It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Our security failed and the buck stops with me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

President Obama said last night that ultimately it was his responsibility to keep Americans safe from terrorists as he announced a major shake-up of US security in the wake of the Christmas Day airline bomb plot.

“The buck stops with me,” Mr Obama declared during a long statement at the White House , in which he decried the security failures that allowed a Nigerian man with known links to extremists, and with plastic explosives sewn into his underwear, to board a US-bound flight.

So much security and some how this guy makes it on a plane with explosives.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

“The buck stops with me,”

Wow.

I may have actually gained a bit of respect for Obama. All we ever hear about is how he blames Republicans for his problems, but here he is taking personal responsibility for something.

I never heard Bush or Cheney take an ounce of responsibility for the massive intelligence failures on 9/11.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Listen, Obama or whomever you actually are

LESS of the phony, scripted-for-mass-consumption 'admissions'

and LET'S SEE THAT BIRTH CERTIFICATE ! NOW !

But no. Instead, you peddle your masters' agenda

in order to usher in even more punitive and ludicrous PHONY
'security measures'

resulting from the MURDER of 3,000 Americans on 9/11

which in turn gave your murderous masters leave to MURDER one million Iraqis

and TENS of thousands of Afghanis

not to mention the MURDERS being committed by the United States across the globe

AND the phony 'global financial collapse' which ruined and destroyed FURTHER MILLIONS and about which you and your master LAUGH in glee !

PLUS the PHONY 'global warming/climate change' LIES via which your masters will PLUNDER UNTOLD BILLIONS from the SAME VICTIMS ... humans worldwide

and Edited to add, let's not forget YOUR part in the PHONY 'swine-flu' scam. Let's not forget that you allegedly stood to gain from this via your investment portfolio and surely Big Pharma was offering kick-backs to those 'politicians' (SPIT) who 'sold' that miserable, disgusting scam by murdering a few hundred here and there to make the claims of 'global pandemic' believable to the alleged 'sheep/cattle' ?

Now, to further your masters' agenda, you have rushed obscene 'scanning devices' into play ---- all the while knowing AS YOU DO that these devices were ORDERED more than SIX MONTHS AGO in preparation for your masters' insane plots against humankind

and YOU, Obama, stand there like the bought-and-owned PUPPET you are clearly seen to be

and pretend 'humility' in the belief that WE are as mind-controlled and intellectually-challenged as YOU and YOUR MASTERS

GO AWAY you fool !

Go find that BIRTH CERTIFICATE ! NOW !

Until we have SEEN it and until it has been PROVEN beyond all doubt to be genuine

then you are NOTHING ! And have NO RIGHT to speak to us about anything at all !

Until you have proved your legitimacy

YOU REMAIN JUST ANOTHER BLOGGER, OBAMA !

Now go get that proof of legitimacy

or go away

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Dock9]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I agree with you on that drwizard. I do truly hope that he believes that and is owning it. There is still that slight nag in me though that it was a focus-group created idea that will gain him brownie points....but again....I am hoping it is not.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Please dont be fooled by this pathetic display by our great leader. I find it unforgivable that he continued his "vacation" for days after the attack before making a statement to our nation. This terrorist attack clearly isnt a big deal for him, and the only reason he is saying anything at all is because he has read the polling data and realises that the majority of Americans see him as a failure so far in protecting the nation. Remember everyone...this is failure number 2 in just his first year. There was a system set up by the previous president that worked and our current president has done his best at dismanteling it, and presenting a weaker United States to the world in his many speeches over the past months. His taking the responsiblity is a crock, but the big joke is that he thinks he's fooling us again...I do believe he is coming to realize that he just may be a one termer in the whitehouse.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

“The buck stops with me,”

Wow.

I may have actually gained a bit of respect for Obama. All we ever hear about is how he blames Republicans for his problems, but here he is taking personal responsibility for something.

I never heard Bush or Cheney take an ounce of responsibility for the massive intelligence failures on 9/11.

You don't think his advisers didn't tell him...."boss if you accept all the blame then the American people will give you a brake"

Well somethings are not forgivable, and a failure in America's security is one of them, so he failed plan and simple whether he wants to take the blame or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Please dont be fooled by this pathetic display by our great leader. I find it unforgivable that he continued his "vacation" for days after the attack before making a statement to our nation.

He needed time to figure out what sounded best in the media, for that is what he is all about.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

I like your post

Question should be: would you employ this person (Obama) ?

If you owned an electrical or other retail establishment for example ... would you consider him to be a competent employee ?

If you were customer of a retail establishment, would you consider Obama to reflect well upon that establishment ? Would you buy from them again ? Would you recommend them to your friends and family ?

This is a guy who took off. The whore media presented photos of his non-interesting family swimming. Media showed this character playing golf

All the while, you as supposed 'customer' were left hanging until after the Christmas break

And when the character is forced back to work, this is the best he can come up with ? You'd go to consumer-affairs, wouldn't you ?

If Obama were an Ebay seller, you'd leave him Negative Feedback

Even worse is the fact that his supposed 'humble admission' is itself a LIE intended to compell millions, worldwide, to be subjected to ridiculous inconvenience and MORE 'terror' spin, not to mention be subjected to potentially DANGEROUS and NEEDLESS 'security scanners'

which were ORDERED SIX and MORE MONTHS AGO !

So ... phony 'security breach' leading to INCREASED 'security measures'

and ALL the while, Obama's masters/owners rake in the dollars

at the same time they lessen the quality of life

of those who PAY Obama and his masters/owners to exist

But NOT until Obama has enjoyed his holiday in the alleged 'place of his birth'

LOL

Are you going to VOTE HIM BACK ?

If so, you deserve what you get

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Don't forget also that the head of the National Counter-terrorism Center similarly decided that the event wasn't important enough to interrupt his Christmas vacation plans:

"The top official in charge of analyzing terror threats did not cut short his ski vacation after the underwear bomber nearly blew up an airliner on Christmas Day, the Daily News has learned.

Michael Leiter, director of the National Counterterrorism Center since 2007, decided not to return to his agency's "bat cave" nerve center in McLean, Va., until several days after Christmas, two U.S. officials said.

"People have been grumbling that he didn't let a little terrorism interrupt his vacation," said one of the sources."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... z0bzfw9zTC

[edit on 1/7/2010 by bagari]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

there's a difference between verbally accepting responsibility and actually upholding it.

when he actually does something for us that he said he would, then i'll have a little admiration for him. but i think many of us have learned to discard his empty words.

new topics

top topics

join