It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine H5N1 (Avian Flu) 2010! Well, is it going to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Back in November a Ukrainian politician predicted a more lethal flu outbreak by the middle of this month, January 2010. Do you think it's likely to ensue?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Depends if Yulia Tymoshenko's opposition decides to make rallys and start campaigning for the elections that are scheduled in the coming weeks/months...

There was a thread about this that I read a short time ago, but I can't seem to find it... Anyone know where it is?

Magnum

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I found a few sources confirming what I said :

Ukraine's Phantom Flu

You need to read between the lines of the different articles of this one.
Reuters

Another source...
Ukraine Shuts Schools...

And Time Magazine
Time Magazine Ukraine Swine Flu

My wife is from Ukraine, in the Crimea region, and is actually living there currently (she got her visa and is coming soon). She was saying that everyone was scared back at the first outbreak, and that she did not hear anything about a second one yet on the MSM or from the politicians. Maybe they are waiting to announce it?

In any event, don't worry, you'll hear about it if there is a more deadly outbreak. Ukraine has a long history of man made misery, and Ukrainians are very resilient people. They'll get over it, probably before anyone here will.

Peace

Magnum

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

I don't have a whole lot of fate in us getting word of the true ramification of the Ukrainian outbreaks.

Has your wife being following this blog?:

ukraineplague.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Thanks for the information. It's definitely and interesting find. I don't think my wife saw this or she would have mentioned it to me. There is a very big problem with corruption over there. My father in-law told me that a police officer there makes on average 7 000 UAH (Hryvna) a month. This is around 1000$ US. A "good" police officer, who knows "what to do" can make 10 000$ USD a month. Those are the ones who are driving the nice cars and have the nice homes.

It's not a stretch for me if someone told me that the site was brought down by the state. They've done much worse in the past.

Peace

Magnum

new topics

top topics

join