It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do memebers leave ATS or just change names?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Miss me?

Most definitely! Don't give your power to people who don't deserve it. You make a great contribution to ATS and I miss you.
Pick your debate partners more wisely next time. Some people just aren't worth it.

To the OP, Most likely, you're coming up against people who hold the same opinions and intelligence as people from the past. It's common on a board as large and active as ATS. But it could be people re-registering under another name. If they have a new IP and email address, I don't think they could be tracked by ATS.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Miss me?

Most definitely! Don't give your power to people who don't deserve it. You make a great contribution to ATS and I miss you.
Pick your debate partners more wisely next time. Some people just aren't worth it.

To the OP, Most likely, you're coming up against people who hold the same opinions and intelligence as people from the past. It's common on a board as large and active as ATS. But it could be people re-registering under another name. If they have a new IP and email address, I don't think they could be tracked by ATS.

*looks over shoulder, just to make sure*

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Haha must just be talking to former members that got banned...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I register under new names because I tend to embarrass myself on other sites, such as 4chan. I don't deal well with that sort of attention, since I was once harassed by them, and now as soon as I realize I acted like an idiot, I just stop all postings under that username for a while.

Also I forget my password for this site a lot. ;D And the emails connected to my accounts.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think it's pretty easy for the mods to spot someone re-registering with a different user name. I think there's even a term for that... sockpuppet, or something like that.

Also I think you get deleted if you don't post for awhile; I know that happened to me. I don't post much, so it didn't bother me too much, but I finally did re-register a few months ago, with the same username I had years ago.

Never did figure out why I got 'erased'....

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperManny

Really? My first and oldest account, after years of sitting, rotting, and doing nothing, was still around when I opened up the crypt of an old email and found my password confirmation on it.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I thought I was banned once....

But it turned out to be a combination of heartburn/hangover and a bad intereweb connection.

Seriously though...

I'm sure some members have rejoined after either being banned and have returned or some who have forgotten their old passwords and thought it easier just to create a new account and carry on with the old banter than trying to figure out what their "Custom" user name was and password.

Long Time Lurker
Slay

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join