It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Not Ready... In My Opinion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I know many people will disagree with me. I was just sitting here thinking about the Disclosure stuff and how it would impact the world, etc. Well, in my opinion, we're not ready for a new race to be openly visible.

My reasoning is simple. Racism still exists. We still haven't learned to stop fighting one another and judging one another. How can we possibly accept beings from another planet, time, dimension, etc?

I saw this thread:
Interstellar Racism: A Future Problem

It sorta touches on what I'm saying, but not entirely.

Nothing proves my point more than the last election in America. So much bitterness about the color of our president from many people. It was an issue to many, and to say otherwise is blind ignorance.

I could be wrong. Maybe people would learn to put racism and prejudice aside if and when they show up. But I highly doubt it. At least... not yet.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I've had this thought many a times, hopefully though just the fact that we are not alone will be enough to awaken the people, and if doesn't looks we're boned.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Occy Anonymous

I hope it is enough. The thing is, I think there is just too much ignorance in the world. A lot of us even have the "shoot first, ask questions later" mentality. Just look at the movies. We expect a fight from anything that is different. Guns blazing when we open the doors. I personally feel our arrogance is humanity's biggest fault.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Could go the way you say. It could also prove to the biggots that life is perpetual throughout the galaxy. When they see another race descending from the skies in craft that their brain couldn't fathom, they won't feel so superior.

I feel it would make people think like "oh man, this (insert race here) guy standing next to me is the same species as me cause I KNOW for a fact that the guy coming out of that ship sure as hell isn't". People are like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

They are just demons in aliens clothing...
...so I hope we are never 'ready'.

The joke is it is they who caused the human condition in the first place...
...and now we are being made to regard ourselves as inferior beings...
...and unworthy of them.

What a cosmic joke this is!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I dunno. I just keep seeing the guys with the "Let's get em!" mentality shooting their guns at everything that moves in the sky. Not taking a moment to understand what is truly happening.

There will be a lot of us who will stand in awe and make every attempt to demonstrate peace and acceptance. But there is so much deep rooted ignorance in humanity, I think it will be very difficult.

By the way, I love your signature.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
are we ready? for what? it depends on how much they tells us. if they tell us we aren't alone - then ok i think we can all handle that. but if they tell us that they are a threat and we are screwed... no i don't think we are ready for that.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

I would like for you to tell me exactly who you feel would be arriving? Or do you feel that all other beings are "demons in aliens clothing..."?

Not to judge, but it sounds like religious doctrine speaking.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

Well that was actually pretty funny. I can totally see your point, but I'm not really talking about the message they bring. I'm saying, regardless... our minds aren't ready for another race of beings when we can't even accept the beings (races) who are already here.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
LoL, just watched District 9 before finding this post. Interstellar racism is more or less the gist of that movie. I actually started to feel for the aliens in that flick. All in all I think I would agree with the OP. We may be awestruck at first but it would eventually turn out kind of the same way District 9 did. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The amusing part about District 9 is that the aliens had more human emotions than humans themselves did.

Also in the movie, the aliens were shown as broke intergalactic travelers with a flat tire landing on earth. I'm pretty sure that if a mercedes benz rolled into my neighborhood filled with guns, candy and two frail starved teenagers behind the wheel.. they would be taken advantage of faster than the aliens in the movie.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I'm pretty sure that if a mercedes benz rolled into my neighborhood filled with guns, candy and two frail starved teenagers behind the wheel.. they would be taken advantage of faster than the aliens in the movie.

Nice! I actually totally forgot about District 9. That is a great example of what I mean about humanity. I think if they were kind, we would be cruel. One thing about humans.. we LOVE to take advantage of goodness. And I don't mean we're kind.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by EagleTalonZ]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZMy reasoning is simple. Racism still exists. We still haven't learned to stop fighting one another and judging one another. How can we possibly accept beings from another planet, time, dimension, etc?

