ATS to know there is no way humanity is ready.

I've even read posters applying the very religious viewpoint of 'Humans are the chosen ones, aliens are evil demons!' - This on a website where many members are at least willing to entertain the notion that aliens exist.

Imagine the billions of religious nuts out there, whose only viewpoint would be 'Humans Good, Aliens Evil' ... and whose mantra would boil down to 'kill them'

Add to that all those whose tolerance of anything different is non-existent, and those who would just FREAK OUT.

Ready?... not for another 1000 years, and even then it's debatable

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Dagar

Yeah, i am sure that if disclosure happens, lots of people are going to freak out, and many more will just shut down its mind. But lets look it from this point of view: When the Vesuvius erupted in 79 AD, the Romans did not even had a word for "volcano", so evacuation came very, very late: it is estimated death count was between 10000 and 25000.

So, it can be argued that "humans are not ready" but i think its a survival imperative to realize what reality is. We may not have another 1000 years to be messing around.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well now , I hear what you are saying and on several points I can see where you are comming from.
However, I must remind you that alien beings have allegedly been visiting here for some time. There fore it is reasonable to assume that they have found something to come back for , time and again.
Further to that, if these beings are capable of some of the feats of engineering, medicine , examination , physics, and chemistry that have been reported by witnesses and abductees, then one must also assume that they know enough about the evolution of thier own race to remember a time when they had less moral judgement than they do now. To regard us as ENTIRELY beneath notice as a whole , would obviously be a statistical idiocy . No one thing in the universe as we see it , is utterly corrupt, or completely without redeeming features.
Perhaps a number of us are not ready, that must be true since there are some complete scumbags on this planet.
However even on this point we get to a metaphysical debate. What or whom would an alien race consider worthy of thier friendship? If they are looking for open minds, then obviously they may have to accept that we arent ready for mass revalations at this point. But if what they are looking for is a species of humanoid which is adaptable, learns fast, has the ability to reason, and the braun to survive hardship, well now ... thats different. Humanity is one of the most versatile beings on this earth. The only place we cannot live without mechanical assistance of a staggering size and weight would be the sea. Everywhere else from the frozen wastes of the poles, to the sandblasted plains of the sahara we roam, we survive and eventualy thrive. For all we know, there may not be so many races out there that can actualy conquer these climatalogical peaks and troughs. Perhaps most other races are born to worlds with almost uniform climates no matter where on the planet they were. There are things about this subject which make it impossible to form a water tight response to your post, but I think equaly , it cannot be said that we really know what they are looking for on this earth.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by oshdra

So, it can be argued that "humans are not ready" but i think its a survival imperative to realize what reality is. We may not have another 1000 years to be messing around.

Despite what I said in my post above I too would like to see disclosure, regardless of the consequences. If any terrestrial governments are deliberately keeping knowledge from us they have absolutely no right to do so.

With the state the world is in at the moment it might jolt some sense into humanity in general... Plus I think that part of growing up is facing uncertainties and fears head on. Better to know and deal with it than to not know and live a lie.

I suspect the upheaval will almost break us, and will most certainly divide humanity (more than it is now) for a very long time... but better to face reality, deal with the upheaval, rather than live in fear of it, then move on and upwards.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Racism is and will be an ever-present reality. There is always going to be someone out there who hates someone else for race, religion, sexual orientation, etc... i for one would welcome them with open arms in hopes they are friendly if not, they would probably be so advanced in weapons i wouldnt even know i was dead. xD

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Well thought out, stated, and productive topic EagleTalonZ. This is the type of threads I like to see in this forum, good job.

As far as the topic goes, it is something that has crossed mine, and I am sure others mind. It is true something like first contact with an entirely different species that may look nothing like us at all could turn into a "District 9" type of scenario, which would be very unfortunate and embarrassing to all of us as a (we like to think anyways) intelligent, sentient species.

