It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan detains 5 Americans near Iran border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Pakistan detains 5 Americans near Iran border

www.presstv.ir

Pakistani police said on Thursday that the Americans were carrying out suspicious activities along the border. They were driving in a car with fake license plates, police added.

The five Americans were freed after the US consulate in Karachi intervened and demanded their release. The US consulate apparently told police that the Americans enjoyed diplomatic immunity.

A number of US citizens, most of them armed, have recently been arrested in several Pakistani cities. But they were freed follo...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Very fishy. Suspicious activities, fake license plates, and diplomatic immunity.

Diplomatic Immunity?! Are they diplomats?

And near the Iranian border? Come on, what do I look like?

Iran is playing pretty cool considering the temperature is so hot down there. I mean, they've got either the MIB or the CIA driving around with fake license plates and guns near their border with Pakistan. I mean, not only that, but they've got DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY! They could do anything!

This is one crazy planet.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The US consulate apparently told police that the Americans enjoyed diplomatic immunity. A number of US citizens, most of them armed, have recently been arrested in several Pakistani cities. But they were freed following interventions by the US embassy.

So what is fact accordingly to the claims of this article, is that I can ..... and I can .... and every american can .... and we actually could ...... And All Americans would have diplomatic immunity? This could prove useful to some I would imagine. That is if Americans actually have "FULL" immunity in pakistan.

The Idea makes me curious.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I do think its a bit wrong that they have to release the Americans but if that had happened here or in the US they would be detained no matter what their government said. I think its all about the ones with the most poser, The Americans are the biggest so everyone else does as they are told.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Very fishy. Suspicious activities, fake license plates, and diplomatic immunity.

This is not from a legitimate source. Presstv is the propaganda arm of the Iranian gov't. Nothing that originates from this source should ever be posted in BREAKING NEWS forum.

Let's wait to a legit source reports this. This post should be moved to Skunkworks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
There is a sad and hidden seldom spoken truth when it comes to international diplomacy.

The nation that can project its military power the furthest from its shores and with the most effective violent force is in an ideal position to dictate the terms of diplomacy.

For better or worse, right or wrong, good, bad or ugly, the United States is that most dominant military force on the planet. Between our air force, navy, marines, coast guard, army and the CIA, DEA, NSA and a few others we can project force almost anywhere.

The reality is we can take out almost any world leader, general, or diplomat with a automated drone operated from Langley, VA at CIA Headquarters without even risking one solitary American life to injury or incarceration in that process.

It’s not so much that so many nations want to listen to our dictates; they really don’t have much choice.

We are very adept at making them offers that they can not refuse.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Didn't the Pakistanis catch some Iranians in that same region just a month or two ago ?

Perhaps a midnight meeting behind the scenes ?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Can you imagine if a carload of Iranians were stopped in Canada along the US border in a car with fake plates?

Is the CIA competent at anything any more?

Looks like the US intelligence and military community is fostering more regime change for the New World Order.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by MegaCurious

This is not from a legitimate source. Presstv is the propaganda arm of the Iranian gov't. Nothing that originates from this source should ever be posted in BREAKING NEWS forum.

Let's wait to a legit source reports this. This post should be moved to Skunkworks.

PressTV is no more of a propaganda arm to Iran than CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX or any other news source from the US is an arm of the US gov't. at least PressTV reports news and not the sex lives of hollywood and wether or not tiger woods is gettin head from 9 different woman..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman

PressTV is no more of a propaganda arm to Iran than CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX or any other news source from the US is an arm of the US gov't. at least PressTV reports news and not the sex lives of hollywood and wether or not tiger woods is gettin head from 9 different woman..

That is absolutely false and you are either ignorant of the difference between a state sponsored media and a lazy, inept media or you are purposely misleading.

Which is it?

PressTV is run by the Iranian Gov't. No matter what the conspiracy nutbags believe, NONE of the networks is controlled by the US govt. They each have their own political leanings but that is not even remotely the same as being owned and operated by the state.

Anyone who deems PressTV to be anything close to credible is beyond help.

new topics

top topics

join