Neuroscience, Cognitive Psychology, Evolution, Genetics, Head Trauma victims, and even party animals like the more familiar faces of Jim Beam and Mary Jane suggest in concordance that our behaviors are tied to our biology. Even if you believe in the existence of a soul that exists after death, the evidence for behavioral and mental processes being tied to the function of the brain is beyond question by all but the most stubbornly ignorant and deluded.

So if we're not ready now, we'll never be ready. The scales of time and reproduction rates necessary for our species to evolve is staggering. Our brains have not changed substance or structure since we first learned to domesticate ourselves and leave the hunter-gatherer nomadic life behind - despite the radical environmental & selective shift represented by life in settlements and civilization. Indeed, we are functionally no different than the first homo sapien sapien ancestors 150,000 years ago. We do have a remarkable adaptation for range of plasticity in our brains (re-wiring, necessary for basic information storage/memory) - but they are still functionally the same organ creating the same perceptions in the same manner in which they always have.

If we are not ready now, we'll never be... because by the time our brains evolve the structural configuration necessary to change human nature, we will no longer be humans. We'll be some other species which descended from humans. We would no longer be human as we tend to think of humans, but rather they would be to us what we are to australopithecus. Not to imply that evolution would make us "better, stronger, faster" or other subjective measures of "advancement". The ideal intelligence level for optimum adaptability and survival might be far, far lower. Natural selection may well weed out most forms of intelligent life which are capable of developing technology levels we have or higher. Most here would recognize the argument as Michio Kaku's "Type 0 to Type 1 Civilization transition".

If they want to know and contact humanity... well, here we are, warts and all.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

If they want to know and contact humanity... well, here we are, warts and all.

You present great logic. It all makes sense. Saddens me to think we would never be ready because I am very eager to see a new world that can co-exist with other beings.

Dr. Michio Kaku is one of my greatest inspirations of science and quantum physics. Speaking of which, if so many of us have learned to accept and embrace the new ideas of beings coming, why couldn't we all learn to? Obviously it wouldn't be easy, or anytime soon.. (at least peacefully in my opinion). Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EagleTalonZ

I would like for you to tell me exactly who you feel would be arriving? Or do you feel that all other beings are "demons in aliens clothing..."?

Not to judge, but it sounds like religious doctrine speaking.

These are the same 'gods' that controlled Egypt and the Greeks...
...inter-dimensional entities that have corrupted 'the world of men'.

They arrive as messengers of light bearing gifts...
...and human cargo cultists are greedy for their trinkets.

Be careful of the 'snow job'...
...historical documents have been reclassified as 'religious' to minimize information that would expose them.

I know of no 'religion' that holds this view as doctrine.
Christian groups have no doctrine on this issue...
...and only a scant few even have a view.

There is enough information in ancient secular and religious texts to make any prudent man cautious...
...but history will repeat itself again.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Most, if not all, of the Christians I was raised around were taught that "aliens" were just the minions of the devil. They were demons. And that we were to completely distrust any beings who did not bring the message of Jesus. Hence the reason I said your statement sounded like religious doctrine.

Now, what I'm saying is this... perhaps you're right. Maybe they do come with ill intentions. Though I personally don't see the reason to deceive. If they can make the flight across the galaxy, I don't see them having a problem conquering our weak race.

My true point though, is that if they came, bringing peace and true hope... it would be completely irrelevant because we, as humans.. wouldn't accept them without much hostility. As the other thread titled it, "Interstellar Racism".

In fact... we could be the "demons in alien's clothing" to them.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Most, if not all, of the Christians I was raised around were taught that "aliens" were just the minions of the devil. They were demons. And that we were to completely distrust any beings who did not bring the message of Jesus. Hence the reason I said your statement sounded like religious doctrine.

My world-view is Judeo/Christian but I am not religious (no group, ritual, doctrinal list).

Now, what I'm saying is this... perhaps you're right. Maybe they do come with ill intentions. Though I personally don't see the reason to deceive. If they can make the flight across the galaxy, I don't see them having a problem conquering our weak race.

