It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Document: Proposed U.S Biological Warfare Program Expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For all those interested in the expansion of US Biological Warfare research, here is a proposed USAMRID program of Biodefense research supporting the Department of Homeland Security.

The Leading Edge of Biodefense: The National Biodefense Analysis and Countermeasures Center
Department of Homeland Security / USAMRIID
Source: Internet (www.afpmb.org, since removed), 2004
PDF, 34 powerpoint slides, 8.5 mb

The NBACC was established in 2002 and publicly unveiled in detail in a 28 April 2004 press conference with HHS Secretary Thompson, DHS Secretary Ridge, and DOD Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. The exact provenance of this document is, at present, unclear. This description of the NBACC and its controversial proposed activities was briefly placed on the website of the US Armed Forces Pest Management Board, following a presentation about NBACC to a military entomology conference in February 2004. The file was removed from the military website on or about 23 April 2004, when it came to the attention of arms control organizations.

The history of the file indicates that the powerpoint presentation originated in the office of the Director of USAMRIID at Ft. Detrick, Maryland. Two of the slides (#23 and #24) are marked "draft". Notes in the original file indicate that this version of the presentation, made by Lt. Col George Korch, was prepared for Major General Lawlor, Commander, Joint Task Force Civil Support, U.S. Joint Forces Command. The notes, which are not reproduced in the PDF file, read:

Briefing to MG Lawlor Sir, thanking for giving us the opportunity to brief our proposal, or working concept to you this new research initiative, countering biological terrorism research program. Purpose: The purpose of the brief is to present to you our working concept for developing a new applied research initiative and to seek your buy-in and approval for the proposed concept.

The document can be found here.

Download it now!

www.cbwtransparency.org...

If implemented, this proposed program would be the largest expansion of the US BW program since the height of the Cold War.

zero lift

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by John bull 1]

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by zero lift]

d1k

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well I read it and did not see anything about weaponizing. Its all defence related.

[Edited on 25-5-2004 by d1k]

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
There is some scrutiny about proposed plans for bio-defense research:

MSNBC:
Arms control advocates are warning the Bush administration that proposed research for a new homeland security center may violate an international ban on biological weapons and encourage other countries to follow...

...Korch said in February that the center might study whether deadlier bacteria and viruses could be developed to ensure that U.S. defenses would be effective among the most dangerous pathogens. Other areas to be studied could include developing aerosols that contain deadly germs and new methods of delivering germ-warfare agents.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
d1k, sorry you were mis-informed. The original title was Biological Warfare research, NOT Bio-Weapons research.

At the bottom of my post it says edited by John bull 1

I can only assume John bull 1 had something to do with the change of title.

Perhaps John could tell us why it was changed to a misleading title?

zero lift

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hands up. I admit it.

My apologies Zero Lift.I thought I was making the title clearer and less cumbersome.

Please feel free to edit it back to it's original title.I shouldn't of tinkered with it.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thanks for explaining that John. Don't let it put you off editing my posts, I'm sure there will be some that'll need it.

Cheers,

zero lift

new topics

top topics

join