I am sure however that if a species is advanced enough to travel the vast distances in space then they must be aware, or at least have some clue at which point in an isolated species (as in not aware of other intelligent, sentient life outside their homeworld) is ready for a first, mass contact (I say "mass contact" because it is very possible small scale contact has already happened in my opinion).

But really I like to thin, or at least hope that something has revolutionary and awesome as contact with an intelligent alien species would near instantly humble us, making us realize that we are indeed part of something much bigger than ourselves. All of the sudden the childish and primitive squabbles over religion, skin color, land, money, etc would (or should ,in theory if we are truly intelligent as we believe) end as we realize our place in the vast cosmos and how petty and small our wars and debates are in the grand scheme of things.

In my humble opinion there is a decent chance a first, mass contact event would take us to that next step of evolution, maybe not "overnight", but very quickly. Of course this is all theory at this point and the only way to find out is for it to actually happen, and personally I am willing to and ready to find out for real. Again, good topic, thanks for sharing, S/F...

[edit on 1/8/2010 by jkrog08]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

First of all, thank you very much for the compliment. And for taking part in the thread. I love ATS simply for the variation of thoughts and views.

I've been thinking all day about the things the members have said in here. To be honest, it's all pretty deep. I find myself agreeing with what you said about us possibly being humbled in the face of such an amazing and truly life changing moment.

I believe, as I'm sure you and many others do, that aliens are already visiting us. And have been since the beginning of time.

I accept that racism or hatred will probably always exist in some. Humans aren't perfect and therefore we are vulnerable to unintelligent emotions such as hatred. Maybe this is the key to the paradigm shift we all speak of. The other beings come after it has happened, or maybe they are the reason behind it. Either way, just as you said.. I'm sure they're intelligent enough to expect and anticipate our response to their arrival.

...And I'm certain they can handle whatever response we decide to reveal upon their arrival.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I think we are as ready as we'll ever be.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
huggs everyone,

interesting thinking about this.

we all know the world is a scary place and even if we were all 1 color and the same religeon it still wouldnt help.

lets say if Mars had a civilization like us,,Id assume we'd have defense measure incase they attack,,its a human defense mechanism of nature i guess.

And assuming the Et's as well have defense measures.

I dont disclosure would make much of a difference on who we are.
I know they are real and here,,yet I still the same.

just my pennies worth...

huggs all

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Without Disclosure i feel like in a trap.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Well, from what I have been reading/seeing/hearing from people, this will be an interesting and exciting year for people seeking Disclosure. So I guess we'll find out what our response will be. I'm personally hoping people will be so overwhelmed that hate won't be their natural response. Though I'm sure not everyone will be patient enough to allow an introduction of any sort.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I tell you what, as a species, I completely agree with you.

There are the few of us who would take to the knowledge with a smug air, and a "i told you so" look. But everyone else...

Mass panic, fighting with ourselves and other life-forms, revolting against the goverment.

I think if it is something like micro-organisms found on another planet, fair enough. We could probably cope with that.

But full intelligent life, I'm pretty convinced that most of the population, mostly those who refuse to even contemplate the idea, couldn't handle it.

Although I still would like disclosure, personally.

[edit on 11/1/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

reply to post by LeTan

I dunno. I just keep seeing the guys with the "Let's get em!" mentality shooting their guns at everything that moves in the sky. Not taking a moment to understand what is truly happening.

There will be a lot of us who will stand in awe and make every attempt to demonstrate peace and acceptance. But there is so much deep rooted ignorance in humanity, I think it will be very difficult.

By the way, I love your signature.

Eventually we will have to become "ready". We can't stay this way for hundreds more years. It isn't good.

If anything, if UFOs exist and the militaries are the ones in control of the information that isn't good, since they are after all the war-fighting organizations.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mike3

I hope we wake up and drop our ignorance too. I can't see us always being so hateful. Of course, I could be way off. I'm not sure why we cling to our hatred now even. Why we're so determined to continue fighting. It's just silly.

Maybe the first step to all of this is to free ourselves from the control of our government. Their lies hinder us in many ways.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join