Many abductees report that the'aliens' have a strange interest in Jesus...
...but why would you fly across the universe to dump on Jesus?

I think these entities have been here all along...
...but they are only able to manifest when human spiritual defences are down...
...the world has been setup to accept their 'new clothes' by fifty years of media presenting an Alien Hypothesis...
...and the rise of Eastern philosophies embedded in the New Age movement.

Have a close look at the people who are out front lobbying governments and supporting Alien Disclosure...
...they are all New Age hacks desperate for validation and new technologies.

My true point though, is that if they came, bringing peace and true hope... it would be completely irrelevant because we, as humans.. wouldn't accept them without much hostility. As the other thread titled it, "Interstellar Racism".

History tells us that they arrive in any form that a culture will accept...
...and bring knowledge and technologies and promises...
...that's exactly what they are doing now eh?

You should not let them put you down like that...
...you are an extraordinary human being and you have soveriegnty over this earth, not them.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I could be wrong. Maybe people would learn to put racism and prejudice aside if and when they show up. But I highly doubt it. At least... not yet.

So it seems at least you are a thinking dreamer. By that I mean one,
racism has always been with us and it isn't going anywhere. I think
it sucks and also serves some purposes. We have made great strides in
getting around it, but you know as well as I do it will always remain
in all of us.
Two, it appears you also realise that if we ever got this disclosure people are so hopeful about. It would just be a big disappointment. So you finally get the Govt. to admit to the lies and cover ups. Then...... what?

Well what? nothin'. Dosn't mean anything has to happen after that.

Quit thinkin about it pal. I understand you, I feel you, but it really is a waste of thought. Learn a language or something to improve yourself.
You are n't going to live forever.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

But... EagleTalonZ, you are assuming that all aliens are the same!! I think is more likely there must be lots of different type of aliens, there must be many that have a similar evolution, some that are less evolved, and some that must be FAR more evolved than us.

Very likely there must be aliens that ARE doing something against us in this moment. But also, there must be very cool aliens, with a deep knowledge about the universe and reality.

Are we ready for them to show up?? what could be the critical point?? why is that they are not already here in the first place?? I think they do not show up for the very same reason we do not have a probe of the existence (or not existence) of God. We need a long time to gather experience from a total ignorance state. I feel is not a matter of "everybody knows to behave correctly" but a general species state of evolution. We, as a specie, has reach a certain state. Now is time to confront a element of reality we have not take into account yet.

If we have been contacted from the beginning, history would have been very different, doesnt it? but we have been left in the ignorance, so we have had to get knowledge from our own effort. Now, i think the information that shows that alien life MUST be there, is practically already in our hands. For me, probability rules tell me very high, that life in other planets MUST exist.

Maybe they are just waiting for us to realize they have been there all this time. Are you worried we are going to shot them at first sight?? I would be really surprised for them to not know who we are. I will not worry for such details.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well, first of all allow me to clarify, I do believe there are many different alien races. Like you said, some more advanced, others maybe not so much. I'm not sure what they will be, or are, like. I am only saying that our race, in my opinion, is not ready for them. Or at least, to co-exist with them.

Troubleshooter, regarding your statement about the aliens interest in Jesus, I find that highly interesting, cuz in many views... Jesus was an alien. And I actually tend to lean in that direction.

But not to jump off topic. However, I do appreciate your compliment. heh

Regardless though, the type of aliens that come is not what I'm talking about. They could be very ugly, maybe even fish-like and missing an eye *ahem*... or they could be very beautiful. I just don't see humanity as saying, "Let's co-exist in harmony and peace."

Television really tells the story. We always want to fight the aliens. We hate people who aren't like us. Killing is our nature. Truth be known, I say we're the hostile race that the other races probably are trying to avoid. And maybe even hindering us from being able to travel to other planets. But that's just a thought.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join